Their BYOND Key
    MrDadMan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4:45pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2,3,5. The seriousness one being the most important
    Description of the incident
    A marine joined named Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden. Note the Catgirl

People acted silly, calling to have her killed etc.

Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden began to meow.

Multiple people said to kill her, quarantine her, etc. The CMO demanded we scrub medical. Multiple people called her degenerates.

She then admitted multiple times to liking anime and manga.

I then made a goofy announcement, got bwoinked and noted. No one else did. The marine didnt.
    Evidence
    The following was not noted. ALL of below over public voice channels/medical:

2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg [MedSci (Doc)] says, "MEDICAL UBERLEUTANT EMERGENCY"

2ndLt Gordon Duran [MedSci (Doc)] says, "Quarantine them

1stLt Homer Bennett [MedSci (CMO)] asks, "Did she walk past MY medbay?"

1stLt Homer Bennett [MedSci (CMO)] exclaims, "Who let her in?!"

2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg [MedSci (Doc)] says, "IT'S IN ALAMO, IT WILL DEGENERATE THE PLANET AS WELL"

1stLt Homer Bennett [MedSci (CMO)] says, "Okay docs, we have new job to do. get a mop and a LOT of water."

1stLt Homer Bennett [MedSci (CMO)] says, "We're cleaning medbay"

1stLt Homer Bennett [MedSci (CMO)] says, "It has been stained"

2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg [MedSci (Doc)] yells, "IT ALREADY HAD BEGAN TO GAIN SIMPS!"

2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg [MedSci (Doc)] exclaims, "It will start streaming soon!"

PFC Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden says, "Yes, I like anime."

2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg [MedSci (Doc)] says, "IT LIKES ANIME TOO"

PFC Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden [Almayer (Charlie RFN)] says, "JUST WAIT TILL YOU FIND MY SECRET MANGA STASH"

PFC Bernard Burkhammer [Almayer (Alpha RFN)] asks, "Kill her?

NOT okay and noted:

2ndLt Felix 'Cash' Taylor [Almayer (Doc)] says, "CO., we have a catgirl onboard, she admitted to liking anime. SET RED ALERT."
    What resolution are you seeking?
    I was obviously joking, along with everyone else, all officers. Why a marine is allowed to act like a catgirl, be called a catgirl, meow, etc. and that was NOT considered LRP. Other officers are allowed to yell and call for her to be killed and thats fine.

But my single message was picked out of a sea of other jokes when even higher ranking people were saying stuff and deemed not okay.

I want the note removed and MrDadman to relax a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm understanding from this report is that half of this is because I punished you specifically but not two others involved.

I did not note you because you were talking about catgirls with your other coworkers. In fact, we've long known that Katherine plays and acts like this but continue to allow it because it's not below our roleplay expectancy. Acting out among friends is expected, and we rarely would punish people for trying to have fun with their friends.

The issue that I noted you over is that you contacted the most senior officer onboard while being a commissioned officer yourself and acted like that to them, which is not within our RP standards. If it were real life, you would lose your position entirely for speaking like that to your Major, if not severe punishment due to lack of discipline. That's why I decided to note you and not the other people involved.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, as I see that I am being made a source of a problem here, I will allow myself to express my view on the matter.

I am not a new player, I have been here for around 1.5-2y with various levels of activity, as either Kiyomi 'Galah' Nobuhara or Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden. Now, I see the nickname is the main concern and that I am accused of lrp behaviour, therefore I would like to explain some things:
    First of, I don't see how the nickname should be restricted. In my view, in comparison to other nicknames, it is nothing extraordinary. You can always ask why such nickname and you will either hear "because of cringe", "because my catgirl manga stash got found" or "because I act as one" etc., depending on my mood and the vibe of interaction. Some people reacts poorly, while it brought attention or sparked interactions with some fun ICs, sometimes extending even to OOC friendships. Also considering that I am around for quite some time, it is nothing unusual to be known by staff and have nickname excused due to displayed behaviour. I am not even friends with Amber, therefore I don't see how they could be biased by deciding to not take action against me.

As for the behaviour - I will "meow" once in a year before or after briefing for the funny chases or hilarious reactions. We are jarheads in space, who just got out of hypersleep, I don't see why I or other people can't be little goofy without disrupting actual op. Otherwise, it is fully fleshed out character, with developed backstory and acting either as bloodthirsty moron or professional. As for goofying around with friends - remember that we had our lives prior to going to hypersleep, it is realistic to know others and be friends with them, allowing myself for some more goofy behaviour around them. There is more to the character than nickname.
    EDIT: you can even see in my withdrawn synth app feedback on my rp: //showthrea...5502#post75502 "Her communication is quite impeccable when it's not memey, so the RP side of a synth is fully covered." or On more than one occasion, when I was taken away as either XO or CO to do some other task, Katherine has not hesitated to assume command in my stead provided there is no one to take the place aside from her. In these few circumstances, Katherine has performed with skill I've not noticed in many other XOs or even some COs, as her announcements are common but not overbearing, are very specific and mission-oriented, and it is all seamless." - with that example I want to note trying to be respectful of rank when higher in chain of command and using announcements properly, without being distracting.

As for the reported situation itself:
    I didn't provoke our interactions. It was the other characters that started the encounter and seeing how it escalates, I just played along. It is also in line with the character to provoke others when they start acting dumb about her. Also I believe there is nothing wrong with mentioning type of media existing in some countries. In my view, you are just excusing being carried away and blaming your fault onto my nickname mainly and to some extent my behaviour, which was provoked by the initial encounter between us.
    Last edited by KathHayden; 08-07-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDadMan View Post
    What I'm understanding from this report is that half of this is because I punished you specifically but not two others involved.

I did not note you because you were talking about catgirls with your other coworkers. In fact, we've long known that Katherine plays and acts like this but continue to allow it because it's not below our roleplay expectancy. Acting out among friends is expected, and we rarely would punish people for trying to have fun with their friends.

The issue that I noted you over is that you contacted the most senior officer onboard while being a commissioned officer yourself and acted like that to them, which is not within our RP standards. If it were real life, you would lose your position entirely for speaking like that to your Major, if not severe punishment due to lack of discipline. That's why I decided to note you and not the other people involved.

This argument makes no sense and is contradictory to itself. Multiple people (including officers) called to MURDER her. She (a trained marine) started meowing at officers and talking about anime which would be punished "due to lack of discipline". Even people in the military make jokes. You acknowledge you know it was a joke, we were having fun; no one took the call seriously. In fact I didnt use command channel or anything else, just ship comms.

The other doctor literally said it was an EMERGENCY to the head of his department, the leader of medical; and you gave that a pass.

I do not want them punished, as I told you in ahelps. Everyone was having a silly time.

I want you to re-evaluate where you draw the line; where CMO is fine ordering the "cleansing" of medical because she walked through it but I making a once sentence joke is so beyond the pale you note me for it.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also regarding "losing my position talking to a major" that would ingame be the Major's decision. And not a single officer, CIC staff, the head of medical, or anyone else objected to my (or anyone elses) comments.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I want to reiterate I don't want anyone punished not even MrDadman. It was funny and a good time right up to the bwoink

Literally have people hitting each other with folding chairs and committing canablism every 3rd round... I think the "military discipline" argument has flown.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medsci logs, in full duing the incident. Almayer ones, just relating to the incident, and a few extra say logs which are only for Felix and Katherine.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp interations, in the round regarding the incident. notably 2 mods were involed in the incident, MrDadMan and SimMiner later on.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I suspect these few ahaleps are likely related in the next round, tho they never go anywhere.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reviewing the logs, I think that the staff members involved were trying to find a balance between letting RP unfold and shutting down what was crossing a line. PFCs insulting each other is one thing, but I agree with what MrDadMan stated above: "...you contacted the most senior officer onboard while being a commissioned officer yourself and acted like that to them, which is not within our RP standards." It's not appropriate, as an officer to make this sort of statement to the Major. If the major had joined in, then I would expect that they would have been noted as well.

We try to find a balance between keeping up roleplay standards and letting people have room to make jokes/be a little silly among friends, and one of the ways we try to accomplish this is in expecting people to act their rank, and staff try to find a balance between stepping in and letting RP unfold.

I am concerned that so many people decided to make a big deal over someone's IC nickname in such an aggressive way, but I am, as I feel staff was at the time, extending the benefit of the doubt that this was IC hazing, and as such, they decided to step in when it was brought to their attention that an officer was trying to loop the Major into this behaviour.

I do agree that the CMO was also crossing the line with their comments and position, but your ahelp regarding it was:

BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor): did you note the other doctor too? I want to be on the lookout for his report.
    SimMiner->BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor): Which Doctor was it? while I did catch some of the chatter, I didn't catch who the other guy was.
    ADMIN: PM: BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor)->SimMiner/(Raul Garrison): 2ndLt Adolf Von Brandenburg
    ADMIN: PM: SimMiner->BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor): Checking now
    ADMIN: PM: BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor)->SimMiner/(Raul Garrison): Id ont want him noted, I want to know if what he said was noted, when what I said was noted.
    ADMIN: PM: SimMiner/(Raul Garrison)->BeardedWall/(Felix 'Cash' Taylor): Adolf's last note was a few months ago...

Which I don't feel provided the appropriate info for SimMiner to follow up on, and seems to have been more about trying to find something to complain about, than actually looking to have the improper comments looked into and handled.

MrDadMan acted appropriately in handling the ahelp in regards to your actions.
    SimMiner was told you didn't want the doctor noted, you just wanted to know when their last note was. They provided exactly what you asked them for.
    Your note is valid and will remain.

I will be noting the CMO player for their part in this, due to RPing one's rank and role as mentioned above.

And finally, I hope you reflect on whether this was IC joking and giving a friend a hard time, or if you, as a mentor, chose to pile on and treat someone like dirt for laughs.
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 08-22-2022 at 02:19 AM.