0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MayorofKenya - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    MayorofKenya

What is your discord username and handle?
    corgi_fanclub#0001 | MayorofKenya/Maxina Song

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC -7

Player Name You Use Most?
    Maxina 'Quill' Song

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    n/a

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    n/a

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Very familiar.

Recently, i've dedicated about 80 percent of my recent 1-2 month playtime to leadership roles, mostly XO.

I am very familiar with all roundstart operations, including Req, OB, and CiC startup.

In addition, I have good knowledge of pre-hijack setup (including keycard, and alarm setting.)

Additionally, if CiC is well staffed, I like to RP a little bit c:

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    Executive Officer 46.7 HOURS

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    Squad Leader 8 HOURS

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    Maxina has opted to be a Candidate for Major because she strongly believes in her conviction and will to lead her men to victory against any foe down there; she does this through rational leadership, coupled with a strong balance of iron-fisted direction and compassion. Yes, this does include yelling at the communications line, sometimes.

Through her tenure serving aboard USS Almayer and being both a student and witness to many leaders (both great and not-so-great,) whilst simultaneously gaining the attention of influential individuals, Maxina is now vying for the position of Major aboard the USS Almayer, believing she can change the future of the ship and it's personnel for the better. A hopeful outlook, but one that is also peppered with hints of sarcasm and a grain of salt.

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    The short story I'll provide is basically a quick look into her rise into CAPTAIN (not Major,) and I can flesh out her backstory/transition from Captain -> Major in another story if needed,

But Basically, Maxina obtains her position as Major after consistent tenure aboard USS Almayer. Along the way, she has encountered many individuals and factions; both friendly and not, and she has a reputation for being a diplomatic and empathetic individual.

Her awareness of Marine Law and empathetic utilization of it (despite law being strict and rigorous) have earned her the respect of her peers below, or, so she thinks. At the least, High Command has recognized her straight-forward attitiude, and was promptly promoted to Major.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Maxina was born into a small family whose bloodline originally was called to serve in the Medical field; Both mother and father are doctors with PhD's, and her siblings, both older, are registered nurses. She lives a very comfortable life; wealth, food, and luxury not a problem in the slightest.

Maxina, however, displayed a fondness for the Military, and consistiently showed an interest to joining, much to the dismay of her parents. It got to the point where they shunned Maxina, as she wanted to join more than anything in the world; her reasoning was to see the stars and travel alongside others whilst serving the people.

Maxina then breaks ties with her wealthy family, and runs away to enlist with the Marines.

She eventually rose through the ranks fairly quick, displaying a natural aptitude for leadership, marksmanship, and sarcasm. It has earned her comfortable spots in her stations. She is calm and decisive when it comes to important decisions, and knows that duty comes first, no matter the cost.

The following story is a quick glance of her rise from Lieutanant -> Captain.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    One of the most appropriate times to pardon a prisoner is if there are witnesses/testimonies from individuals that clearly state that the brigged personnel was acting out of self-defense.

Another time to pardon a prisoner is for a super minor crime that could have been NJP'd; Maxina as MP always ops for NJP first (if applicable) before applying any charges/arrests. It happens.

One thing to note, however, is that pardons should rarely be handed out, and trust must be issued to the Military Police serving with you. It isn't a light thing to do, and if the individual in question commits a crime again, it will be on the CO's head as well. Being a good judge of character and recognizing this will make the difference between a good and a bad pardon.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    Sedition, but even then this varies on a case-by-case basis

Another time is in self-defense with high-impact ammunition. I will always attempt to suppress BUT NOT BE individuals seen to be of high lethality, and using BE sparingly.

I understand that these answers may be slightly 'vanilla,' but I realize that BE is a powerful tool, and one that can spark a chain of events both good or bad. I am willing to answer any questions in the future regarding these tools on a case by case basis, and I would be more than willing to 'showcase' my comprehension and rational of utilizing these abilities through my responses.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my application- I just want to add a few things that may 'concern' a few people

I understand that my hours are just slightly above the minimum time. I've realized that applications take days, if not weeks to complete due to the process. That said, I feel like submitting my application now and playing will get individuals to spectate me and notice my progression; by the time the application is up, optimistically, I would have attained plenty more hours under XO and squad leader by the time the app process is completed.

I say this not because i'm in a rush to 'speedrun Major' but because I am well aware of the long process it takes to review everything. In addition, it gives me more opportunity to receive feedback and adjust my playstyle accordingly, to which I am open to all feedback! c:

Thank you guys for the opportunity, regardless of what ever happens to the application, and I look forward to answering questions of any kind.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO, I've seen this, and I +1 this. I've had the pleasure over the years of knowing that I have seen you in multiple roles. You play SL. You play CIC, and you play MP. You can handle the whitelist. Good luck.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the rounds I've seen you as XO you have acted LRP, from pushing a marine into fire and then using announcements to talk about rolling a d20 to choose whether you should turn yourself in or resist, to wearing a skirt from the CLs room as an officer. You wouldn't be able to get away with stuff like this as a CO and your post about your low hours so people can watch you just seems to me personally like you are putting on a show. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Most of the rounds I've seen you as XO you have acted LRP, from pushing a marine into fire and then using announcements to talk about rolling a d20 to choose whether you should turn yourself in or resist, to wearing a skirt from the CLs room as an officer. You wouldn't be able to get away with stuff like this as a CO and your post about your low hours so people can watch you just seems to me personally like you are putting on a show. -1

I just want to say that I believe the application process is incredibly long and stringent (BUT WITH GOOD REASON); past applications have taken WEEKS for review and even then a few more post review. I don't believe i've done it 'to get people' to notice me; as you say yourself, i've already done some not-so-good actions. I believe that submitting it now (and i'm definitely past minimum requirements) will help the application process go smoother and not drag on too long. Again, not trying to speedrun it, but also I find that application processes are a great way to see from the community where I stand and what I need to fix.

And lets be honest; the only people that are USUALLY gonna spectate me are people that usually need to the voting and finalize internally. It's only with this application that i've made it clear that 'I am Interested.' I definitely did not mean it any other way. Plus there's no show for me to make; i'm in the whitelist section of the forums and i haven't said a word to anyone else about this app lol

And honestly all feedback I embrace c: If this app passes or not, i'm benefiting regardless tbh

OOCly, That fire incident was not my fault in the slightest, I was PUSHED by a marine from behind which prompted me to push the marine in front; I had to cycle intention quickly in a crowded Alamo pre-drop. This was the Alamo incident you are referring to which I remember. The D20 thing was just from dice a marine had that I was talking to. I just decided to play along. I feel that the D20 thing was interesting, and didn't affect anyone elses round so personally I thought it was okay. I understand why it wouldn't be. I've seen quirkier COs

Also, ICly, The offended party didn't push charges, and I cleared it with the CMP during the round to ensure that I was cleared for potential assault. Turns out not being a dick and having it an accident won't get marines to call MP hounds on you, who knew?

CLs skirt- yeah not gonna defend myself on that one. CL was handing out suits in CiC one brief during low pop, so I just decided to play along. Thought it was harmless, but I understand the necessary uniform policies COs have to abide by. It's a lot of responsibility! No more suits in CiC for COs
    Last edited by MayorofKenya; 07-28-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in a classic operation until you receive a fax from an anonymous source telling you that your Captain is a UPP Commie Sleeper agent with the goal of stealing your mateba. Shortly after the corporate liaison approaches you and asks to inspect your weapon while the XO Watches nearby. Suddenly USS Almayer shakes and an orbital shell was fired and the lieutenant tells you that it might hit the FOB and the REQ officer is dismantling the CIC windows you ask for the CMP but you are informed that he is locked inside a locker in engineering and is hidden by the maintenance gang this is most unfortunate.

What do you do in this situation?
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    You are in a classic operation until you receive a fax from an anonymous source telling you that your Captain is a UPP Commie Sleeper agent with the goal of stealing your mateba. Shortly after the corporate liaison approaches you and asks to inspect your weapon while the XO Watches nearby. Suddenly USS Almayer shakes and an orbital shell was fired and the lieutenant tells you that it might hit the FOB and the REQ officer is dismantling the CIC windows you ask for the CMP but you are informed that he is locked inside a locker in engineering and is hidden by the maintenance gang this is most unfortunate.

What do you do in this situation?
    cry

JK

First, my initial thought is to organize the events based on urgency and how efficient I can be with tasks now delegated to me, and how I can get my CiC team to assist (assuming I have one, though based on this, I might not have a full strength team.) I also assume that I am now taking direct control of the entire operation, and telling XO directly that I am taking the helm of the events that are happening now, and he is to follow my orders explicitly.

With this logic, I will sort tasks in my head by Urgency from highest priority to lowest:

OB shell fired
    CMP Locker kidnapping
    REQ officer dismantling
    Captain and CL asking me for my mateba

OB shell is first on the list because it -most likely- will affect the operation as a whole, especially if it has a chance to hit friendlies. I do this first and NOT the CL's request (even though it was the first in the chain of events I would politely decline and delay handing my mateba to them (its bs lol) and state to the Captain and CL that my mission and getting my men home safely takes priority, and that Captain should do his due diligence of overseeing all coordinates that are relayed to CiC. Otherwise, I could have him reprimanded for not doing his job. This is, of course, assuming I believe the fax and its real and he really is a commie spy. In any case, I would talk to the CiC team and oversee cameras to insure that FF was minimal. If minimal, I would order that the push may proceed as normal, with medics moving up to the front including a TACMAP announcement. If it was massive FF, I would order a regroup at a fallback position that is caded, and wait for triage to get the men back up to speed. I would assign SOs to oversee comms as necessary to ensure that marines fall back with haste to reinforce the blown up position.

Second on the list is CMP locker, because that is also immediate and one of my head personnel is missing aboard the ship. I would call for any MPs still awake on the ship and call them to CiC so that I can personally handle the ship side 'kidnapping' myself. I would send out a COMMAND SHIP Announcement stating an ultimatum for my CMP, and that if he is not returned, I will classify the actions of the crew as Illegal Confinement with additional charges to be placed based on how they respond and actions going forward. I would then assign the SO (not the XO, i'll explain later) to the helm of the console command ship, and tell XO to man the stations the SO was previously just at. If XO and CL are still persistent at this time for my mateba, (as they are still spies, but I assume they will still act like Almayer crew,) I will calm them down and tell them that my men and duty come first before any inspection. If they get in my way, I will threaten (BUT NOT UTILIZE) a BE just to instill fear that I am capable to do so. I also order XO and CL to STAY AT CIC AT ALL COSTS and even delegate another SO to help oversee this. This is to try to control of the UPP sleeper agent Assuming all goes well and I was competent that day, I would have rescued the CMP and delegated charges, etc.

Third on my list, and one that actually could be solved at the same time as the second, is the REQ officer dismantling windows. I would radio in CE to see if modifications were allowed to the ship, and especially CiC per CE, as I was possibly not notified by engineering. If CE allowed it, cool, but I would politely inform him over radio that there are plenty other windows to dismantle. I may call him to my office after CMP is handled and inform him of the initial UPP sleeper threat, but in person and in my office (while XO is still preoccupied at CiC, hopefully.) Since there is a possible security breach in the future, i'd just order REQ to give back my windows and dismantle basketball court windows. I like my windows, thank you. I show CE proof of the fax, he believes me, windows are back, yay!

Finally, with my CMP rescued, my men down below regrouped from the possibly terrible OB, my windows replaced, and my XO (and hopefully CL) still occupied and HELD at CiC, I gather my CMP and MPs to my office, explain the situation, show the fax, and make appropriate suppression on my CL with announcements. In addition now, I can have the XO questioned properly with CMP rescued to see if he really is a sleeper agent. RP RP RP RP RP c:

Side note, I also pray that this does NOT happen to any CO or XO with a minimal crew on any round, this sounds like an absolute nightmare and worst case scenario on almost all fronts :s
    Last edited by MayorofKenya; 08-02-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, this app is a bit all over the place and I highly recommend you run it past a couple councilors next time.

BUT, I just played an event round with you as an XO of the event ship, USS Black Gold. You did well and I saw zero LRP behavior from my interactions with you. Whatever crazy things were going on you held firm to the setting and your position and that's what the standard should be when you play XO (and hopefully one day CO).

I'm holding my vote for this this app but you definitely have it within you to make this whitelist and I just saw it. Now all you need is consistency and a solid application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen glimpses of you around, but the event round was the first time I properly got to see you in action and I can honestly say you did Exceptionally well considering how messy the event was. (I was in the call with the admin running the event and... yes things were rather hectic) You Seem to RP well and you handled managing the weird CIC well.

That said Your app is kinda meh imo so I have some questions.

1 you give some examples, But I suppose a better question is "what is the use of pardons?" Your current answers aren't wrong I just feel like they're lacking something.

2 What do you think are the Key fundamentals of running an OP well?

3 What's your CO's reaction to being Chaired during brief?

4 What do you do if there's no MPs but you see a marine being chaired to death on alamo First Drop (the DS is Full)

5 SO found the school girl outfit and deployed, You are also deployed and encounter them in an out of uniform state and they refuse to Put on a proper USCM uniform Now what?

6 HC has sent a Delegation of officers to the Almayer, you gonna greet them or send the XO something else? or just ignore it till they get to CIC?

7 an MT stole a bunch of the mats from REQ and made baseball bats, Req is now broke, how do you fix this?

8 Your SO "BE'ed" a non violent MT for breaking into CIC, what now?

9 an MT put a coffin in the CIC bubble and keeps popping out and trying to steal shoes and then disappearing.

10: This is the Fob Bravo built and you just found out, how do you deal with it? (its empty cause this is a dev world, imagine it's properly manned)
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...628&height=566

Other wise Good luck with your App I think you have what it takes so far

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hands44 View Post
    I've seen glimpses of you around, but the event round was the first time I properly got to see you in action and I can honestly say you did Exceptionally well considering how messy the event was. (I was in the call with the admin running the event and... yes things were rather hectic) You Seem to RP well and you handled managing the weird CIC well.

That said Your app is kinda meh imo so I have some questions.

1 you give some examples, But I suppose a better question is "what is the use of pardons?" Your current answers aren't wrong I just feel like they're lacking something.

2 What do you think are the Key fundamentals of running an OP well?

3 What's your CO's reaction to being Chaired during brief?

4 What do you do if there's no MPs but you see a marine being chaired to death on alamo First Drop (the DS is Full)

5 SO found the school girl outfit and deployed, You are also deployed and encounter them in an out of uniform state and they refuse to Put on a proper USCM uniform Now what?

6 HC has sent a Delegation of officers to the Almayer, you gonna greet them or send the XO something else? or just ignore it till they get to CIC?

7 an MT stole a bunch of the mats from REQ and made baseball bats, Req is now broke, how do you fix this?

8 Your SO "BE'ed" a non violent MT for breaking into CIC, what now?

9 an MT put a coffin in the CIC bubble and keeps popping out and trying to steal shoes and then disappearing.

10: This is the Fob Bravo built and you just found out, how do you deal with it? (its empty cause this is a dev world, imagine it's properly manned)
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...628&height=566

Other wise Good luck with your App I think you have what it takes so far

Thank you to both you and Rickard firstly, that was a great event to help with.

I understand the app is maybe a little barebones in some sections, and I am to flesh it out more if this app does not pass. That said, I still would like to leave the Pardon and BE sections a little more open ended though, and I would still ask for questions from my fellow peers because I believe CO Pardoning rarely happens and BE happens even more rarely. In fact, i'm willing to wager that BE only happens like once out of a week or so, which is a solemnly used ability. CO Ricky just used one today on an engineer for pushing two marines into fire; I haven't seen a BE execution in like 3 weeks.

1a.) The use of pardons specifically is to free a convicted personnel aboard the ship by name. Usually it's done so when the CO believes that the crime does not fit the punishment handed to the convicted individual; this logic is obtained by CO questioning of all parties involved, as pardoning is not a light action by any means. Doing so also means that CO may also be responsible for the actions moving forward from the individual. Of course, an announcement must be made for the pardon; This includes Name and Crime.

Continuing past the whole technical bit and a bit more OOCly, there is a lot of RP potential I see with pardons; yes, people groan at the letters R P, but pardoning can also turn the tide of any operation especially considering if CO is doing the questioning individually. Should a person be brigged and it requires CO attention, chances are, the person of interest is a very important role or vital to the operation/event.

2a.) I'm going to start off with the most important key fundamental of them all when conducting an OP as a senior officer: Communication. I cannot stress this enough. I know CiC has a reputation of being an echo chamber, especially during classic operations, but every piece of information that runs through that headset is incredibly vital in putting together the pieces for victory. It is important for ANY CiC mains (if you still exist, i know there are a few out there) to be able to read and respond, and do so fluently and consistently. I don't think I have to explain much to know that a quiet command is not a good command, and is contributing nothing to the operation.

Second, Awareness. Being aware of your men, your enemy, and your battlefield. Before drop, I like to take a look at the medical console in CiC to get a general gauge of our men's strengths, and dictate stratagems accordingly. Sometimes, if squads look unique, I tend to employ uncommon strategies (none too gamebreaking or wild, though I could be prone to doing that to make rounds potentially fun hehe) some examples include Charlie FOB or different LZ drops, or cycling Dropship Drops via Rappel or classic drops.

Knowing and being aware of who serves under you, what your enemy is, how the social hierarchy and the (this might sound cringe) social construct of the Marines (ex: Marines hating MPs or Bravo always being FOB) helps in running a smooth OP and ensuring they don't mutiny or get pissed. Yes, you do have to kind of be a people person to be an effective leader. This also ensures you are 'in-the-know' with tactics and relations with support and auxiliary units. OOCly during operations, being aware of the community you play with also helps events run smooth to ensure that you yourself aren't ruining it for anyone else. If I felt that I did not have a good grasp of the social aspects and battle-flow of Marines as well as a general understanding of the community I play with, I sure as hell wouldn't be here typing this response and slotting in for XO.

I have many more, but I think i'll end it on three: Don't be a dick. Self-explanatory. I don't think as XO i've ever been mutinied or, oocly, talked to by staff for power tripping or anything of the sort. Not trying to Jinx it, though.

3a.) "Are you serious- did you just chair me?" *calls MP to arrest for assault* No, NORMALLY thats what WOULD happen. I would probably NJP or play it off if it was just one smack. To be honest, i've been disarmed during brief many times whilst conducting the brief in Hangar. And, if I do get chaired in Brief, chances are I set myself up for that. I usually do my briefings in Hangar because I subject myself in the open, and so I am super well aware I am open to marine tomfoolery. I would usually *scream and continue on with brief. If I DO get chaired, I would order the person in question to "stop being an idiot and take a seat. Do it again and I'll brig your ass." Some might think its too passive for me, but I'd like to think i'm thinking 3 steps ahead. Marines with smol brains are usually the ones that do dumb stuff like that, and I know for a fact in the back of my head they might not come back up to Almayer alive

4a.) That's a rough one. Make Medical aware of an emergency in the dropship first and foremost. I would step in, blue/yellow intent, and continually yell STOP STOP, attempting to disarm continual assaulters, and rescue the more-than-likely killed Marine. This -usually- stops the unga, especially if a blue star were to yell it. I would question the witnesses as much as possible and gather info before disembarking the ship. Since Alamo is full, I will assume its pre-drop. Since I have no cuffs/zipties on me, I will find it incredibly difficult to make a proper arrest/suppression. If this continues and orders are ignored, by law, I am allowed to use lethal force as I can deem Marines to be "suspects who have used a lethal weapon against law enforcement or other personnel." Now will I utilize it? More than likely not, I feel that it is extreme, but I am aware that I could use it.

Once the personnel that has been assaulted has been moved to medbay and is recieving treatment, I could go two ways.
    -I could let the Alamo go as per drop schedule, and mark the marines in question for arrest/questioning should MPs de-cryo. I give them one last chance to come clean and turn themselves in over comms. When they return aboard or if for any reason they are in FOB, I will ensure they get their due punishment. Any MPs that get de-cryo'd would get a full explanation from me.
    -I could delay the drop (which is well within my power to do so) and subdue the criminals myself, though, this usually might not pan out well for the marines, and is a severe delay in battle flow. But law is timeless, and it spares no man, and I have to do my due diligence to uphold it as a figure of authority, even if it ends in questionable events and CO potentially getting swarmed due to being outnumbered. But yeah- if it gets that bad usually it feels like a staff intervention to me, which thank god i've never had to do.

5a.) My god, what a severe SOP infraction. Per usual I would issue one and only one warning, made very clear and stern with consequences stated. However in this case, the SO has already refused. An interesting note on this question is that it can go many ways- There is an extreme way that I will point out but I will absolutely rarely use, if at all. One could -technically- consider that Desertion, if you order the SO to return shipside and he refuses. Ordering the SO to return shipside means he has to definitely follow law for SOP or get brigged on arrival; if he refuses to follow my orders and continue marching on (and possibly being LRP), I technically could BE him for desertion as he has refused to return to his post on Almayer.

Depending if the OP is going south and/or more realistically, if this is occurring at the same time at the literal spearhead of the frontline (as I will usually be charging and leading the men) I would most likely call on MP comms to mark the SO for arrest as there is not much I can do; I have to focus on the enemy in front of me and I have to ensure that my men are safe and being led properly, as one marine can change the tide of any conflict, and I'll be damned if I lose a squad of marines because I was too focused on SO's skirt.

6a.) I'd like to greet them personally. Before I do that, I would ensure CiC is staffed and fully running, with an XO to oversee the general operations below. If it's just me, I'm afraid i'll have to ask them to come to CiC as then we would be short handed, and I don't want to leave my men down below commander-less.

7a.) What a massive L, considering that req budget is already hard to come by now. You know whats funny? This actually happened not too long ago, like a few weeks back. Normally i'd be lenient with most things, but I personally believe the budget is critical to any operations success and this right here is just marine gamethrowing 101. I would look into this mishap with full force and utilize any aspect I can. You and I both know budget-trolling can't slide, at all. Back to the question, I would first question the RO to see how/why this man was able to waltz in and take materials like that without calling any MPs; per question it sounds like the MT was just able to walk in and do whatever. RO needs to have more awareness of his workspace. I would question any possible witnesses. I would also ask questions as to HOW the budget was able to be ransacked or influenced by a MT and investigate purchases. Moving forward, I would then question CE or the next in line senior shipside engineer to see if they have any involvement in this.

At the very absolute least, the MT is getting brigged for Theft and Trespassing. If I have to make severe demotions due to extreme incompetence on the individuals above, I might just have to, and/or faxes to High Command, but i'm always willing to listen to reason and RP it out before making deep-end decisions like that c: Maxina is always open to hearing out pleas first!

8a.) That's murder. I would make clear to the SO that they can't BE and I would ask him to drop his weapon. I would absolutely have that SO brigged, talked to, and more than likely removed from service. I would calmly explain what the SO did wrong, that he was not in the right (Force applied did not equal the crime committed) and send him off to Perma.

9a.) What are my MPs even doing? GET IN HERE MP's, REMOVE THIS COFFIN AND GET THIS MAN OUT OF THIS BUBBLE NOW! Give him one final warning and if he continues, its off to the brig for theft.

10a.) *cry inside* No really this is definitely an improper FOB. Not going to lie to you, 8 times out of 10, I would most likely yell in bravo comms of how incorrect the FOB is. Maybe even drop a command announcement. Not gonna put up a front for you, Blackbriar. I've seen COs do it, and I sure as hell am gonna do it too, because this FOB is a disaster waiting to happen. This is a marine L waiting to happen, and a free zone for a talented burrower to exploit. There are so many things wrong with this FOB- It looks cool at first glance but there are massive logistic issues with it.

First and foremost I would make aware to Bravo how ineffective and wasteful the barricade/defense placement is, and I would order a complete single cadeline to be completed within the first outer shell of the FOB within the next 5 minutes or I will threaten with dire consequences! (mostly RP tbh, I wouldn't actually shoot someone for this.) Secondly, I would order the complete reorganization of the second line entirely to form a complete second cadeline in front of the first, scrapping the half finished metal walls in the middle of the road. I will then ensure that a three plasteel cadeline is built on both the south and east entrances of FOB for APC to freely access.

I would also authorize IN COMMS that CE and MTs are to deploy to remedy this horrible FOB; Hell im not gonna lie to you- I'd even classify this as an FOB emergency. I would also ensure that the Bravo SL and engineers learn from this. (while not trying to be as rude as possible, it could be that we could have bald bravos that round)

Yeah thats one big wallotext but I actually do enjoy answering these Q's, and I like being in depth because optimally I would only have to do this round of questioning once if all goes well
    Last edited by MayorofKenya; 08-04-2022 at 06:11 AM.