Marine Name
    Emily James

Other Whitelist Applications
    none

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ashley

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Ashley would mostly react to each different rank with about the same calm and organized manner, extremely respect everyone regarding of rank or position, for example someone is insulting Ashley, her reply would be as follows (I'm extremely sorry sir/ma'am for you being displeased with my services, may I please ask what is the problem?), Ashley is extremely respectful of everyone on the ship, she doesn't like violence, and loves making new friends, and making people happy.
    logline:
    The new state of the art synthetic unit Ashley, Robco's newest and latest synth model, is the top of the line synth, designed to mentally aid and assist any of our beloved marines on their difficult missions!

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because being a synth would unlock a new world of roleplay to me, it'll make me enjoy CM even more then I already am!
    I wanna help people left and right, I wanna try new ways of playing the game, and being a synth looks like one of the most amazing and fun ways to interact with other players!

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I was playing as a VC on my own, the other VC was SSD the entire round, soo I took it upon myself to carry medics wounded bodies and ammo all over the frontline, since I had no gunner to help me.
    Que Molly the synth, she went into the APC during the battle and noticed I was alone, she asked if I want her to drive, I said sure? you can't man the guns? she replied with no my programming doesn't allow me to use or handle firearms, I agreed to let her drive and I used the guns, we ended up being the most amazing team there is! she would drive and repair the APC, I would drag people and handle the Xenos, we lost the OP sadly that round, but once the Xeno ship crashed into us me and molly found each other taking on the queen herself! and basically stopping the Xeno advance on the AA witch was REQ.
    in the end REQ was taken over sadly so me and molly and 2 survivors made it to Normandy, and went plantside to live on another day.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Ashley is a product of Robco tech she was designed with the sole purpose of learning human emotion and even attempting to fix problems like depression home sickness and other problems marines go through daily

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I'm as familiar as can be with engineering, whether it's building FOB alone to being a combat engineer and helping end stalemates, I can do anything from repairing generators to loading the orbital cannon, my only downside with engineering is being an OT, I never took the time to learn how to make bombs and maxcap rockets and mortar shells.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I'm quite familiar with command, however I'm not good at all at commanding marines, leading is just not a thing I'm really good at.
    however, I know my way around the command consoles and the Overwatch console, I know how to use the orbital cannon and I know how to load it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical was the first class I ever mastered and played as, I know my way around almost everything when it comes to medical whether it be a simple frac surgery, to a very uncommon eye surgery, I'm a very experienced chemist, I memorized the commonly used recipes I.E(cryo mix MB KD IA etc), I'm extremely used to working on marines with the heat of the battle a few feet from me, and I'm also used to tending to multiple marines at once alone.
    however, I have played researcher a bit, but never wrapped my head around it really, so I'm not really good at making corrupted Xenos or state of the art marine strength enhancer stim.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    When I first started playing REQ I was horrified, I kept saying I would never get good at knowing where everything is, so I ignored REQ for a while, however once I gave it a chance, it's legit a cakewalk, it became a very common thing of me running REQ completely alone.
    it's also one of my fav classes to play now.
    in terms of how familiar am I with requisition, I know everything there is to know to REQ, and I'm very good and quick at it.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    As a synth I'm programmed to do no harm to anything or anyone, the only time I'm allowed to use force is when I'm cornered to preserve my life or when a marines life is in danger, only then am I allowed to use force till the enemy runs away to heal, in which way I'll stop attacking.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I know one of the requirement is to be well known on the server, I'm not sure about my reputation with admins if I have one at all, however I for sure made a reputation on the ship, marines know me they greet me when they see me, I'm well known in medbay I'm well known in Req I made so many friends and comrades on the ship, I just hope my rep is good enough for my app to pass (fingers crossed)
    my playtime: https://gyazo.com/8cbd028eb70808c8e9fc02a4532a66f8
    Last edited by HIDgamer; 07-23-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll itemize this with solutions given, so it's easier to track.

1- Personality is somewhere between weak and non-existent. The classic advice is to think of a character you like from a book or movie and build a personality around that. While keeping in mind the limitations expected of synthetics, you can mimic large or entire personalities you see. Examples include Dale, who is based on Black Dynamite, and Phelan is largely inspired by DJ from Event Horizon. The best personalities are not simply behaviors, items carried, or manner of speech, but entire outlooks and approaches to existence. That said, this item is the most subjective and it is on-record that it is perfectly acceptable to play as a "generic/Bishop-like" synthetic, just keep in mind it generally gets negative responses during the application phase.

2- While I haven't seen you personally in game, I have seen some of your #gameplay-help questions. You are definitely lacking in some critical experience with high-acuity medical cases. The advice we often give is, "play both FOB doctor and medic until you stop seeing new things, and can/know how to heal anything brought to you", this includes 800 damage patients in the orange, massively lethal organ damage, heartbreak, genetic damage, various ODs, etc.

3- The combat question is super generic, and doesn't really show understanding because of it. We want to see understanding of delta vs normal red alert, behavior at frontline vs backline areas, FOB threats, evacuating dropship, survivor-aligned synthsurv being attacked by marines, etc. There's a lot of situations that can and do come up and *will* get you scrapped if you don't know the limits beyond the basic parrot of "defensive action until the enemy retreats".

The two big things you should do for a re-application are play more medic and grab those people who burn to death/get familiar with the worst of the worst medical cases until it's no longer an issue, and get into #whitelist-app-help and work out a personality that works for you as well as understanding of some of the weird circumstance/law/behavior things that can come up with combat program limitations and military law/orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a small note about my command skills that you might notice is, I have low hours as SO, witch isn't enough to make me experienced in command, however that's because as I said I'm not the most confident on playing command much, so before I posted the app I joined one of my friends privet CM server, and I had so much room to learn about the command and overwatch console, and much more actually.
    I also have recently put all of those new learnt skills into use, and it was the reason I lead the marines into victory as an SO, since there was no one else to take command.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should not be able to find yourself in a situation you aren’t confident at handling when you apply for synth. You should withdraw the app, get more experience and exposure. Your English skills are also worrying, you misspelt private and used the incorrect which when you have spell check available to you. You do not need to be a native English speaker, but synths should not make such mistakes in speech.
    Synth Gaming

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is denied at this time. The synth personality needs development beyond its current state. The story has grammatical error which shows a lack of attention to detail. The answer to the combat question is very basic. There is also a question of medical experience in edge cases, which is not acceptable for any synthetic applicant.