User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Viperious - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viperious, my personal suggestion is to stick with your character but play him competently and with good RP from now on. I know a lot of COs feel that incoming COs should be exemplary, but we tend to overlook some really memey players in our ranks, and I'm not talking about Carson.

I haven't seen you yet in an SO/XO role, but if I do see you and you're doing well, as I've mentioned in my post above, that's a +1 from me.

And Gabo's got the most level-headed take on this, I think. Really not a fan of the zero effort -1's, although it may be well-deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The function of the whitelist application is to act as a sort of filter for people who are untrustworthy, or just poor players of the game. It is expressly asking for permission from the staff, developers, and community for the privilege of playing a role with high responsibility, not only for your ability to handle yourself, but other players of the game.

You fundamentally cannot be trusted to function positively with anyone who disagrees with you, and your trust with our Discord server is tenuous at best, but I'm not going to get into the details of this. Based on these principles, I have to give you nothing more than a resounding -1.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    The function of the whitelist application is to act as a sort of filter for people who are untrustworthy, or just poor players of the game. It is expressly asking for permission from the staff, developers, and community for the privilege of playing a role with high responsibility, not only for your ability to handle yourself, but other players of the game.

You fundamentally cannot be trusted to function positively with anyone who disagrees with you, and your trust with our Discord server is tenuous at best, but I'm not going to get into the details of this. Based on these principles, I have to give you nothing more than a resounding -1.
    I believe I was told that it would be down to the quality of the application and not my individual relationships with Discord staff, (which might I add has not been visibly strained since my return) would be taken into account. Also I don't understand why you think I fundamentaly can't work properly with those who disagree with me when I've stated in my application that I understand that SOs will have more accurate information regarding squad movements and engagements, and therefore may make a more informed decission over my own orders as commanding officer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post

You fundamentally cannot be trusted to function positively with anyone who disagrees with you, and your trust with our Discord server is tenuous at best, but I'm not going to get into the details of this.
    This, but I believe you can shape up and stop being obnoxious somehow. +1
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m willing to give em a chance. Though fuck it up and you probably won�t get removed cuz we have members already who do dumb stuff. In any case
    +1 good luck convincing others and don�t do memey shit.

This has been changed to a -1. Please refer to it on page 9 of the replies.
    Last edited by Aceluke; 03-09-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to point out that officer ranks do not come after enlisted ranks. Your character's backstory of becoming an NCO and then an ensign towards becoming a captain makes no sense. Officer ranks have a seperate method of application and entry to enlisted ranks via the process of commissioning, done by attending an officer's college and gaining the correct qualifications.
    The only way for this story to be possible would be if your character was a Mustang, the term used for enlisted who leave and go through the process of commissioning, but even then Mustangs do not ever see the rank of Ensign as they tend to be commissioned as a higher rank. Even then still, this would make your character incredibly old at the rank of Captain.

Overall a -1 from me for this silly mistake

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teafortwo View Post
    This is a good app, and I haven't seen how bad you supposedly are in-game.

I'm willing to +1 if I see you do well in an SO/XO role. See you on the field. o7

Edit: Also I can't believe ya'll are complaining about "I suppose" when we have a WL'd CO who plays a dumb Japanese caricature.
    I tried to use Katashari Juro as justification for my Nya thing, but they weren't having any of it. Even got a note for it lol

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm ill echo driedmilks pros and cons list.

My personal experiences with you IC have shown that you can run CiC, hold brief and are good enough at RP, I think with a bit of ironing IC with your COs character/personality that comes with time you could show good potential. +1 and good luck lad
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    I just want to point out that officer ranks do not come after enlisted ranks. Your character's backstory of becoming an NCO and then an ensign towards becoming a captain makes no sense. Officer ranks have a seperate method of application and entry to enlisted ranks via the process of commissioning, done by attending an officer's college and gaining the correct qualifications.
    The only way for this story to be possible would be if your character was a Mustang, the term used for enlisted who leave and go through the process of commissioning, but even then Mustangs do not ever see the rank of Ensign as they tend to be commissioned as a higher rank. Even then still, this would make your character incredibly old at the rank of Captain.

Overall a -1 from me for this silly mistake
    I'm from the UK and my understanding of how rank progression works is from my time in the Army Cadets. As far as I know it goes PVT, PFC, LCPL, CPL,(Entering NCO territory) SGT, SSGT, and then Warrant Officer is the first Commissioned Rank. Again this is all from when I was in the army cadets at 15 years of age.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    I'm from the UK and my understanding of how rank progression works is from my time in the Army Cadets. As far as I know it goes PVT, PFC, LCPL, CPL,(Entering NCO territory) SGT, SSGT, and then Warrant Officer is the first Commissioned Rank. Again this is all from when I was in the army cadets at 15 years of age.
    From a quick google search, my progression seems to be correct in the US military as well, though CM skips out stuff like GunerySGT and 1stSGT and doesn't have ENSIGN at all in the rank structure, but in the Navy ENSIGN is the lowest commissioned rank.

So again, I don't see my mistake here.