User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viperious - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking as a discord Mod. Viperious has had zero infractions since being unbanned. Personally I have also had no negative interactions with them in game, aside from seeing the 'Nya' incident. Other than that small thing I'd be fine with seeing them on the CO whitelist.
    Last edited by x31stOverlord; 03-05-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for my last point on this, I was simply going by the ranking system used in Colonial Marines. Not the way the military works in real life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not go from enlisted to officer by ranking up, it don't work like that chief, while the ranks might be in that order the method of acquisition is different

I don't really have much trust in you as a whole, the felix bullshit and how you couldn't see that an XO saying "nya" every sentence is LRP solidifies my stance on you not being trustworthy enough for any whitelist right now.

Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go ahead and give my personal opinion.

First of all the pros:

- You seem to have learned from your mistakes and decide to change your Delamoure character that was that much hated with a very poor reputation which shows a nice mentality evolution

- The App itself is good, well written and even if the answers aren't fitting my personal views, they are better than others apps. For the story I would say it is OK.

Then for the cons:

- I'll be honest, the only interactions I had with Felix were neutral to bad. The Nya thing is ridiculous and LRP. I had no great moment with your character, as SO, XO or any other roles in terms of roleplay.

- You seems to be a bit too much meme even if you have fairly improved on this point

- I'll go back on the story and your CO overview: A few mistakes in terms of how the army in general works (ex: passing from entlisted to officer, going from SSGT to CPT in just 9 years) but not that much. However, I don't see anything that makes your CO special. We can only see that he wants to be 'Effective', he got 'Leadership skills' which isn't exceptional in itself, and I would say is the minimum for any CO character.

For now I'll stick to neutral and give you a few questions:

EDIT: Voting for a +1

EDIT 2: Passing to -1, Discord OOC attitude

1) You have a fully staffed CIC (4 SOs, XO and yourself). How do you assign each of them and yourself?

2) Your leadership failed you, the Hive just crushed two of your squads by a flanking manoeuver and so you are facing a Delta mutiny because 'Unga the Command is so bad and they abandoned us'. What will Felix do?

3) Two marines in MPs custody request a Pardon. The first one is there for a Assault, the second for Murder What will Felix do?

4) Will you deploy as Captain? If yes, in which conditions?

Keep in mind, there's no good or bad answers, I just want to see how Felix would act
    Last edited by Ventyas; 03-05-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing you DM me and a buncha other people about all this just made me give a grand total of zero shits. But just, shit the Nya thing you did for a few days bugs my ass so bad that continuing to talk to you about it and everything just ugh. Wanna blow my brains out!! (Yes this is a cry for help.)

DM's willed me into giving just enough of a shit to give a -1 over it. I didnt care before, but you made me care with all the shit in general chat with the dev and whatnot over NCO's getting commissioned. I dont even know who was right or wrong on that. I think I corrected both of you. Either way, for better or for worse I now give a shit about this. I fucking hate speech memes. I hate hard to read foreign accents, and I hate speech tics. Nya or Ta or whatever else it just frustrates me and I cant stand it. If you have a foreign character and you toss in words here or there that most English speakers will probably understand, thats cool I dig it. USCM can be mult-cultural after all. But we dont have cat people............... wait we had Charlotte for a long as time didnt we? They Nya'd and shit all the time didnt they? Or maybe it was just literally meowing. Same fucking thing. Jesus fuck this is actually smooth brain as fuck.

Fuck it. I take back my -1 Im nEuTRaL on this one now because Im not about to be a hypocrite by supporting what other players did in the recent past and getting offended out the ass over whatever it was you did. This whole argument is dumb. We let some players get away with things because theyve did it long enough in the past, and punish others to the end of the earth because they did it just a little for a little amount of time and we just never forget. Maybe this guys got other flaws but I literally dont give enough of a shit to look into what they might be because Im not council so my opinion literally doesnt matter (as if theres even does either). Either way, who gives a fuck about the nya shit. You probably should, but then again no one really cares about making our server higher rp by examining how our players talk so maybe you actually shouldnt bother caring either. Might save you some brain cells.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatillon View Post
    I'll go ahead and give my personal opinion.

First of all the pros:

- You seem to have learned from your mistakes and decide to change your Delamoure character that was that much hated with a very poor reputation which shows a nice mentality evolution

- The App itself is good, well written and even if the answers aren't fitting my personal views, they are better than others apps. For the story I would say it is OK.

Then for the cons:

- I'll be honest, the only interactions I had with Felix were neutral to bad. The Nya thing is ridiculous and LRP. I had no great moment with your character, as SO, XO or any other roles in terms of roleplay.

- You seems to be a bit too much meme even if you have fairly improved on this point

- I'll go back on the story and your CO overview: A few mistakes in terms of how the army in general works (ex: passing from entlisted to officer, going from SSGT to CPT in just 9 years) but not that much. However, I don't see anything that makes your CO special. We can only see that he wants to be 'Effective', he got 'Leadership skills' which isn't exceptional in itself, and I would say is the minimum for any CO character.

For now I'll stick to neutral and give you a few questions:

1) You have a fully staffed CIC (4 SOs, XO and yourself). How do you assign each of them and yourself?

2) Your leadership failed you, the Hive just crushed two of your squads by a flanking manoeuver and so you are facing a Delta mutiny because 'Unga the Command is so bad and they abandoned us'. What will Felix do?

3) Two marines in MPs custody request a Pardon. The first one is there for a Assault, the second for Murder What will Felix do?

4) Will you deploy as Captain? If yes, in which conditions?

Keep in mind, there's no good or bad answers, I just want to see how Felix would act
    1) Naturally Felix would spread them out evenly, with 1 SO on each Overwatch console. With both the CO and XO free There are a few options available, though with Felix, he would most likely remain at the primary console overviewing the tactical map and communicating with ship crew, while using the XO to communicate the with the SOs to provide up-to-date and regular information on the battlefield at any moment.

2) Felix would understand that with the sudden loss of 2 entire squads and with Delta on mutiny, any chance for success in the operation are all but gone. Felix would order all remaining troops back to LZ1 for prompt evecuation, all shipside marines would deploy for the final drop and assist in defending the FOB for long enough to pull out the remaining marines (both dead and wounded) as well as any equipment that can be salvaged. To deal with the Mutiny following evacuation, Felix would call an immediate debrief with a heavy MP precense to subdue any attempts to Mutiny. If said attempts fail, Felix would gain the support of the other remaining squad marines and would subdue the would be mutiniers and either detain, or Battlefield Execute the leaders of said group.

3) I don't see why Felix would pardon marines that have committed crimes and serving there sentences, unless it was due to extreme circumstances like the Alamo being hijacked. I could see him pardoning the assualt charge depending on how long he had already been imprisoned for and the reason for said assault.

4) Felix would most likely only deploy in the situation that the CiC is fully staffed, he's completely confident in the abilities of each Command staff AND it's in preperation for a big push or last stand on the ground, and there is enough time to deploy in the first place.
    Last edited by Viperious; 03-05-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going out on a limb here and i will stand with you, i like you as a player, i have seen you roleplay well as XO. I know you can uphold the role. And I believe you will.
    You say you will cut the kitty name and the Nya shit and i believe you my friend.

My character a Commodore in the Corps is a 35 year old Mustang infantry Marine, this whole age thing literally WASNT an issue until you made an app? I dont think so.
    Im going to give you a

+1

Dont let me down my friend.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people are a bit upset that you chose the age of your character, and while I will not fault you for not knowing everything about the military. I would like it you perhaps ever had to write another story for another whitelist that you research and make it a bit more realistic.

But I got a few questions for you and if you answer them well I may give you a +1.

1. You've woken up and the SO and XO have no idea what their doing and the Marines are in dire need of leadership, the op is falling apart and your XO is doing nothing. What do you do?

2. A CMP and MP are arresting a doctor for a minor crime while the planet has just evacuated. But they are arguing with you that you don't have the right to change their timer or marine law. What do you do for that Doctor and how do you deal with the MPs?

3. Requisitions has no staff, Engineering has no Staff and there are no Pilots. Its just you, a Synthetic, and a SO. What do you do?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    A lot of people are a bit upset that you chose the age of your character, and while I will not fault you for not knowing everything about the military. I would like it you perhaps ever had to write another story for another whitelist that you research and make it a bit more realistic.

But I got a few questions for you and if you answer them well I may give you a +1.

1. You've woken up and the SO and XO have no idea what their doing and the Marines are in dire need of leadership, the op is falling apart and your XO is doing nothing. What do you do?

2. A CMP and MP are arresting a doctor for a minor crime while the planet has just evacuated. But they are arguing with you that you don't have the right to change their timer or marine law. What do you do for that Doctor and how do you deal with the MPs?

3. Requisitions has no staff, Engineering has no Staff and there are no Pilots. Its just you, a Synthetic, and a SO. What do you do?
    1. It will take me a moment after waking up to understand the situation, though I'm sure that the moment I appear in the chat log, people will report that the operation is FUBAR and the command staff is useless. Without access to battlefield information, I cannot make an immediate inform decission, so while I make my way to the CiC, I will ask squad leaders and TCs for a basic run down of the current situation, squad positions and their strength. Once I make it to the CiC, I would have the XO and SO run both 2 overwatch stations each while I determine the best course of action, which most likely be a general retreat of all squads to the nearest fortified position, most likely being the FOB. Once the marines are all together and no longer being slaughtered on their, I can diserne whether or not the operation can be salvaged. If not, then I will order a slow evac, allowing for as many supplies and bodies to be brought on the Alamo before the marines completely pull out, which will preferably happen when the FOB appears to be breaking. On the other hand, I will send the strongest squad out to secure a nearby strategic location (think Big Red Medbay) with the other squads nearby in reserve to assist and will guage the enemy resistance. Regarding the staff, you can't punish someone for being stupid, unless it is evident that they have neglected their duty, then it will be an MP situation.

2. This is quite simple as being the CO would simply allow me to pardon the doctor for his minor crime if I think it's the most beneficial decission for the operation as a whole. Ofcourse the CMP or acting CMP could appeal my decision with a Fax to High Commond, but that in and of itself just opens up more RP routes to take.

3. Another simple one. Based on the abilities of each role, the SO would run the Alamo via the console in the CiC until a PO wakes up. The Synth with their engineering ability will handle Engineering, and I with all access will handle req. Ofcourse I could update the SOs ID to give them Req access, but this would take longer to set up, which isn't preferable, and once the Synth is finished with engineering, they could assist me with Req duties and take over Req post briefing until an RO or CT wakes up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 03-05-2019 at 03:23 PM.