Date of Incident
    July 27, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Molly

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    4:30-5:00 PST most likely

What rule(s) were broken:

Description of the incident:
    My character dropped off an S-V42 Smartpack, which was carrying extra supplies, at the FOB. Ferrying M-41 AP and 10x28mm ammo to the front, while returning with SSD to the FOB. Probably 2-3 trips besides helping wounded and rescuing those caught in sketchy situations. In any case, on the third trip, xenomorphs had outflanked the marine force and I was killed. After being revived at the FOB, I was busy treating and doing surgery of critical patients and couldn't repair out of crit due to the loss of smartpak. The smartpak was not in its original location, and staff weren't able to locate it, leading me to believe it was not only hidden, but likely destroyed via the tossing of under dropship. Similar to hiding the M5 RPG of a sadar spec, it is grief to hide or destroy(by throwing under DS) role-critical equipment. Overall, I wasn't going to make a report, but other players can be harmed by this behavior, and their rounds changed dramatically, so I am making the PR for that reason.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The only evidence I have is a great member of our community which investigated, and confirmed it was not able to be found.

What resolution are you seeking?
    The precedent should be maintained to not grief players, especially those who depend on critical equipment designed for their role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with the staff member who was trying to pull logs for this, and despite their best efforts to determine what happened, very little was able to be determined.
    The logs did show that you spoke with a member of the team who was able to confirm it was no longer in the game world, and they we able to rule out the Smartpack being melted by spitters.

It's safe to assume that either someone (whether intentionally or not) grabbed it and put it somewhere it was destroyed/deleted, or that it was eaten by one of the very rare, but not unheard of glitches that can sometimes cause an item to vanish unexpectedly.

So while it is- if it was an intentional act by a player, very much against our community expectations, practically speaking, there's not a lot we can do to determine what happened or who was involved. In cases like this, if an essential item goes missing and we can't determine what happened, staff can spawn in a replacement for you. I'll check in with our Dev Team to see if there is a way to log when something is destroyed by the dropship- like the item name, fingerprints, timestamp or something.

I'm sorry that this negatively impacted the round for multiple players, unfortunately, there's not much else we can do with the information we have available.