0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SeedyJatz - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    SeedyJatz

What is your discord username and handle?
    Speedyboi#2967

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC+10

Player Name You Use Most?
    A.J. Acosta

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    //showthrea...or-Application | Mentor (accepted)
    //showthrea...ic-Application | synth list (denied
    //showthrea...or-Application | mentor (denied)
    //showthrea...ja-Application | yautja list (withdrawn)

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    no

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    CMP(Chief Military police) Job is to Uphold marine law ship side and command MPs as well they can help with command if needed

RO(requestions Office) Job is to Equip and supply the marines with everything they need for the operation and to command CTs around

CMO(Chief medical office) Job is to supply the marines with healing and medical equipment as well to watchover research and do chemicals for marines and medics

CE(Chief Engineering)Job is to fix the ship reload OB set AA sometimes and to watch over MTs and OTs as well helping with command if needed

XO(Executive officer)Job is to be your sidekick as CO there job is to watch over the marines and to give out commands

SO(staff officer)Job is to split up the Job of XO and command squads as well as letting XO have less of a work load

SEA(senior Enlisted advisor)Job is to set up and teach new boots for command to throw at the bad guy (it works 50% of the time)

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    41 hours maybe 50 before the time played thing (XO)
    10 hours maybe 20+ before the time (SO)
    84 hours (SEA) around half was me helping command

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    18 maybe around 25 or so before time played (SL)
    56 hours (RTO)

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    He believed he could command many marines to victory The corps is a life Made for him the corps IS his life he is willing to Die for the betterment of the Corps

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    Years of work within the marine corps he was almost born into the role, but the path was hard with bumps left and right as he made his way to the Top, He took the hard way no short cuts getting high respect within the corps

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    #1 Its round start and a Spec Has broken a window to get something like a power cell or a crowbar I would give them a pardon as they are a Key player of the game and for a small crime that can be fixed in 3 or so clicks I think it is fine

#2 now If it was mid round or start round and a Marine has be charged with manslaughter or murder or Assault or Cruelty to Animals wouldn't pardon them as this is a HEAVY crime and should be punished as they are Major crime under marine law

#3 we are low on doctors and one doctor has shot a door down(somehow got a gun) I would pardon take the weapon off them and be on my way

#4 a marine has broken into req and medical engi many times this should be punished as they Know what they are doing but don't stop doing it I wouldn't pardon

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    #1 Someone trying to kill me or a marine for no reason I would BE

#2 a Marine has calling for a mutiny and has started to shoot/hurt MPs that I have sent to arrests him I would also try to reason with them if they don't calm down or start to Get more marines involved I would BE them

#3 has be nothing but a threat to the operation (taking FOB Mats and not using them , leaving cades open ,blowing up a wall for Xeons to flank as well they don't listen to Command) and has purposely been a threat I would send MPs first but I'm guessing this is planet side i would BE them unless it was ship side then jail

#4 I wouldn't BE a marine for Miss firing and hitting me or a marine as they were aiming for the bad guys and not Actively shotting marines

#5 I wouldn't BE a Spec for shotting a sadar AP into a marines (if the sadar said CLEAR and was going to fire at a t3 or queen I believe it would be the dumbly marines fault for getting in the way) I would tell the sadar off but I wouldn't BE one of the main players of the game

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes
    Last edited by SeedyJatz; 07-12-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say you have 40-50 hours as XO before time tracking was implemented? How much have you had since then, if you’ve even played XO at all since then? When was the last time you played XO?
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man Im glad you’re interested in becoming a CO, but you should really have the council look over your app prior to submitting it. Your pardon and BE answers are not good.

“I wouldn’t pardon a marine who committed murder because it’s is a heavy crime... they are a major crime under ML” No you can’t pardon a marine for murder because it’s a capital crime.

Additionally, the first pardon reason is near sighted because specs should not get deferential treatment, and it opens you up to retribution due to someone who breaks ML intentionally is likely to do it again.

Pardon answer 3 is weak too.

Finally these are suppose to be situations where you WOULD pardon not where you would not, it is assumed you wouldn’t pardon a murderer because you said it yourself when you answered yes to did you read the code of conduct. This point is also applicable to your BE answers.

BE answer #1 is generic.

BE answer #2 is essentially the same situation as #1.

BE answer #3 is again extremely similar to 1 and 2.

There are plenty of valid BE reasons that aren’t some dude is murdering someone or otherwise super griefing. Any usurpation of your command is a BE reason, for instance. it doesn’t have to be someone killing you or another marine. I will wait for others before announcing my final opinion, but it’s a great -1 at this point in time.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    You say you have 40-50 hours as XO before time tracking was implemented? How much have you had since then, if you’ve even played XO at all since then? When was the last time you played XO?
    I have 41 hours as of now but before the time I played like 10 ish hours so it's not 91 hours its around 50 in total

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be, at the very least, certified on the Discord for us to even consider the application. I recommend you say a few things on it too, so people actually know who you are outside of the game. It’s listed as a requirement on the “Applying for CO” thread. I know you’re in the Discord, but you have to be actually in it and at least using it beforehand.
    Synthetic Tara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A.J., I have to say that I am a bit disappointed because I see you as a standup member of the community. I don't like to be a mirror and reflect what people are already saying, but your application is very weak. Your answers to the application questions don't make me confident that you took the time to develop your knowledge and understanding to handle the complex situations that a Commanding Officer may encounter. Your grammar in your application is also poor and it doesn't portray that you'd be able to respond efficiently in a manner that marines could understand.

Overall, I'm going to -1 this application. I'd like you understand though that nobody is here to kick you in the gut about your application. I heavily suggest that you reapply if you are denied, but not before reaching out to other whitelisted Commanding Officers and the WL Council as well for suggestions about developing your application.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother, you're a alright guy but this application ain't cuttin' it chief. The story itself has many errors like the grammar, your questions and answers are pretty subpar, and everything else is just not up to the standards in my opinion. -1 but you should reapply when you want like amber walsh said.
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your application has went up I haven't seen you as XO once, this could however be partially to timezones.

Your story is also filled with grammatical errors, as a CO your english needs to be clean and understandable.

Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, it’s been about two weeks already and pretty much everyone we’ve talked to hasn’t seen you as XO since this application went up. I also asked you ten days ago that you needed to be Discord certified for this application to qualify, which you haven’t done nor replied with a good alibi otherwise.

Unfortunately these — nevermind the admittedly lacking application quality itself — are grounds themselves for denial of the application. You can reapply in one month when you’ve had enough time to actually play XO while your application is up. In addition, you can reach out to Councilors or whitelisted COs for help on your application. Be sure to read the “Applying for CO” thread as well, as those contain the additional prerequisites and helpers.

Until then, this application is denied. You may reapply in 30 days on August 22, 2022.
    Synthetic Tara