Your Character Name?
    Cooter Davenport
    Their BYOND Key
    Unknown
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Unkown
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    - Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
    - This also applies to the forums. Retain some level of professionalism when posting in player reports or ban appeals.
    - Do not release information from the staff chat to the public. EVER.
    Description of the incident
    Rather than respond to my request and information. Moonshanks shuffled my ban appeal in the incorrect location and locked it.

His reply to my appeal did not denote whether, or whether not, I may re-appeal.

I had no avenue to initially contest the odd location of the appeal and where he had shuffled it to, while ignoring my response.

Fortunately, Segrain was online in server and I was able to voice my concerns with him.

Rather than accurately respond, Moon Shanks (presumably) deleted my request for additional information and placed my appeal in the correct location.

I believe Moonshanks is acting in an unconventional and unprofessional manner and has used his permissions to unjustifiably delete my reply. That is, granted, with the belief that he has deleted the reply.
    Evidence
    Unfortunately I am unable to prove that a reply was deleted. Segrain could be contacted to advise that i had in fact talked to him. Potentially someone should be able to see that he wiped my response.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    My reply to be placed back in the thread and adequate information be provided as requested.

I was initially advised by Lunarflu that Ben or Frozen could review the ban. I did not believe it was necessary initially but after observing how Moonshanks has handled this I would respectfully request that this matter be reviewed.

Moonshanks actions in the handling of this report be reviewed internally and potentially addressed should they be found to have been inappropriate.

Link to current location of ban appeal which contains conversations with Lunarflu when the ban was placed.

//showthrea...-(Discord-Ban)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved the appeal into the appeals section.

Moonshanks forgot to lock the thread when he denied your appeal, any responses after the fact wouldn't be intended because manager decisions are final. The thread was moved into resolved reports and not resolved appeals by accident.

You can appeal your ban 30 days from the date it was denied.

For the record, Moonshanks and the discord staff/volunteers discussed your ban appeal, and the overall opinion of everyone was your appeal was "I did nothing wrong, but I won't do it again." This isn't one person decided to deny your appeal for your information, managers make the final decision in all ban appeals, but they're still discussed internally. In this case input is taken from discord staff/volunteers, as opposed to a game related ban which would be admins.

Moonshanks didn't do anything improper, but I'll let Ben or Frozens resolve this.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 07-31-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it.

That is an accurate representation of my opinion. I do not believe I did anything wrong, and my thoughts are this was a matter of different opinions. Given that there is no means to communicate on Discord that limits my ability to communicate with anyone on specifics here so it's a bit odd when figuring out how to discuss this.

Thank you for the reply, and understanding given. It appeared odd and looked suspect.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soldier said moonshanks forgot to lock your appeal after it was denied.

I see no fault on Moonshanks end so this report is being denied.