Marine Name
    John Jackson

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first application.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    James

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    James would mostly treat everybody on the USS almayer the same with some exceptions examples being the CO and XO due to their high ranking, James would probably go on about past operations and try to entertain the other person in a 1 on 1 conversation bringing things up like experiences he has had with other marines and just generally try and have a nice conversation with them.

James is very interested with biology they cant stop thinking about all the benefits having robotic organs would have in future operations.

A recently produced synthetic is based on the average male of the 21st century and goes by the name of James and has been made to do research and aid in medical in an effort to reduce the amount of deaths in the USS almayers recent operations.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synth because it just seems so cool being this super strong robot that is able to help marines that are in need directly or indirectly and it just seems really fun to play.

I have gone out of my way for the past week or so to learn as many jobs as humanly possible in order to be somewhat qualified for the position and the only job I wasn't able to get down was mess technician, I know my way around marine law and I generally try not to get into trouble.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    My most memorable interaction with a Synth would probably have to be on the planet of LV-624 when I was with my SL and we were a little behind enemy lines and he got heavily injured, I dragged him all the way back to the med bay next to hydro and that's where I found the medical synth I think their name was either Katie or Mia and they patched him up faster then I have ever seen anybody do it and he ended up being fit to fight in about 2-3 minutes after suffering multiple fractures and severe damage.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

long story short James is a synthetic with a major love for medical and helping people.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I would say I am pretty familiar with engineering, I can make about any explosive as an ordinance technician and I know my way around repairing/building things are MT and I can also man the reactors decently well

How familiar are you with Command?
    I am pretty familiar with command I have played a decent bit of SO and I have talked with the mentors and SEAs about how to be an XO and I can also do overwatch pretty well as well as load the orbital cannon

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am VERY familiar with medical it was one of the first jobs I ever actually put the time into mastering and actually liked playing, I am able to do research, chems, surgery and first aid, out of all my jobs I have the most hours in Doctor and CMO.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know my way around the REQ bay if need be, I have about 7 hours in CT and most of it was either spent maning the line or looking at the CT wiki.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Most of the time as a synth I am to NOT enter combat although some exceptions are when I am being assaulted and the only option is to fight back I can do so NON LETHALY or when an innocent marine is being assaulted and then I can NON LETHALY defend them.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I know this probably wasnt the best Synthetic application but I hope you atleast enjoyed reading it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, before I post anything about the app can you show us your hours in game? A screenshot should do.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unknown (2).jpg

hopefully this works

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so.

Before I start mentioning about the application, you recently got a LRP note, specifically about netspeak, which doesnt really show good things about your RP skills.

Not to mention either that your forum account was recently made this month.

Now, to the first part of the app.

Your quirk is quite vague, the first paragraph only mentions things that a synth would normally do, while you keep your biology affition quirk very shallow. Last paragraph there is also something a synth literally must do regardless of quirk.

Your story is also confusing. Ill note everything below.

First, you mention at the end of the story about James 'falling in love' with Medical, which isnt really the right expression to use with a character that has no feelings whatsoever (if it was a poem then yeah passable).

Second, you make use of marine slang expressions such as 'bald', which imo doesnt fit in a synth character unless you RP it out (learnt it somewhere for example).

Third, there is a scenario where youe synth saves a kid by shoving a marine with, and I quote: "with such force that none of them have ever seen". This is wrong for several reasons:

- Assaulting a marine by shoving them is against both the synth guidelines and Marine Law (unless you are a surv synth). I usually would not tackle anyone unless it was a clear griefer and MPs are on the way to restrain him.
    - Provoking marines by shoving them not only endangers your self-preservation (since you mention the synth being shot before you shove them) but also the kid's life, another breach of the guidelines. You should not escalate a situation where someone is in danger, the best thing to do is to drag out the kid to safety.

Finally, your story has several syntax and cohesion mistakes, for example when you repeat the word 'and' endlessly instead of using punctuation and connectors. The text is also packed in big paragraphs of text which makes it hard to follow up after pauses (this isnt grounds enough for denial, but are good tips to make a synth story look great).

Now, for the rest of the app.

In your question 'Why do you want to be whitelisted?', you hint that you only want to be a synth because they are strong and fast, which is not only wrong (you would be surprised at how many times I have died to lurkers), but also show no will to actively RP with rhe community.

You also mention in your question 'How familiar you are with engineering?' that you know how to man the reactors, which personally I think that busted you bad because it has been eones since reactors required any maintenance (not to say that because of that, im pretty sure you read up the wiki and noted out that you were familiar with what was said in there).

Your hour playtimes arent enough either. 7 hours as SO doesnt give you enough experience with Command. Neither does 1 hour as MT and none as ComTech with Engineering.

Your combat question is also confusing. What do you mean by 'non-lethally'? As a synth you can only engage in combat if you are alone/think marines cannot arrive on time, and if your preservation is getting harmed and you cannot retreat. That means, if you are with marines you shouldnt be involving yourself in combat unless they are too injured to defend themselves. You cant defend a marine if there are others around to do so. Neither can you defend yourself by retaliating when you can escape and let other marines deal with it. Also if the threat doesnt disengage you can kill them, thats no problem.

To end up, I have rarely seen you in game, I cannot reslly recognise your name, but thats perhaps because of timezones.

Overall your app is somewhat poor and too early posted. Thus, Im giving a -1. You should play more before applying, the hours you showed us arent enough. Also, next time you apply, do it because you like to RP, not because you only want to be a fast doctor that fights lurkers. Play more, make yourself a well known support man with a nice RP gimmick and you should be very welcome to the WL!
    Last edited by Time_URSS; 07-25-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll paraphrase, your hours are far too low for me to believe you’ve mastered the support mechanics, your personality is on the verge of being something cool but is not there, and you should reformat your back story to look like a story - it’s very difficult to read as of now.
    Synth Gaming

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A synthetic is subject matter expert in all support roles, this includes being asked to solo requisitions. Realize that the wiki is not the end be all of game knowledge, as it lags behind the change logs regularly. Time_URSS was very thorough with the particulars and it is very much worth reading. This application is denied.