Byond ID?
    TheeBiggest

CM Character?
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST (-06)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Doing my math correctly, I believe I can put in around 20 hours per week to moderate the server ingame. Less depending on my work schedule

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Currently I am a Discord Volunteer for the CM13 server itself

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    It depends on the player's intent. for ex. They could be a new(ish) player and discharged their weapon by mistake. I can say from personal experience that this happens quite often, seeing a Marine with their weapon out and misclick fire towards someone. Though the consequences would be left for the MPs to handle due to it being an IC problem now.

If the intent was to kill, I'd check any prior notes of the player before sending them PMs explaining the problem before noting about their actions.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Since I do not have the Yautja WL (at this time), I wouldn't be able to do much but recommend the player does a Player Report on said Predator, providing the users ckey so they can follow the necessary steps on forums.

I'd also PM the WL user themselves, not to do staff actions, but let them know they're being PR'd and should look into it once the current round is over.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If any mentors are playing the SEA role, and if they have no knowledge of this player, I would shoot them a PM guiding them to the specific location of where the newb is at.

If the SEA is unavailable, then I would focus on having a specific shipside role, like the MPs, to help out the player wandering aimlessly in the Almayer. I can say for myself this happened to me and I had a blast teaching the new player how the game works.

At any point the options above are unavailable, I'd ask the player through PMs if they would like help, if so then spawn in the game as SEA myself.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Judging from the wiki rules, this would fall under Rule .2 Staff Powers. Following this ruling, if the player is continuing the escalation then further authority would have to be used on said player, as well as informing them if I made an error or such, they can create a Staff Report in the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    The name is not allowed due to referencing someone out in the real world, which then I would PM the player, saying they cannot have the name and giving them a random name for the duration of the round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would consider this more of an IC issue due to MTs being a mixed bag type of role. They could be roleplaying as insane for all I know and the MPs would have to deal with them.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would check the survivor's note history, seeing if this has been a repeated offense, otherwise I would take actions that'd result to noting and explaining in PMs that Hostile survivors are not allowed unless they're CLF or an event is running that involves Hostile Survivors.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Knowing for a fact that theft is not a perma-type offense, investigation would be require, PMing the arresting MP for questioning why they used perma confinement. If the player has committed capital crimes, permanent is allowed. Committing assault, trespassing, theft, those are not capital crimes, which does not require perma cells. If the MP is in the wrong, then I would correct them and request that the player be moved to normal confinement, leaving the timer running due to the inability to change cell timers.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would attempt to use IC messages to urge both sides to continue fighting each other, despite whatever their fears are. For the Marines, using ARES and make a "assessment" that Xenomorph numbers are dwindling, further action required to purge them. Xenomorphs, using the QM announcement saying "My children, victory is within your grasp, fight for your lives and seek victory against these pathetic tall hosts"

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I'm playing the game, I wouldn't be able to handle the issue as Staff so there would have to be a ahelp report on the player, stating they're purposely overdosing marines. Also as medic, I would focus on getting the OD'd marines away from the fight to treat them properly.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The CLF and Marines are meant to be hostile against each other, so this would be considered an IC issue and not EORG.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This would be considered an IC issue because they aren't exactly committing actions that would involve staff involvement, however I could use ARES to announce to the current round MPs that there is a Marine, _ _, committing actions that involve law enforcement.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This would require PMing the shooter, telling them that they can't just escalate to shooting people due to getting punched. As well as checking note logs on both parties to see if either have history. Otherwise aheal the murdered Marine and let MPs handle the shooter, letting the game continue as IC issues.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    This would require MOOC stating they cannot continue the mutiny due to it being improperly created and if they are to continue, there will be bans occurring.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would investigate the conversation and notify, if needed, that direct, targeted racism is not allowed, noting the accused if they continue to call players slurs.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    The griefer would be instant banned, notifying they can appeal on forums if they ever turn up on the game again. As well as issuing Aheals to ensure the round proceeds smoothly.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Depending on their note history, new player then I would PM them, informing that it's wise to stay within the hive until ready to evolve. If they're not new, then I would PM and note the player for this.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Following the Wiki rules, Rule 2, the Xenos doing such is not allowed and would result in notes for LRP, further action would be required if they continue the behavior.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It is not LRP for Xenomorphs to know what the dropship is called, it's more LRP to call it a bird. Looking at the Wiki rules, subcategory under the Xenomorph page, the Hivemind knows of the Marine threat at round start, and they know they will send down dropships eventually.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    A few times there are times when Colonists send faxes up to the Almayer stating Xenomorphs are on the colony. Unless there's an IC reason why they're saying Xenomorphs are below, Marines DO NOT know Xenos are on the colony and the command staff player would be notified in PMs afterwards.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This would require investigation on both parties to determine if this is an IC issue or blatantly shooting someone just to get a spot. Roleplay standards allow this sort of thing to occur IF there were prior talk between said players. If that wasn't the case and said shooter was doing so, after holding out, then notes would be given out to the accused to handle the subject in a roleplay fashion next time.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Staff disrespect is not tolerable, in this case I would tell the person in PMs to chill, further escalation would result in noting their behavior and possibly a ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This would be more of an IC issue and I would be unable to help them out. Unless the entire server suffers an SSD wave, one person cannot be given special treatment.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would give them a heads up with a PM, suggesting they could handle it "this way". I'm unsure if this would be a minor or major problem, if things escalate I would seek upper management for advice and/or involvement.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    It all comes down to how Staff interpret the rulings. As stated in the Wiki, Staff powers Rule .1, "the final decision rests solely on the staff member conducting the investigation". I personally would view the argument and take my own mental notes because both members can be wrong and corrected by management.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a Moderator because I just tend to like helping others out, whether it'd be to help moving furniture or helping out in community events, it's just how I am and after becoming a Discord Volunteer, it has been my plan TO become a moderator for CM13 because I feel I'm well acquainted to know I'm ready to take on further responsibility.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience, patience has to be one of the most important qualities anyone in a staff team requires because getting stressed and causing problems amongst the community will eventually lead to the fall. I can't stress it enough to explain how patience is required when dealing with one person, or an entire group.

Anything else you want to add?
    I'm gonna need a lot of help if my application is accepted.

Also I'll try my best to be active when others are not but it may not be the case when it comes to my own work schedule and outside life issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You put alot of effort into the Application and might have a problem here or there but that can be fixed with Experience and Training here is my +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant say whats already been said, good answers here and good attitude, everything you dont know will be covered in training +1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You answer the questions. Simple as. Your answers are good. Now for my question. Do you believe that you will be able to manage the ability to moderate the discord server and the main server at the same time? I say this because a lot of the team that manage the discord aren't seen that much on my part. Plus we don't want you working your hands to the bone moderating. Other than that you get the cut. Do us proud I guess. I don't know. +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust your skills in moderation, due to you being able to manage discord very well (keep up the good work) However I do agree with Vagabond... Will you be able to multitask? Moderation for CM in game is significantly harder than discord. I have seen you around quite a lot, so I do trust that you have a decent amount of time in game, and know the rules pretty well. However I don't ever really see you playing roles that involve knowledge of marine law... (your answers are fine about them though so no worries!) Your notes are extremely clean so I see no reasons whatsoever not to give this a +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer the question about multi-tasking moderation within the game and Discord. I have no clue how y'all handle "shifts" for moderating or if its join in to do so. Anyways, I'm confident I can handle Discord moderation and ingame moderation, seeing how first hand experience of Discord moderation is quite easy to do and it helps I'm not alone, I like to say "there's no i in team".

Handling Military Law, checked my hours as of now and total MP is over 100 hours but I ain't saying I'm an expert, I tend to have the wiki page of ML up as a refresher for more specific arrests that occur. Example being the sub category of FtFP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBiggest View Post
    Handling Military Law, checked my hours as of now and total MP is over 100 hours but I ain't saying I'm an expert, I tend to have the wiki page of ML up as a refresher for more specific arrests that occur. Example being the sub category of FtFP.
    I'm sure if Ito gets you you'll learn quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hey! How are you?

I'm gonna ask some absolutely odd thing here to get to know your mindset better.

So, tell me, what do you feel about the current state of the comunity at large?
    And a small wild card here, what about the state of the CO's WL too?
    Respond absolutely freely, this is just a way I found to hear a bit about yours thoughts, and see how you write. I'll try to keep an eye out for you to get a objective sight of your thought processes too!
    Have an awesome night, I'm anxious to hear from you since I saw good a pretty good response to your app!
    Mark Connor, USCMC Officer
    Mark Connor's Dossier.
    Charles Kurtz, Military Policeman

Charles Kurtz's Dossier.

Tsunamico,
    A.K.A. Ayyluska

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How I feel about the current state of the community is, in my opinion, an enjoyable experience to be with. Sure there's some oddballs here and there but everyone is different in their own, good way. At the moment, with the new Overseer and the constant "riots" that happen are very understandable. I believe having precise communication with the players and better transparency would overall improve said community. No system is perfect but I believe better communication is key to improving the overall community's feelings towards staff.

I don't have too many opinions on the CO WL, I guess it's alright, Councilors are legit and it's a bummer how new COs only play for a month before getting burnt of the role. Overall it's fine, Synth WL is 1000000% better anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, firm, and well formed opinions. My veredict is to come soon!
    Mark Connor, USCMC Officer
    Mark Connor's Dossier.
    Charles Kurtz, Military Policeman

Charles Kurtz's Dossier.

Tsunamico,
    A.K.A. Ayyluska