0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH0_T00Kthejam - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    WH0_T00Kthejam

What is your discord username and handle?
    Jam#1411

What is your timezone in UTC?
    GMT+10

Player Name You Use Most?
    Harley Piett

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    //showthrea...ic-Application (Accepted)
    //showthrea...ja-Application (Accepted)
    //showthrea...ja-Application (Withdrawn)
    //showthrea...er-Application (Accepted)

*Top most recent bottom is the oldest.

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    No in game ban's. I was discord banned for one day a two weeks ago.

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    I am very familiar with command roles.

Squad leader, command and lead your squad while providing vital intel to CIC rather than random drivel. Things like incoming flanks and Status on your spec's ammo.

Staff officers, are to provide a lot of vital intel such as the location of downed squamates the current location of the front along with coordinating with the RO to make sure supplies are delivered in a timely manner.

RO runs requisitions manages their CTs and make sure marines and spec have ammo to shoot.

CE Sets AA, Reloads the OB and makes sure the ship functions.

CMO manages the doctors and attempts to keep their researchers in-line when it comes to making...corrupted xenos.

CMP manages their MPs the security of the ship and makes sure ML is upheld and being enforced.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    88.1 Hours.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    231.9 Hours

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    After leading an operation in which they had to take full command due to the commanding officer being incapacitated.

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    After a career of successful anti insurgency operations against UPP backed CLF cells on worlds of strategic importance.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    Honestly I don't think I'd ever use a pardon unless I could fully trust the marine I was pardoning. Most of it comes down to the severity of the crime and how vital they are t the health of the operation.

An example of a well used pardon would be me pardoning the only doctor on the ship who has been arrested when we have infected marines aboard the ship.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    Battlefield Execution is a special tool for exceptional circumstances and should be used as a last resort or not at all as I feel it is an LRP end to LRP actions.

An example of a reasonable BE would be if someone had broken into CIC and represented an immediate threat to me and my staff I would deal with them.

While BEs are a tool to be used it's better to default to MPs most of the time and if an individual is in MP custody they cannot be BE'd.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest concern between the whitelist is if you've changed as a player and could be trusted to not misbehave as a Commanding Officer. Afterall, you were removed from the whitelist previously due to behavioral issues. How would you address and reply to this concern?
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were dewhitelisted, why did you make a new app instead of PMing council about getting rewhitelisted?
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    You were dewhitelisted, why did you make a new app instead of PMing council about getting rewhitelisted?
    It was recommended to me to do a fresh re application, since the form was changed.
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDadMan View Post
    The biggest concern between the whitelist is if you've changed as a player and could be trusted to not misbehave as a Commanding Officer. Afterall, you were removed from the whitelist previously due to behavioral issues. How would you address and reply to this concern?
    When I first got CO I was rather new as a player, I did things before thinking. Now I think before I act most times and I will be avoiding issues that got me de whitelisted before such as LRP and following basic SOP as a CO.

Furthermore I have managed to go with no issues on the Predator and Synthetic WL so far.
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied due to discord perma.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom