Felix "Cash" Taylor
    Their BYOND Key
    senen182
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:30 am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rule 0.1 - Intent
    Description of the incident
    We have someone continually joining the game spamming things. In this instance it was the CL. Well apparently the OT and the MT murdered him by stabbing. They then openly gibbed the body, cooked it, made burgers, bragged about it etc.

There were no MPs onboard, and the XO was busy; so they continued to commit crimes. They broke into the CL's office, ran around covered in blood. One of them was on mindbreaker yelling about colors etc.

I found the kitchen covered in blood, with the Cls stuff still near it. I found bloody knives. I found them breaking into his office. I took photos of everything.

I then took the photos to the XO who admitted her hands were tied but had a conversation regarding their capture.

Medical then got together and based on their continuing crimes decided to capture them we then sent a fax and nothing happened. Medical then found them (still covered in blood) gave them a slight inna overdose, cuffed them, and put them into research containment awaiting the XO.

Roughly 2-3minutes afterwards the CO came up, and took them into custody.
    Evidence
    ----XO gives us a vague approval to capture them----
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "The Major has not deputised anyone"
    Felix 'Cash' Taylor points to Molly
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "The Synthetic is not deputised"
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "And she isn't USCM"
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "Thus a civilian"
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "So you are SAYING that."
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "If some doctors."
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "Were to tak things into their own hands."
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "That we would be heros."
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "Well then when an MP does wake up"
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "Depending on said actions"
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "I gotcha."
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "Loud and clear."
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler says, "I might have to order an arrest or two"

------- one of the many witnesses---------
    2ndLt John Winters says, "I mean I'm pretty sure they admitted to killing the CL."
    2ndLt Derek Strange says, "You know, funnily enough, I was there."
    2ndLt John Winters says, "They even asked to be rewarded for it."
    2ndLt Derek Strange says, "In the kitchen."

--------admits to stealing the gear--------------
    PFC Abdullah Omar-Ali [Almayer (MT)] says, "I am the new CL"

-----------Admits to the murder-------------
    PFC Abdullah Omar-Ali [Almayer (MT)] asks, "I AM THE TRUE HERO HERE AND YOU CALL ME MURDERER?"
    PFC Bob Huey [Almayer (OT)] says, "I still think the CL killing was a good idea considering the curcumstances."

-------------Another admission----------
    Jr. Exec. Abdullah Omar-Ali [Almayer (MT)] says, "I Killed CL"
    Jr. Exec. Abdullah Omar-Ali [Almayer (MT)] says, "With my own knife"
    Jr. Exec. Abdullah Omar-Ali [Almayer (MT)] says, "But it was the thing all marines wanted"

--------------CO agrees with our capture----------
    Maj James Parker [Almayer (CO)] says, "Murder is a murder, even if the man was hated by everyone."
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler [Almayer (XO)] says, "Alright Taylor"
    2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor says, "Xo.. we are ready for our heros prize now."
    Bob Huey attempts to remove the cable restraints!
    Maj James Parker [Almayer (CO)] says, "And canibalism is even worse offense."
    Capt Celestine 'Cherub' Chyler [Almayer (XO)] says, "Where's the asshole"

------------Admin agrees with the RP--------------
    Admin PM from-Senen182: Fair enough, wild RP but the reason seems fine and logs confirm it. There's a bit of a griefey/IE vibe to it, but keep an eye on it moving forward.

-------------------------Note--------------------------------------
    The note is : Intentionally OD'd a player, had a loose IC justification for it but there's still a griefey vibe around it. Although the logs do confirm it. General reminder given regarding IE
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Removal of the note. The note in questions reads as though I hit someone with a lethal overdose or were trolling.

These were active murderers, gleefully running around covered in blood, stealing the CLs possessions, etc. IC i had many many reasons to want to stop them and take them into custody.

We hit them with only enough inna to cuff them and put them in a research cell.

I think we had far and away enough IC justification to restrain them. The overdose only lasted a minute or so.

Also the admin seemed to agree with my justification per the comment above, frankly I was surprised to still receive a note.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 07-28-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tmod was acting under my auth at the time, as they were still in training, and they weren't yet permitted to act independently. As such this report will primary be addressed against me.

In general we treated ODs, including inap ones as Grief. As such I am agreeing with the text of the note as justified especially given the relatively harmless wording of it.

While circumstances could warrant a full use of R0, I did consider that given that his action were against another player to have been still too close to IE/grief, to let it off altogether, which is why, while i do agree with most of his actions and reasoning behind them, I still felt a note was warranted. If whoever is handling this feels that this incident would have been better handled without a note altogether, I don't have any objections.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    The Tmod was acting under my auth at the time, as they were still in training, and they weren't yet permitted to act independently. As such this report will primary be addressed against me.

In general we treated ODs, including inap ones as Grief. As such I am agreeing with the text of the note as justified especially given the relatively harmless wording of it.

While circumstances could warrant a full use of R0, I did consider that given that his action were against another player to have been still too close to IE/grief, to let it off altogether, which is why, while i do agree with most of his actions and reasoning behind them, I still felt a note was warranted. If whoever is handling this feels that this incident would have been better handled without a note altogether, I don't have any objections.
    For the record I think he did a good job, especially not knowing he was in training. I just disagree with the need for a note.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get the whole picture as I arrived later in the round. The evidence provided is shockingly good though lol.

I must say that I was witness to them causing havoc on the ship, and Felix actually helped the operation by securing them away. At least, from perspective of CIC and other shipside personnel.

Lastly, I think it's fair to guess a 3x30 OD was administered, causing a non lethal knock out. Just like a taser would.
    It was not a lethal OD(though, ICly you don't know that). From an OOC perspective, I don't think any lethal force was used that would suggest the severity of the note of IE.
    The detained people had no damage when I arrived and didn't seem to have received any lethal doses, again it seemed to be nonlethal capture.

Although it was a good investigation, I think the note should be schwacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CO that round, i was aware of the murder of a character that wrote some pretty nasty stuff and that that character was turned into burgers and distributed amongst marines, though i didn't know the perps at a time and we had no mp's at all. I deployed in the round and focused on the operation, i did catch a glimpse in medical comms someone saying the murderers are in the medbay and openly talking about murder. Now ICly just because the person murdered was heinous creature does not mean the murderers should roam freely and brag openly, especially since we had no military police, and upon my return to the ship, Felix made my duties easier when he restrained them non-lethally, i deputised XO and Synth to perform arrest when i reached Research. So i don't think note is warranted, there was nothing griefy about it, they restrained murderers and cannibals non-lethally and allowed deputised XO and Synth to do their job more easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Arash_ys - Abdullah Omar-Ali (MT)
    BeardedWall - Felix 'Cash' Taylor (Doc)
    Senen182 (TMOD)
    Second party
    Third party

Abdullah joins then kills the CL at the kitchen
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Abdullah gets drugs at medbay, runs around tripping out, then breaks into CL's office
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Felix takes actions into his own hands
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senen handles a ticket about Felix
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 08-05-2022 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Removed duplicated log
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was some conversation after they woke up when they admitted to killing him. And the CO and XO showed up to arrest them. But Whether we need them or not.. staff call. I paraphrased above.

Also the MT was wearing the CLs id at the time.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs that Felix is referring to
    Spoiler Spoiler:

There were no logs of Abdullah speaking to the XO nor CO, as well as them going to arrest him. The former logs were before you joined the round. Anything else left out was deemed irrelevant for management to review. Good luck to all parties involved and have a CM day!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! That was... quite the read. So, I am going to try to be very brief with my answer.

I understand the basis for the objection to being noted, but I feel that staff took the unusual circumstances of the round into account when applying the note, and that recording that it happened is appropriate. Staff did indicate they felt it was a bit of a borderline case and that the note reflected the action that was taken- which was reminding you of IE rules.

This is a reasonable level of flexibility to account for the circumstances of the round, and I don't feel overturning the call is warranted.