Date of Incident
    August 4, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Kryth Kross

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    -

Accused Character Name
    Felix 'Cash' Taylor | Felix Taylor

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7:30 AM Central US Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3(?) and Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    I was playing bravo SG and I was in the frontline actively fighting, marines were inside cades but some marines were fighting further in needed help so I wanted to push. The cades were cramped and there was a bunch of other marines and turret emplacements in the way so I was trying to push out. Suddenly the person in question started to tackle me just to cure my 20-40 burn damage, which at that point hadn't noticed due to the tramadol I had and was not that severely injured(not in crit)

My problem is that this medic player was tackling me in the frontline, I understand that it can be frustrating to treat in the front as marines are going around but this is just annoying, tackling marines to force them to be treated, I was not even badly damaged at the time. At the time I saw an opportunity to push with other marines and was just neglected because of this players insistence to treat my 20-40 burn damage. I tried to tackle him to vent out my frustration and admittedly, i did whip out my pistol at my annoyance with him but restraint myself to just ahelp/PR, but there were no mods to answer the ahelp in that round.

Again, my issue is that the players behavior of tackling marines in the frontline to force treatment, this is just plain up being a dick and annoying.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    None

What resolution are you seeking?
    I don't really care

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take some time to lay out the actual facts, as you are being a disingenuous on here as you were in the last round chat.

1. You were not on the frontline, you were at least 5-6 marines deep in a chokepoint. I was to the left of you, I tried to feed you kelo for your burns as you are an SG and it is an important role. You shoved me yellow intent and interupted me. I tried to feed you again, you did it again. I tried again, you did it a third time.

In fact I can prove you werent on the frontline with the following. Immediately right before our incident there was a tac map. It is attached. The only blue dot next to a yellow dot is in the direct center. Note the number of marines to the west of us. Note the number of marines between us and the front. You acting like I tackled you as the lead point person is absurd and ridiculous. You were many marines deep surrounded and boxed in.

Attachment 2199

In fact you admitted to this during our post round conversation by saying "There was no lane. IT WAS PACKED LITERALLY".

2. You were not actively fighting, you were literally so far from the action you were using binos. Again proving you werent "on the frontline",

3. Having no way of knowing you dont know how hurt you are, i tackled you and fed you the pill. You are playing SG, you have no healing meds in your system. I dont know you have meds, or UNGA, and thats not something I can assume. You were yellow health, a few more burns and you would be crit. It's my job as a medic to heal you. You could have said or done any number of things. You did none of them. Hell you could have stood still for the 1 second it takes to eat a pill.

4. You then stood up and shoved me back, which makes your entire arugment nonsense. You literally tried to shove me back in retaliation; so you were in such a hurry to push you took the time to get in a fight back? Having pushed me, I shoved you back. You then stood up and pulled a gun on me and said the ONLY thing you said the entire time to "fuck off".

Having then threated me with a gun, and said something; I left you alone.

You then flipped out post round chat, lying, insulting me and carrying on. Then you filed this report in retaliation out of pettiness because I didn't apologize to you saying literally "I complained here so you could atleast apologize or something but naw ill just make a PR it seems".

(For the record if you want someone to apologize you shouldnt start the conversation with "dude you literally need to take a fucking chill pill, holy shit" and insulting me by calling me an asshole. )

Staff you can confirm the tac map in question. It is at https://i.imgur.com/QV7yQwO.png and shows up as such in the announcement directly before our shoving. The only blue dot next to a yellow is in the center and matches up with the rest of whats going on.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 08-04-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His filing a report out of spite. Pulling a gun on someone for shoving them. Lying about the situation. Insulting me etc.

I dont know that its worth a counter report but i'll leave that up to staff. I also do not care. This whole situation is dumb.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 08-04-2022 at 12:52 PM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    In fact I can prove you werent on the frontline with the following. Immediately right before our incident there was a tac map. It is attached. The only blue dot next to a yellow dot is in the direct center. Note the number of marines to the west of us. Note the number of marines between us and the front. You acting like I tackled you as the lead point person is absurd and ridiculous. You were many marines deep surrounded and boxed in.
    n.b. the tacmap only updates once every minute and and it also takes the cic player quite some time to upload an image of it then announce it meaning that it cannot be relied on for evidence/logging

coordinate positions in logs are far more reliable
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. When I say frontline I am actively near the combat zone, I am not in the backline where there are lurkers about, or am I in a safe zone where there are no xenomorphs(FOB). So yes, I am in the frontline with this description. As for the tackling, yes I did tackle you, and this was after you had tackled me already. On the lane thing, yes I did say it was packed, as in there were lots of marines around me so i had to go through. I don't really see any problem here as again, my issue is you were tackling me near the frontline.

2. Yes I was sitting in the back and I was about to charge in as I saw a chance to push which was denied because of your antics

3. I was on tramadol and it said I was still not feeling any pain, and with burn damage, that implies im still well off, and I did have meds on me. I'm not going to further reply to this part as this is just arguing about what medic role is and what you did was irrelevant since I didn't need any treatment(I could treat myself and you had no reason to tackle me)

4. Yes I pushed you as I was annoyed due to the fact you had tackled me, opportunity to push is small in CM, and I had to take it but you stopped that which had actually bothered me.

As for the discord stuff, yes I did insult you due to my frustration due to your behavior, it was not cool. I did whip out my pistol but didn't fire at you despite me wanting to do so badly, but that would have broken the rules.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryth View Post
    1. When I say frontline I am actively near the combat zone, I am not in the backline where there are lurkers about, or am I in a safe zone where there are no xenomorphs(FOB). So yes, I am in the frontline with this description. As for the tackling, yes I did tackle you, and this was after you had tackled me already. On the lane thing, yes I did say it was packed, as in there were lots of marines around me so i had to go through. I don't really see any problem here as again, my issue is you were tackling me near the frontline.
    This is you moving the goalposts a bit. In the report and in last game chat you said "I was playing bravo SG and I was in the frontline actively fighting,". You werent actively fighting, you werent the foremost marine, you werent even on the front line. You were on the FRONT maybe.. but it's big difference between your implication that I spam tackled you as you were firing at xenomorphs as the point man; and me tackling you once while you are behind so many marines there "isnt a lane" and "it's packed", behind cades, far enough from the xenos you are using binoculars.

2. Yes I was sitting in the back and I was about to charge in as I saw a chance to push which was denied because of your antics
    Brother you immediately joined the push after our interaction. You would have been delayed by all the marines "so packed there was no lane". We are talking seconds here. Don't act like spam shoved you or cuffed you. We spent longer arguing about it than the entire interaction.

3. I was on tramadol and it said I was still not feeling any pain, and with burn damage, that implies im still well off, and I did have meds on me. I'm not going to further reply to this part as this is just arguing about what medic role is and what you did was irrelevant since I didn't need any treatment(I could treat myself and you had no reason to tackle me)
    This is the whole crux of the argument. As a medic it is my job to heal critical roles. I cannot assume that you know how hurt you are, have meds to self treat, etc. You had burns and a good amount, you are a critical role, you had no kelo, derm, or tricord in your system. As an SG you have no way of knowing how hurt you actually are. You could have said I have meds etc. You didnt. In YOUR judgement you didn't need treatment, but I judged you did, and that is kinda my job. I assumed you didnt notice me trying to feed you the pill and didnt know you were hurt. I didnt realize you were actively resisting my attempts until we got into it.

4. Yes I pushed you as I was annoyed due to the fact you had tackled me, opportunity to push is small in CM, and I had to take it but you stopped that which had actually bothered me.
    There were many many more opportunities to push. After this we pushed continually into the nest, killed the queen and won the round. Me shoving you was irrelevant. It bothered me you fought me tooth and claw over a kelo pill and then insulted me.

As for the discord stuff, yes I did insult you due to my frustration due to your behavior, it was not cool. I did whip out my pistol but didn't fire at you despite me wanting to do so badly, but that would have broken the rules.
    At the end of the day, I did this to heal you to prevent you from dying so you could do your job. I shoved you to hold you still long enough to feed you a pill. I assumed you didnt see, didnt recognize, etc. This is far from me ODing you on purpose, stealing your gear, cuffing you, etc. I didnt do it to be a dick, I did it to help you. That you are so angry over a brief shove so that a medic could feed you a kelo pill is bizarre. That you would threaten to shoot someone over a shoving match is pretty nuts (but I threaten to stab people who help intent swap me so whatever). That you got so angry about it afterward you insulted me then filed a report out of spite is disappointing.

I mean your resolution is literally "I dont really care" and you didnt bother to put any evidence. This is just a waste of everyone's time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let the staff decide, as I said in the report, my only problem is the fact you are tackling me near the frontline and that action itself is quite annoying and just being a dick.

As for lack of evidences, I have internet issues, so I could not grab past longs as the chat logs were deleted.

As for the resolution, its not my place to give you the punishment, I don't care what specific punishment is given, thats on them.

I filed a PR because I wanted it dealt in the game but there were no mods online, I would have ignored this incident afterwards but your words in LRC made me think otherwise. I have nothing to add more. I'll let the staff handle the rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Kryth - Kryth Kross (SG)
    BeardedWall - Felix 'Cash' Taylor (Medic)

Incident described by Kryth
    Spoiler Spoiler:

There were no further incidents between any of the involved parties or to other people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reviewing the logs, this looks like something that would have been mediated by staff in game.
    It looks like both players involved felt that they were trying to play out their role, and both felt that the other was getting in the way of their being able to do so. It doesn't look to me like this conflict was a violation of our server rules, going forward, please try to remember that there are other people behind the screen, and that the people you are interacting with may have their own priorities and style of play.

When that happens, sometimes it's best to just let people know they are getting on your nerves, and move on- which it looks like both players did.

I'm sorry to see that the interaction left both of you frustrated after the fact, but I hope a little time and reflection is enough for both of you to see the other's perspective and let go of any hard feelings.