Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viperious - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Viperious

Player Name You Use Most?
    Felix 'Kitty' Heathrow

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...215467#p215467 Failed CO Application August 2018

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view the BE as a tool to be used at the Captains discretion to handle immediate situations that affect the OP and in some cases, to nip the bud early of potential situations later on in the round. For example taking note of marines planning to mutiny, or disrupt operations enough to be of concern. A general Execution is used as a more formal and organised method of removing problem soldiers, while a Battlefield execution is meant to be used on the spot at the Captain's discretion.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Felix's motto is 'Efficiency over speed'. If something needs to be done, it needs to be done right and not rushed. Now with that being said, Felix is by no means going to delay an immediate response to an emergency situation at the cost of lives and equipment.

For example, COs will often find SOs overriding their orders, which can obviously be justified as the CO doesn't always have the same amount of information an SO has in the middle of an OP. However, malicious intent, or questionning the COs capabilities publicly to the squad that they are overwatching will not be tollerated. In this event, Felix will address the SO in question, and depending on the severity of the infractions, extreme measures may be taken. The SO will receive a warning, and if they fail to adhere to this warning, they will receive immediate imprisonment, and if the situation calls for it, immediate execution.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Commanders role is two-fold. To oversee the crew of the ship and to oversee the operation on the ground. Ofcourse there are many other tasks that may or may not fall upon the CO during an operation depending on the situation, but at the core, the CO must ensure that everything goes well. Again, with that being said, Felix is very well aware that there are departments of the crew designated to handle a majority of the tasks that the Almayer requiress for it's effective running, but if he sees someone not upholding his duty, his will not hesitate to take action and to make sure that things return to the way they should be.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As a player, I believe the CO should have the ability to assign marines to a special squad. Similar to how SLs can examine marines and assign them to a fireteam, the CO should be able to examine a marine and assign him/her to a form of JTAC (if not JTAC itself). This would allow those marines to better coordinate themselves with a change in armour colour, access to JTAC comms an no assigned squad leader so the CO has direct control over a single squad that act independantly of all other squads.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    As a CO I believe I could contribute a combination of my months of experience in command roles, with my years of experience role playing on multiple games and websites and just general desire to give other players a fun round to play through. I don't think I need anymore explaining then that, but if you need more, I can try and add to it.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    In the year 2176, a Fledgling marine by the name of Felix Heathrow joined the Colonial marines to help his family with their constant economic instability. Felix had spent most of his early life playing through battle simulations, watching old war movies like the classic Battle Los Angeles and reading strategy books like the Art of War, so to say that Felix did not know war was to say that you did not know Felix.

Felix worked his way up to the rank of a non-commissioned officer after 3 year of being a squad member and was finally given a squad of his own to command. Once he had built a connection with his squad, he quickly showed aptitude for leadership to his Commanding officer.

Through multiple operations, Felix successfuly led his squad in flanking missions to attack the enemy from blind spots and weakly defended locations in line with other forces to cripple the enemy. His high success rate and low casualties for his squad earned him the nickname 'Pounce' and after 3 more years of leading his squad in operation after operation, he recieved a battlefield commission due to the lives lost during the operation and the need for quick replacements and progressed to the rank of Ensign.

It became quickly apparent that he was not suited for data collection, and after only 2 operations as Ensign, he was sent to an academy to complete officer training, to become a permanent commissioned officer. Upon his return to the Almayer, he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant, allowing for him to take a more active role in commanding squads.

His leadership began to rub off on the Squad Leaders that he oversaw during operations and overall casualty rates continued to decline. Seeing his ability to improve the abilities of those underneath him, as well as his efficiency with delegating tasks amongst his subordinates, the Commanding Officer did not take long to promote Felix to Executive Officer following the retirement of the previous XO.

In the Year 2185, at 27 years of age with only 9 years in the Marines, Executive Officer Heathrow was proud with how far both he and the men underneath him had come. However, on one faitful day, during the planned inspection of their Admiral, the ship was attacked by a large force of CLF Insurgents, trying to take the ship for themselves to use against the Colonial Marines. During the battle, many of Felix's subordinates lost their lives, as well as the Commanding Officer himself. The Admiral, seeing Felix's leadership during the darkest moments of the battle, took no time in field promoting him to Commanding Officer of the Almayer.

Now, in 2186, Felix 'Pounce' Heathrow finds himself as the Commanding Officer of the USCM Almayer, with a crew filled with familiar faces that he's bled with, and new faces that have replaced those lost souls, and now he's ready to take the fight back to those that would harm those he wishes to protect.
    Last edited by Viperious; 03-05-2019 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelled my name incorrectly like a dumbass. Also added a little to the story regarding going from NCO to CO

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before anyone comments on it. I'll be replacing the nickname "Kitty" with "Pounce" since I chose Kitty to go with a shtick for the character that was quickly bwoinked. Additionaly, I will no longer be doing my "I suppose" shtick while playing in ANY Command role.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my god he oh my no please -1
    hello im dondale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dont fixes it viperious be gone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good app, and I haven't seen how bad you supposedly are in-game.

I'm willing to +1 if I see you do well in an SO/XO role. See you on the field. o7

Edit: Also I can't believe ya'll are complaining about "I suppose" when we have a WL'd CO who plays a dumb Japanese caricature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.

I'm gonna post what you've got for you and what you don't have for you in your favour.

Cons:
    -Despite the nickname change, the character is already knzown as a meme with the ''nya'' bullshit.

-Your reputation of always asking for medals and to ett noticed also irks me a bit, not a fan of that.

Pros:

-App is good, really well written

-You CAN command and do tactics and shit, briefings and all of that jazz.

I'm neutral on this, to be honest. If you changed to a completely new character with a properly well though quirk, I'd have +1 this but your character is the killer for me
    despite you dropping the meme completely, everyone stills kknows that character for the memes it has done which are lowrp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, if it will improve my chances, I would be willing to create a new character that maintains the body of what Felix stands for, but isn't attached to any of the memes I've tried over the last 2 weeks with the current Character. In the event that the Application gets approved.
    Last edited by Viperious; 03-05-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is someone I'd enjoy stealing the last escape pod from. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I am willing to see as a CO. You might be a little "meme" like Christine said but I am willing to accept this as long as I DON'T SEE any of that crap whilst you are playing XO or any other command role. You are held to a standard in terms of RP in command roles and I better not start hearing about you acting up out of RP and doing that "meme" stuff in a command role.
    Neutral for now if I hear any of the things that I stated previously whilst you were in a command role I'm not handin' over that +1. I don't care that much about MEMES in a squad role as long as it isn't affecting the game in a negative way for the marines or breaking any rules.
    Last edited by BatteryBan; 03-05-2019 at 07:14 AM. Reason: forgot some words

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryBan View Post
    Honestly, I am willing to see as a CO. You might be a little "meme" like Christine said but I am willing to accept this as long as I DON'T SEE any of that crap whilst you are playing XO or any other command role. You are held to a standard in terms of RP in command roles and I better not start hearing about you acting up out of RP and doing that "meme" stuff in a command role.
    Neutral for now if I hear any of the things that I stated previously whilst you were in a command role I'm not handin' over that +1. I don't care that much about MEMES in a squad role as long as it isn't affecting the game in a negative way for the marines or breaking any rules.
    Yeah, I was already losing interest with the I suppose thing. As you may have noticed, as the round goes on, I do it less and less.