August 3, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Bob Huey
    Their BYOND Key
    TheeBiggest
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Server Time: 2022-08-03 01:29:44
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    There was no investigation i was considered guilty until proven innocent. i had several valid reasonings why i did what i did and i clearly explained the steps i took to specifically involve command, medbay and IO players of what had happened and what i was doing about it. still despite this and my protests to simply get another opinion "TheeBiggest" completely ignored my responses and gave me a note with no messages other than what he was telling me, he never even had the thought that i could have been justified in what i did.

My main justification:
    1.) On the CM-ss13 Wiki in the Standard operating procedures (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Standard_Op..._of_Engagement), it clearly states the following under the rules of engagement section "The use of force is authorized to disable non-compliant personnel. Hostile personnel may be killed on sight.". i would easily categorize stealing someones gun and equipment for no reason then running them over and showing only a extremely rude and unremorseful attitude the entire time is "Non-Compliant" and "hostile"
    2.) i had informed every relevant department and received responses from each telling them what happened and asking if its reasonable to do what i planned to do. all the people i contacted including, the XO, a doctor, me fellow IOs and the researchers agreed that retrieving my equipment was more than reasonable
    3.) He had stolen my weapons and equipment which means i have no way of defending myself. this is not only against SOP it is also against marine law as it is considered theft, assault, ect. i am also able to defend myself in such circumstances such as a colonist on board the ship that has recently attacked me pointing a gun at me.
    Description of the incident
    I was playing as IO and i had entered the dropship with the purpose of heading back to the ship to scan my documents. in the dropship with me was a survivor by the name of Todd 'Ikea' Winton, as i was waiting for the dropship to depart he came over to me and started attacking me and after being stunnlocked for a minute he had stolen my gun, belt and satchel, so naturally, i told him to give them back and why the fuck he did that only to be run over buy a truck he was driving in the dropship, he then continued to run me over for the entire trip all the way until we got to the ship (3-4minutes) then he drove off. throughout this event, i had been informing command and the other OTs of what was happening and that i planned to retrieve my stuff and gun (which all agreed was more than reasonable), after we landed i then told the same information to medbay and the MP who similarly agreed that its only fair i should retrieve my equipment, so after telling everyone i could i reequipped myself and started looking for him. after a while i found him near the CLs office wielding my gun and pointing it at me so i opened fire and killed him, he had also killed me in the process.

shortly after this i receive my first message from "TheeBiggest", I would guess he had already decided in his own mind i was guilty before i had a chance to respond
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/1CKxsTG
    as well as this I attempted to send him messages after he had abruptly ended this case but he did not acknowledge receiving any of my messages

i do not have any other copies of the events unfortunately as i was preoccupied responding to the messages from "TheeBiggest"

but i can imagine you would be able to pull combat logs and chat logs from the time of the incident

I apologize for not being able to provide any further information
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Removal of this incident from my profile and for "TheeBiggest" to be at least advised about what to do for any future admin issues he deals with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Todd 'Ikea' Winton. I want to say don't twist your words. When we first arrived in DS, I saw a shotgun on the floor and picked it up. Ya said something about giving it back, so I did. Ya said something about killing me would be faster, so I agro-grabbed ya till ya dropped it, then threw it out the alamo. I did not steal anything but the shotgun. When I got in the van, I did run you over, as you said you were going to c4 it. Although I did run you over, it did no damage. Then when we landed, I left you alive and went to talk to the ship CL. When talking to the ship's cl, I was fighting a mt as he shocked the CLs door where I went blind after getting stabbed in the eyes. Then ya came over, said nothing, and then ya tried to gun me down.

I also love to say I almost got noted for this but TheeBiggest looked into it and asked the people around who saw it.(people who saw it go down ship side cl most survs and a mt) they found out that ya went up to me did the shuffle slide(we both on help intent)and tried to shoot me right before we both gunned each other down.
    grammar may be bad used a online grammar checker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk how to edit but i left you alive was spouse to be i left you alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also i re read this again and this report seems to have alot of miss information to make it seem like Myself and TheeBiggest where in the wrong.1 i never took ya bag nor belt 2 i did stun you and stole ya shotgun as you threated me and said ya want to c4 the van and 3 never pointed a gun at ya as i
    was blind from a mt attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so despite the entire first 2 lines being wrong, there is a difference between saying your going to do something and actually running someone over for 5 minutes. no point arguing as im sure server logs exist.

And ill say again as an engineer colonist you are not permitted to carry guns on the Almyer as clearly stated in SOP (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Standard_Op...arty_Personnel) under "NON-modifiable SOP" in the Third-party personnel section is says
    "Marines are encouraged to peacefully recover any third-party personnel found in an area of operations and offer them refuge within their ship. All personnel recovered from a combat zone must be searched on arrival and their weapons and unauthorized items secured within the Brig performed by the MP's. They may keep their clothes and tools, provided they are not used for criminal purposes."
    And you say that I came up and just started shooting you, yes i did because you had a gun pointed at me, wielded in both your hands and ready to fire. which again under SOP means i can freely defend myself "until the other person is unable to attack the defendant"

and yes of course the horde of SURVIVORS and CL are obviously going to be on your side because they didnt see you attacking me out of the blue on the dropship, then steal my shit, then run me over for several minutes. all they saw was a marine come up and shoot you...... i thought that was very very obvious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. so again the logs im assuming will be able to clear this out so no point talking about it
    2. yes but 2 problems with this YOU stole my shit and ran me over FIRST before I said anything. Secondly there is a difference between saying your going to do something and doing something, after you robbed me i probably sad i was going to shoot you or something but i didn't, whereas u stole my shit then ran me over and said nothing so i never affected u in any way but you beat me, stole my shit and ran me over
    3. you have literally just said you were blind....... so how did you know what state your gun was in. you are adamant it wasnt wielded, But considering i was not blinded and could see you pointing it at me im just going to pretend you didnt make such a silly comment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep the report clear of discussion
    This is not the place to talk about it. Logs will shortly be posted.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SolaAqua - Todd 'Ikea' Winton
    Ticker175 - Bob Huey
    TheeBiggest - Mod

The 2 guys meeting each other, the marine wanting to use C4 in the drop ship and threatening the life of the survivor.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Survivor running the IO over for a while.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

More threats to kill the survivor and informing command about it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Survivor going on about their way and getting into another incident with someone else on the ship. IO continues their hunt.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Survivor attempts to get rubber for self defense. They also get stabbed by a 3rd party for an unrelated reason.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The shootout, first attack log is on the CL incidentally, but that is originally missed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The first set of ahelp exchanges.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Follow up investigation of the incident. Truncated near the end due to it no longer having any relevance to the IO, but only in regards to the survivor. While the last entry sounds like a question it also reflects the concision of the investigation.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

I want to start by offering a clarification which I hope will be helpful!

The rule that you are citing in your report is from Standard Operating Procedures under "Rules of Engagement".
    This section of SOP covers what is acceptable within the 'Area of Operations' (AO) - in other words, this applies to ground-side operations, and the section you are citing refers to non-compliant or hostile Personnel, meaning currently deployed USMC marines. This is an IC rule intended to cover situations where, for example, a PFC is firing on his own squad and the SL needs to act to minimize damage to the operation.

The section of the rules which apply here are the server rules on Lethal Force which can be found at:
    https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules#Rule_10._Lethal_Force

Though I can see how the conflict was very frustrating for you, that was an issue that should have been handled through either IC means- for example, reporting to MPs/CIC or OOC means- Ahelping the incident and getting guidance/intervention from CM staff as appropriate.

The reason this was ruled a violation of IE was that when you caught up with the other player, you started the fight by shooting at him (Lethal Weapons)
    The logs indicate that the staff member conducted a proper investigation into the matter and that the note is valid.