0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Suggestion Gun maintenece

I kinda feel like we need more depth when it comes to the guns in cm 13

So devs here is what i propose
    All guns have a maintence bar or health
    The guns have 3 or 4 states according to hp levels
    Pristine which is near max hp.The gun is buffed with bonus accuracy and minor damage buff.no chance of misfiring
    Normal as it is but very small chance of misfiring maybe 1 in 120 chance
    Worn small accuracy debuff higher chance of misfire maybe 1 in 45
    Miserablre major accuracy debuff and a minor damage debuff 1 in 15 chance of misfiring

What is misfiring?? It is when the primer does not ignite and the bullet dosent fire.
    How to clear misfires just use unique actiin to clear the round.

How do the guns degrade??
    Everytime its fired
    Everytime its unhostered and goes through rough terrain
    Gets in a boiler gas
    For example if the m1a has 3000 hp ,marine fires -1 hp,wades through water -3 hp ,crawls though cave -1hp

So how do we restore the hp ???
    Option one add something similar to field stipping but maintence
    Option 2 add maintence kits availabe frkm vendors that need to be applied on the wep

How do we determine the hp values by compleity weapon.
    Obviosly a smartgun is more complex than a revolver and thus needs to maintained more

IS THIS A FUCKING N-NERF???? YA FUKIN XENO MAIN!!!
    no because if a marines maintain their weapons correctly it would actuallyy be buff as it boost accuracy and damage if balanced

Why should it be implemented
    It adds more depth and realism

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck no

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting idea, but my skeptical side immediately imagined marines doing even more custom emote spam in briefing. Not like that's a terrible thing imo, but mps will have yet another way to soft gr...uh arrest marines round start
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The average Marine has little-to-no time to maintain their guns during a round. If they're not building/defending the FOB, they're fighting. If they're not fighting, they're being treated for minor wounds. If they're not being treated for minor wounds they're being operated on. If they're not being operated on... you get the idea. The only times they'd be able to do maintenance on their guns is when they're waiting to head back down after surgery or after evac if they're lucky.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I could deal with misfires if all you had to do was cock your gun to clear them, but I'm gonna hard pass on weapon maintenance. Even that will be hard for some new players to get their head around though.

You know, could make an interesting ERT weapon - really powerful rifle that has a chance to jam (hence why it's not in service) and needs an action to clear it, or a really shitty CLF weapon. For all standard marine weapons I'd say leave it as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, definitely no. It is

1. too much coding involved for little gain. There is no framework for checking if you walk in water, what weapon, or even item you are holding and then also coding in various states of health and degradation based on the type of weapon and terrain and skil, etc.
    2. As a private, I find NO time to waste on maintaining and field stripping the weapon. Just too much to handle in my opinion.
    3. there are far more pressing matters to deal with atm and probably in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i meant similar to field stripping i meant it as creating an action called maintaience.Though field stripping the entire gun qould be more realistic i do undertand that it might take long. Maybe 30 sec to maintain it though that might be too easy so what about implenting a maintece tool kit?? still like the idea of having maintaining weapons since its a neat feature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As cool as it would be to add a new layer of realism to the marines, the reality is that such a system would be very difficult to balance.

For instance, there are 5x more guns than there are marines. And considering it would probably be time consuming to conduct maintenance on a gun, what is to say they don't just toss their gun away to get a new one? All marines would have to do is get a cargo drop of guns to drop where they are and enjoy all the benefits of well maintained weapons without all the hassle.

There is also the fact that marines already have to deal with the frustration of having bullets miss at any possible range, even point blank. Imagine if your gun also had a chance to suddenly jam at a bad moment, while a lurker is murdering your friend (or you). That would be infuriating.

And how would specs and smartgunners get affected by this? Their guns can't be so easily replaced, so they would be forced to sit down and tinker with their very complicated weapons for a time while the xenos continue to gain ground, before eventually any attempt to repair a weapon would be pointless because they probably already abandoned the planet.

Weapon maintenance sounds like an interesting idea, but like a lot of ideas, it isn't always as fun as you imagine.. Or as balanced...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like this idea, but I would suggest a counter-proposal:

Maintenance Kit Contains:
    Gun Scraper (Around 4 seconds to do. Restores around 30% of the health)
    Barrel Cleaner (Around 6 seconds to do. Restores around 50% of the health)

Simply take a maintenance part out, and click on the weapon.

I would also suggest making the 'HP' of the weapon very high, with spec and smartgun weapons being RIDICULOUSLY high.

Gun 'HP' and degradation as described except:
    No 'tile checks'
    When swapped between holstered and equipped, just do the same damage as shooting a bullet
    When dropped on the ground, or used as a 'weed clearer' it gets x10 more damage than normally shooting a bullet would

This would greatly decrease the needed 'coding' for walking through things like water or thick jungle.

For 'States' Of the weapons:
    l
    Pristine: No chance of mis-firing, semi-decent accuracy buff, no DMG buff.
    l
    Goes away relatively quickly, probably around ... 21 rounds from M41A, and 6 shotgun shells before going back to normal
    l
    l
    Normal: What you get out of the vendor, No chance of mis-firing, no buffs.
    l
    Goes to worn after ... I would say maybe 120 rounds from your typical M41A, probably around 20 shotguns shells.
    l
    l
    Worn: After a little fighting, about 1 in 50 (2%) chance of mis-firing. No accuracy de-buff, slight damage de-buff.
    l
    Goes to Battle-Scarred after 120 rounds from M41A, around 20 shotgun shells.
    l
    l
    Battle-Scarred: After some extensive fighting. You've put at least 6 goddamn clips through your rifle. About 1 in 20 (5%) chance of mis-firing. Slight accuracy de-buff, slight damage de-buff.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In real life, marines do not maintain their gun during an operation, they do it before and after. Missfire can happen but generally a simple cock of the gun is enough to clear it.

Imagine if this is implemented in game. You are already at the mercy of RNG pretty much anytime you are in need of firing your weapon. There is RNG on Fracture, Delimb, IB, Organ damage, your own damage, armor, accuracy... Do you really think that adding a new feature that will emphases the possible RNG fuck that you can get will be a good idea? I don't think so.

While you play you already have a 20+ time of preparation, then you get on the frontline you have the time to find fight opportunities that makes you lose more time, any hit (FF or xeno) request you to get some medicin out and sometimes a medic, Any major wound gets you a free trip to Medbay for a solid 15mn. Overall the game is already half of the time not fighting but doing something else. Do you really think that adding a new feature that will make you lose EVEN more time would be appreciable? Most of PFCs mains play it to shoot not to enjoy the RNG fuck and Click yourself with items experience.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic