Marine Name
    Freddy Linton

Other Whitelist Applications
    None.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Wheatley

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    He would politely treat Commissioned Officers with a Sir, or Ma'am. Enlisted, or Non-Commissioned Officers with their said rank. If they're an unranked Civilian, then he will just say Sir, or Ma'am. He would mostly speak about his job. Nonetheless try to entertain people, even if it may be a stressful time. His interests would be satisfying his coworkers' interests first, then continue whatever he was doing before then. Wheatley is a fair, but slightly older version than most. He's one of the few Synthetics that have a personality that might lack in intelligence, but is superb in doing several jobs, such as assisting his coworkers in simple things, delivering, medical, and construction-wise. He gives off a very serious, but at the same non-serious tone.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because I would love to be something that helps everyone in the end, and why not? It would be entertaining to be something different for once. It sounds cool, but also very interesting. Such as being able to do plenty. Medical, and Construction. Helping survivors survive for longer!

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    Matthaus. He was delivering a pizza as a survivor synth. But the pizza box was empty. Pretty funny in my opinion at the time.

Synthetic Character Story
    Wheatley, at the time was just put out into work. This mission was Operation Whiskey. Of course, most of the Marines were fond of the name. He landed with the rest of the Marines, he stayed behind, and helped build the Field Operations Base. Once it was done, he continued off into the somewhat near frontlines to help with the dying Marines. As he was deployed as a sort of Medical Unit at the time. He of course saved plenty, but also lost his share at the time. Though he definitely earned his share of how cruel war can be at the time. He didn't touch the frontlines, as he would just get in the way, and he can't exactly help with the war, as he isn't mechanically able to use any firearm, he wouldn't be allowed to if he did anyway.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Extremely familiar. I know almost everything you can do in barricades. How to build walls, window frames, and almost everything. I might forget here and there. But I eventually get there.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Slowly finding my way around Command. I know how to work the OB, Overwatch, and general operations.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely familiar. I know many procedures in surgery, or just mainly know how to deal with an injury.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Not very familiar. To be honest, I haven't touched it.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Defending myself with a melee. As I shouldn't attack unless I'm attacked. Helping a Marine/Coworker that is defenseless.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I hope I someday get this, if not from this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Thank ya for applying for the Synth whitelist but there's quite a lot of problems with your application

Starting with your Synth's personality, it's quite generic. Anyone can address military personal with their rank or not. I myself, as an example, go "Hello Major __" whenever I login to play as Synth. As a Synth, your main job is to focus on completing your tasks, it's expected of you to do so. That being said, it's not a real quirk to use on your application.

Your story is short and basically what any Synth can do. When it comes to creating your Synthetic story, it's best to use that creative freedom to show off dialogue of how your Synthetic would interact with others. If you took the time to check accepted applications, you would notice in their stories that they have dialogue which shows us how they'll interact ingame and their quirks/personality.

Engineering, it's good you're confident with how the role works but, this includes medical, I cannot vouch for your skills ingame because you're new to the community. That being said, I suggest you interact more with marines, synths, whoever so we can remember your name.

Command is essential to learn. Not only playing a Command position gets your name out there but it'll help you learn how Marines operate. As a quick side note, Synths cannot tell Marines what to do, you can only suggest.

Requisitions, super important to learn because there will be times where you're on and none of the Req roles will be active, leaving you to do the job alone with thousands of marines wanting their super specific builds. Learn how to do Req, support roles is the Synthetics main job in the game.

Your combat answer is lacking a sufficient example on how Synths and combat work. I suggest reading the guidelines again to properly learn them and give a proper example next time you apply.

Overall, my advice is to just, get around, it'll take a few months but from my own experience, I waited about 6 months before applying for the Synthetic WL, not saying that's a requirement but that's how I was able to be known so my support skills are vouched.
    We. Have. A. Discord. More specifically, a channel to help out future applicants. #whitelist-app-help. Ask ask ask, we will not turn you down with whatever questions you have, we are there to help.

You'll be getting a -1 from me, not because I don't want you to succeed, but rather getting you that 1 month to help yourself be successful, you're still a new player, try not to rush things, everything takes their time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you suggest I try again, when I get more votes from staff? Or is one vote enough to put me down?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can echo what Biggest said. I do suggest you try again, though you must reapply a month after you withdraw your app/your app gets denied unless the Senator says otherwise.

Now, with that said, I really encourage you to the following:
    1. Get yourself known in the community by participating in discord talks and playing a lot of support rolesnin game. Roleplay is one way to be recognised!
    2. As stated before, raise up your skills and give yourself time to know how each role works, and how you can improve on each of them.
    3. Take your time to make your story and quirk awesome! The more mysterious and exciting you want your story to be, the more you will enjoy making it. It also opens doors to an awesome RP experience in the future! Originality isnt required, since there arent infinite quirks/stories, but we always welcome them.
    4. Dont rush a synth application, you have plenty of time to apply in a future, you truly enjoy it more the further you wait and work on it

With that said, my vote is quite the same as Biggest. I do want you to apply in a future though, read up some accepted and denied apps to see what we looking for, and you will have an easier time preparing your new app. All effort is welcome!

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GooglyFox View Post
    Do you suggest I try again, when I get more votes from staff? Or is one vote enough to put me down?
    WL holders suggest, council votes, staff is not involved in the decision to WL someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, anyways. I've been getting myself recognized, I just kept changing my name a couple times. I've got at least 48 hours of being human.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is denied at this time. The story is there to show off a synth's personality and the player's creativity for the sake of HRP. A synth has to be well versed in all support roles. Ask questions on whitelist-app-help and get more experience.