July 1, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Jason North
    Their BYOND Key
    Time_URSS
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:30 AM (or so)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2 and 3 (investigate and determine seriousness)
    Description of the incident
    I, as Alpha SG shot my smartgun on the DS after the CMP said to stop firing guns. This lead to him going into the DS and attempting to arrest me (very rapidly mind you) and i called out 'Help' before pushing him over. This lead to about 6 other people also pushing him and other people undressed him so that he wouldn't flash the entire DS. The DS then took off, landed and we ran off after having kept the MP on the ground. I was accused of breaking rule 3 clarification of no shenanigans on the DS at round start, which was NOT POSTED IN THE RULES PAGE. Time_URSS's own response to this was to claim it was a violation of rule 4 instead, 'no griefing'. I don't believe I was griefing this player as I had only pushed him over to resist arrest and did not significantly impact his round beyond him not being able to arrest me nor other marines who attempted to help me of their OWN VOLITION. I was told he left the round which is what was Time_URSS's cause for escalation to note was, which I don't think is fair given that he was entirely intact with all of his gear and refused to continue playing as somebody had escaped his arrest. The need for the rule clarification is highlighted here and it's absence from the rule page at the time of the incident is why I believe this was NOT ignorance of the rules, as I was told by Thesoldier was the cause for the removal of the note to be denied.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/DxX9NA8
    These files include DMs from both Thesoldier and Time_URSS, individually related to what I have said in the description of the incident.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    I would like the note to be removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clarification - Thesoldier's messages were of his opinion and not given in an official manner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!
    I can sympathize with your frustration at having missed the message where this rule was clarified. It was posted on the main discord, as an announcement, which can be found at:
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...85030789607434 or by searching "Dropship Arrest"

However, given the circumstances surrounding this warning, I feel that a reasonable person should be able to ascertain that on an MRP server, your actions would be likely to have IC or OOC consequences. Further, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse- and while we may choose to show leniency if a rule was recently changed or the result of an uncommon bug, ect- mods are not obligated to do so.

We are aware that this particular issue did not yet get added to the Wiki, and the Wiki Maintainer has been pinged to move forward on resolving that aspect.