1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SgtMike - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    SgtMike

What is your discord username and handle?
    SgtMike#3095

What is your timezone in UTC?
    GMT-3

Player Name You Use Most?
    Rodolfo "El Gato" Dumas

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    //showthrea...hlight=sgtmike | Commanding officer app. Accepted.

//showthrea...hlight=sgtmike
    | Moderator app. Accepted. More than a year though.

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    No.

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Fairly proficient in all command roles. Including, commanding officer. I was purged during my inactivity phase, in which I stopped playing CM for an extended period of time.

I love playing as SL, SO or XO. I believe they are the most interesting roles in the game.

I’ve also been catching up on marine law, grinding MP and warden.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    According to the new client, I have around 23hs and growing, plus 25 hours as CO.

https://i.imgur.com/Shhg2GB.png

Proof of CO/XO hours.

(XO, SO, MP, SL hours are recent).

CO senator gave me the greenlight to post my app having less than 30 hours on XO, since i have proof of past CO hours.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    I have around 17 hours on SL. It's probably one of my favorite roles to play.

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    Rodolfo Dumas, was born with the leadership trait, devoted his life to the USCM since he started OCS. Dedicated his life to learn and improve every day to fulfill his dream of becoming a commanding officer of one of the many ships owned by the USCM. Following the steps of his mentor LtCol Staffer, Dumas kept pushing himself to the limit to the day of his promotion.

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    There are theories on how did he get the promotion, one of them was to keep his mouth shut on an incident involving XX 121, others just plain say that he deserves it because of his tremendous leadership capacities, either way, it was his goal all along, devoted to the USCM, reaching the CO position was something to be expected to happen anytime.

(This is related to my CO story).

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Using my previous accepted story.

Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    Basically, most of the times it’s just common sense; but overall, it’s not a tool I would use often since most of the marines that get jailed usually deserve it.

There are a few roles that are important to the game progression and pardoning them for minor stuff is something I would, but important or not, it does not grant them immunity of doing "whatever I want because I’m a Spec/SG/SL". Also, I’d be looking for marines that are most likely not to reoffend, since i'm liable for their future crimes.

I can give a few examples on which I would pardon someone:

1- There are no nurses/docs available at medbay, the only squad medic awake decides to break into the storage room and take a few goodies, and MPs arrest him for trespassing and DTGP. I would pardon him, since he’s the only medic we have awake at that time, and he is a valuable asset for the ongoing round.

2- Marines charged with DASO against SOs, I know marines do like to joke around sometimes and people don’t know how to take jokes.

3- Engineer hacks a few consoles so marines can stock up on things for the operation, or most of the DTGPs unless it was shown as a malicious intent and said individual was just breaking stuff up for fun.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    I believe the BE’s appropriate when there is no solution to the ongoing issue at the moment, those issues can be:

1- -XO keep giving conflicting orders to marines, being confrontative to all my orders, even when he’s told to stop doing it, operation ends on marines being evacuated from the planet/station, XO tries to rally marines to mutiny in front on me, I would approach him and blow his head off.

2- - I deploy to rally marines and finish the OP, while we are pushing and gaining ground, PFC Jim throws a max cap grenade on top the marines, when it wasn’t necessary at all, killing 5-6 marines and halting the push, proceeds to laugh and tries to run away. He would be terminated on spot, because it was deemed as malicious intent to mess with the operation.

3- - While I’m strolling down medbay heading towards requisitions I see a medical researcher running around with a syringe, seeing part of the medical staff is asleep, while there are marines in need of medical attention, I hear that the researcher is actually trolling and injecting sophoric to everyone on sight, since there was no MP nearby and this player is actually doing it on purpose, I would terminate his life. (I would ahelp later on because griefing).

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for this player's experience in squad roles(including SL), command, and even some MP. They were a previously purged CO.

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya!

I've seen you a few times and so two things of advice and then some questions.

First, while MP hours aren't explicitly required for an application I would recommend you make sure to spend some extra time to make sure you're up to date on marine law. I've seen ya second guess yourself while operating on old knowledge once or twice. For what it's worth, the only reason I've seen you second guess yourself is because you are actively working on it which is good.

Second, keep in mind the job of the CIC. It is the combat information center. The entire job is making sure every person in the AO knows what they need to know and that requires consistent updates to where the front is, where it's moving, potential threats, OB, whatever. Keep that steady and firm trickle of information for those boys on the ground.

Saying that, I'm leaning heavily towards a +1. You are an old CO coming back and currently a good XO from the rounds I've seen ya.

Anyways, on to questions. Unless otherwise stated you have a full crew compliment to play with.

1. The ground situation isn't looking great. Momentum is dying down and slowly but surely you've been whittled away. You need an OB to get that final breakthrough to the hive. An MT has been yelling all round about the USCM being evil and has finally decided to seal himself into the OB room with a shotgun and refuses anyone access to load the OB. How do you move forward?

2. You are deployed and making galaxy brained command decisions on the battlefield. Your CMP informs you on the radio that your XO has been arrested for beating a wheelchair bound CL half to death. Your Chief Engineer has admirably taken the reins in the CIC and tells you that he can handle the CIC. How do you move forward?

3. It's predeployment and you're running through your usual business. Reports on the radio start coming through of your MP team arresting all the medical personnel over pills on the floor in medbay. Your medics aren't getting their snowflake chems and your entire medical team is being transported to the brig. How do you move forward?

4. You wake up late into a round and realize every officer on the Almayer has been arrested for NoD after no one responded to an appeal. How do you move forward?

5. You're in the CIC when you hear glass shatter to your north. You go to see what happened when you witness a bravo rifleman murder Jones. How do you move forward?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morrow View Post
    Heya!

I've seen you a few times and so two things of advice and then some questions.

First, while MP hours aren't explicitly required for an application I would recommend you make sure to spend some extra time to make sure you're up to date on marine law. I've seen ya second guess yourself while operating on old knowledge once or twice. For what it's worth, the only reason I've seen you second guess yourself is because you are actively working on it which is good.

Second, keep in mind the job of the CIC. It is the combat information center. The entire job is making sure every person in the AO knows what they need to know and that requires consistent updates to where the front is, where it's moving, potential threats, OB, whatever. Keep that steady and firm trickle of information for those boys on the ground.

Saying that, I'm leaning heavily towards a +1. You are an old CO coming back and currently a good XO from the rounds I've seen ya.

Anyways, on to questions. Unless otherwise stated you have a full crew compliment to play with.

1. The ground situation isn't looking great. Momentum is dying down and slowly but surely you've been whittled away. You need an OB to get that final breakthrough to the hive. An MT has been yelling all round about the USCM being evil and has finally decided to seal himself into the OB room with a shotgun and refuses anyone access to load the OB. How do you move forward?

2. You are deployed and making galaxy brained command decisions on the battlefield. Your CMP informs you on the radio that your XO has been arrested for beating a wheelchair bound CL half to death. Your Chief Engineer has admirably taken the reins in the CIC and tells you that he can handle the CIC. How do you move forward?

3. It's predeployment and you're running through your usual business. Reports on the radio start coming through of your MP team arresting all the medical personnel over pills on the floor in medbay. Your medics aren't getting their snowflake chems and your entire medical team is being transported to the brig. How do you move forward?

4. You wake up late into a round and realize every officer on the Almayer has been arrested for NoD after no one responded to an appeal. How do you move forward?

5. You're in the CIC when you hear glass shatter to your north. You go to see what happened when you witness a bravo rifleman murder Jones. How do you move forward?

Hey there, thanks for the feedback, and yes, i've been catching up with current ML, some of it changed, making it sometimes quite confusing and making me double check ML's wiki in maybe vital moments, either way, i'm really trying to work on it, since it's primordial for me to know it as CO.

Now, for the answers, i reached you through discord, so i could get a clarification on if you'd be interested in OOC handling as well.

1- First of all, this is straight up griefing, MT shoudn’t go around yelling about the USCM being evil, that’s LRP, even worst, locking himself up in the OB room. When it’s really needed for the round progression, I’d be okay with if he picked somewhere else to do his shenanigans and wanted to RP.
    I would ahelp it, since he’s disrupting the round, and self antagging (unless told otherwise by admins).

Now, to quickly resolve it IC:

Would summon the CE and MPs to head towards OB room and deal with the MT in question, MPs should be able to handle that situation easily, while delegating that would be quite simple, I cannot neglect the ongoing operation, and my orders would be to HOLD GROUND/Retreat until the OB is ready to go at it, even so, sometimes depending on the OB to win is not a good thing, I trust my marines and I’m pretty sure we could get through without it, since WE ARE PROBABLY NOT GETTING THE OB ready anytime soon. I would consider leaving the XO in charge of the CIC and go there with the MPs and CE, would try to talk him out, but if reason fails, the hammer shall be swift.

2- As funny as that might sound, I would return to ship immediately since as CO code states, even if the CE is VERY COMPETENT and able to handle CIC, if the XO is unavailable to lead CIC I must return as soon as possible, since we cannot deputize an officer to be my acting XO. May be the situation in which I can’t return shipside, IE: We are holding the FOB and it’s not safe for me to return shipside because the transport ship might be required to stay planetside for a potential EVAC, in said case, I would allow the CE as he’s the next on COC below the XO to run things until I’m able to return shipside.

3-Leaving pills on the floor goes against equipment handling procedures and it’s a clear FTFP charge. Might as well since it’s a minor crime, try to convince the MPs to give them a NJP instead of full brig time, later on, announce to the MPs about me changing the SOP on that matter to prevent that from happening again… Now, the snowflake chems aren’t really needed before the OP even starts, so. I would let my MP team go forward with the arrests, CO shouldn’t be micromanaging everything. I would consider giving a pardon to certain individuals who I would think they wouldn’t reoffend, while changing the SOP for the pills thing; I am still liable for whatever they do next.

4-Oh god… What did I walk into?
    I believe there should be only ONE person should arrested for failure to take the appeal on time, I’d find out who was the MP that arrested “everyone” and even try to talk it out with the CMP (if hes not brigged for it as well) since he SHOULD be aware of what’s going on, and should probably arrest the MP who went through with the arrests of all the officers, charging him with NoD and sedition for every officer arrested on said charges. I mean, how the hell would that escalate from a single appeal.

Also, would ahelp literally instantly when knowing what’s going on, because it’s clearly an OOC issue, MPs should know better.

5-HOW DARE HE! I would BE him on spot. Never harm Jones, sick man.

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers!

I hope to see ya as a CO again!

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen you around ICly that much, but based on your application answers and the reply to the questions here in the comments, I trust that you still have the spark to keep things running. I see you a lot more on the discord server and you definitely seem serious about retrying +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good Commander, Recently had a round with him to see for myself if he still understood CIC and Command as a whole and he didn't disappoint. +1
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wake up in the middle of an operation when you arrive at CIC, you are informed that an Intelligence Officer has decapitated the RO for lack of motion detectors IOs arrest has caused Delta to riot and refuse deployment while at the same time Alpha has been wiped due to friendly fire from an Orbital Bombardment now Charlie is minutes away from storming the CIC and taking over command what do you do in this situation?
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    You wake up in the middle of an operation when you arrive at CIC, you are informed that an Intelligence Officer has decapitated the RO for lack of motion detectors IOs arrest has caused Delta to riot and refuse deployment while at the same time Alpha has been wiped due to friendly fire from an Orbital Bombardment now Charlie is minutes away from storming the CIC and taking over command what do you do in this situation?
    Assuming the IO was dealt with already and req is manned. i would announce that anyone refusing to deploy will be marked with insubordination, and expect to be brigged, while reminding them i'm awake and i'll be taking over the OP and no more mistakes will be made. Expecting Charlie to be knocking at CIC, MPs should be already ready to handle them, i'd allow their leader to join me for a chat without MP intervention (MPs would stay out of CIC handling the rest of the posible mutineers). Within reason i would speak to said leader, and if he would still refuse to comply, he would be battlefield executed on spot, and warn the rest that there is an operation in risk to fail and that we should focus on it. With some hope and good actions, operation should go smoothly and victory would be achieved within 30 minutes to one hour.

(Previously ahelping if there was an ongoing mutiny and if it was a valid thing for them to do).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1. Then may is cool under pressure.