Their BYOND Key
    Ben11567
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4pm CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    4th of July event.

Ben11567 ran an event where the Queen of England seizes control the USCM Alamayer. It was a fairly goofy, LRP and at first a harmless event. It QUICKLY escalated into a shit show after MARSOC are spawned and used as antagonists to marines. Yes, you read that correctly. MARSOC, United States Marine Forces Special Operations Command, a branch of SOCOM, are used as antagonists to the marines.

As you may imagine, MARSOC proceeded to kill dozens and dozens of marines, interrupting the flow of the round. This ended the round for many players despite medics, doctors and other skilled ship side crew that possessed high enough medical skills saving as many marines as possible. I managed to survive. In character, I held fire as I recognized the MARSOC as friendly forces, like many other marines, resulting in our deaths.

CLF or Freelancers could have been used instead of MARSOC. Hired mercenaries would have made way more sense than a marine force being used against marines.

This took a LRP, minor event to levels of absurdity I haven't seen since Ravengers were being used in events. Had there been some sort of custom event info this event may have been somewhat excusable as the players would have been aware that MARSOC were in-fact, "royal guard stand ins". There are absolutely times when OOC information needs to be shared with players so they can act accordingly IC and this was one of them.

Events like this make it very difficult for me to enjoy SS13-CM as a medium role play server when it very much plays like a low role play server.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    I'd like Ben11567 to be more aware of how choices when running an event can have a major negative impact on rounds. We have Custom Event Info for a reason, a head staff member that runs events should be more than aware of its function and use.

I know this is asking a lot but having more descriptive and informative protocols and procedures for running events would be wonderful. The precedents in place are obviously not enough guidance for staff to run events if a headmanager can run an event of such poor quality.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I've already spoken to Jamie about this but I'll put my thoughts here for public viewing. As you said the event involved the queen of England arriving on the Almayer to celebrate the 4th of July, with marines under the impression it was going to be an American representative. Later in the round the queen attempted to buy the ship from the captain however that request was denied. The queen then called for addtional backup and the captain ordered some marines to return shipside to help arrest the queen.

At this point in the round there were 6 xenos left so I decided it would be fine to escalate the round into something more major and spawned 6 marsoc operatives (as well as the two guards already with the queen). The marsoc took the CiC and managed to capture a hostage, after a gunfight that ended with marine deaths I ordered the surviving marsoc to take the queen and flee the ship as the xenos had managed to slightly recover and the round was starting to be disrupted. The queen left the Almayer and a PMC squad was sent in to help boost the marine numbers after the firefight in the CiC and the marines managed to win shortly after.

I admit that sending in the marsoc was a mistake, it disrupted the round flow allowing xenos to recover their numbers while more marines returned shipside. The reason marsoc were used was because we currently have no sprites for the TWE and the queen is meant to have an elite force guarding her. It was made clear in announcements from the captain that the marsoc were hostile.

Overall while some people did still enjoy the event the marsoc attack on the CiC was a disruption to the round balance that caused people to die permananetly when they otherwise could have played until the round end.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to me just recently having moved, and leaving my PC with a friend since he had some hardware of mine, I will not be able to look into this until I have my computer set up at my new place.

I should be able to give this a proper reply somewhere in around a week or two.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update, this hasn't been forgotten but Jamie is the middle of moving and his PC was fried.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie has a bunch of stuff going on and this report sat long enough. Ben admits he made some mistakes, but his intentions were to keep things going. He forgot however how powerful the MARSOC marines are. I think moving forward the best course of action is management come up with a plan about certain mobs and how/when they should be used (Abominations/MARSOC) by staff and write it down. We've had plenty of internal policies on not to use abominations, and I think we will write something up to add to the event policies.

Managers nor I can discipline ben, but I think at the most Jamie would just verbally warn him for the issue anyway.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids