Date of Incident
    July 16, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Elder Runner XX-870

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    mrdadman

Accused Character Name
    Za'Kul Teer

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:00 July 16 2022

What rule(s) were broken:
    Pred rules/Honor code

Description of the incident:
    Pred killed me with plasma caster when all I did was drag a xeno corpse he had started butchering.
    For a full description, I saw a pred with a runner corpse, asked if he killed it, he ran away a bit because marines were approaching, I followed, he started butchering, I grabbed the runner and dragged a few tiles before being one shot with plasma caster.
    I don't know the pred rules very well, but while I was salting in dchat (because I felt it was bullshit to instantly die simply because I dragged a corpse) someone told me to report it. I imagine it's probably within the rules, and it's my bad for taking preds lightly instead of just ignoring them like everyone else, but I'm reporting it here just in case.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Elder Runner (XX-870) hisses, "Did you kill that runner"
    Prime Lurker (LR-168-M) is hit by the rifle bullet in the chest!
    Za'Kul Teer has grabbed Runner (XX-25) passively!
    Prime Lurker (LR-168-M) lets out a waning guttural screech, green blood bubbling from its maw.
    Hive: Prime Lurker (LR-168-M) has died at General Store!
    Hivemind, Elder Sentinel (PIN-24) (watch) hisses, 'To west engi sisters'
    PFC Mathew Hawkins shouts an inspiring cry!
    Hivemind, Leader Ancient Crusher (MOO-732) (watch) hisses, 'We should move to engineering'
    Elder Runner (BR-595-J4) is hit by the rifle bullet in the right foot!
    The Elder Runner (BR-595-J4) hisses.
    Elder Runner (BR-595-J4) pounces at the floor!
    Hivemind, Elder Lurker (IA-931-I7) (watch) hisses, 'Yikes.'
    Hivemind, Elder Sentinel (PIN-24) (watch) hisses, 'They coming from west'
    Za'Kul Teer goes back to butchering Runner (XX-25).
    Elder Runner (XX-870) has grabbed Runner (XX-25) passively!
    You grab Runner (XX-25)!
    Za'Kul Teer says, 'I did.'
    You are hit by the plasma eradicator in the left arm!

What resolution are you seeking?
    Not much, I don't want his whitelist revoked or anything. Just a warning if it does happen to be against the rules. Again, I don't know the pred rules very well and am only reporting because someone in dchat suggested I should. Chances are I'm just salty because I learned the hard way that preds can just one shot you whenever they feel like it if you choose to mess with them. Sorry if I'm wasting your time with a pointless report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are absolutely correct in this report. I do like that you decided to take action, as misuse of a whitelist tool given to a player isn't something that should be brushed over. I have no defense, only an explanation:

Earlier in the round, myself and another predator were fighting against larger groups of xenomorphs, so I had my caster set to lethal, explosive in case more sudden attacks happened due to a defender coming out of nowhere and attacking me, and another runner while I was watching the other predator fight.

I killed the runner and brought the corpse into the General Store, left to go back to the group (which was gone), then came back later to butcher the runner when things calmed down. It was then that marines arrived and noticed about me. I drug the body into the corner and started carving it there.

You came in, took the body away, and I decided to stand there and just caster you. I realized that it was in lethal mode and slightly panicked, but another elder runner with low health immediately came in after the explosion and ran back off, and I genuinely thought it was you. I didn't hear any audio prompt because the marine fire and explosion blocked it out.

Regardless it was in the heat of the moment, this situation was a complete HC break on my part, and I should have taken the necessary steps to be more aware about the consequences of my mistake to see if I did kill you and ahelp about the situation. I understand that I unfairly ended your round and I should have known better. I offer my admission and apology for this situation and hope you get the justice you deserve!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good, I managed to respawn as a larva anyway so it wasn't a huge deal in the end.
    Just glad to know it was an accident, I was somewhat prepared to just ignore predators from now on as xeno. I was thinking to myself "I see why everyone else just ignores predators now if they can just do that". But if this was a mistake then cool. Apology accepted.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The report was accepted by the council, and they have issued a verbal warning to the player.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx