Byond ID?
    Aliannera

CM Character?
    Verimonia Reyada

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US Central

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Probably around 15-20, depending on my work schedule.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Formerly adminned on /tg/.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Sometimes /tg/, but have only played on CM for quite some time.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If this is just a single shot, I'll likely see it as a misclick and allow things to play out IC. However, if the player has notes of prior behavior of doing this in the past or it seemed to be clearly hostile, PM the player to warn and note, or ban as deemed appropriate under Rule 4.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    These are matters for the predator council, and I'll direct the player to the Report a Player form. I will make note of the round and the predator in question however for logs to be found.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ping the player asking if they need help, and direct them to a mentor if one is available or assist myself if one is not.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Ask them to calm down or attempt to settle them down and figure out what's wrong, and direct the player to the Report a Staff Member form if they believe I've actually done something wrong. If they continue to be rude, warn them to tone it down and note it under Rule 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check notes, if it's the first time warn them not to have such a name under Rule 12 and to change it for the next round. Place a note and see if an Admin is on to change their name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Just running around in armor and with a gun is an IC issue for the MPs to carry out. Still, I'll also check for notes of powergaming in the past and PM if they have past behavior of such.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Do a quick check if the survivor did go right to being hostile. If the survivor stated they were going to be hostile, this is an IC issue as survivors are allowed to be hostile so long as they do so and don't turn friendly later, or have started friendly and then went turncoat. In those cases, a warning would be needed, and a survivor ban if they have a history of doing so.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM the MP in question and ask what the charge was and what the full story is. Check notes for prior behavior and if things don't check out, warn or ban depending on past history.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Send out a Queen Mother message telling the xenos they should fight to the death for the glory of the hive, or subtle message the queen to begin her assault on the ship.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Given I'm involved I am unable to act as moderator, and thus will ahelp myself in order to get another moderator to handle the situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EROG does not apply in the case of CLF vs Marine, and as such this is an IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    PM the player in question asking him not to be so disruptive at round start, which I've seen even small disruptions spiral out of control. Warn and apply a note or ban if this is a pattern based on previous notes based on Rule 4.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is a case of poor escalation and a violation of Rule 14. Apply a temp ban to the murderer marine, the length depending on if there's a history of jumping to lethals.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Use LOOC to tell the marines they need to ahelp with the leader of the mutiny and the names of five members of the mutiny and the reason behind the mutiny per Rule 17. This is for logging the mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the player this sort of stuff is an IC issue. However, if it becomes excessive, PM the player in question or LOOC if it is multiple asking them to tone it down.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is likely a greifer, try to aheal or ask for aheals to those affected, apply a seven day ban to the player and file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the player asking why they did that, and apply a xeno ban if it seemed like an obvious suicide rush or that's what the player intended, as well as a temp ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the xeno and tell him that this is low RP. He has to follow the queen's orders and get in line. If he has a past history for doing this, apply xeno job ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It is fine for xenos to call it a dropship and this is a non-issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the command player and inform him that he does not know the xenos are on the planet, warning to not do so in the future and applying a note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If the marine told the other marine to get off so he could evac, and properly escalated up to where his only recourse to get on board was to kill the other, then this is an IC issue, if a bit of a dick move. However, if the marine just jumped straight to lethals, or perhaps there other pods around still able to be taken, then this could warrant a ban under Rule 14.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform the player if he believes I'm mistaken, to use the Report a Staff Member form to let it be handled. Ask him to cool things down, but if he continues to be disruptive, applying a short ban under Rule 3 to allow them to cool off may be necessary if they're being heavily disruptive with LOOC.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an unfortunate situation, but not much can be done about it and it is an IC issue. Internet disconnects happen, BYOND breaks, but that's how it goes.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Help them out in msay to correctly enforce the rule. If needed, inform the manager so as to make sure the staff member knows for the future how to handle it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Ask them to keep things civil at least and not let it turn totally hostile, then bring things up with the manager or admins to further handle the situation. The moderator handling the ban has jurisdiction, so it's ultimately up to the higher ups.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I enjoy this community, and have met quite a few good people through it. I've done moderator work in the past, and know it can be somewhat stressful. But generally it's to help keep things running as smoothly as it can, and I want to help keep that running.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being professional and remembering that every person playing the game is doing so to have fun. One should always remain friendly and not try to come across as overly harsh, and should strive to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves.

Anything else you
    There's free cookies with this, yes? No? Well darn.

Of note, while I am US Central, I am a complete night owl due to working graveyard shifts. As such, I often am on in lowpop times.

Feel free to ask any questions needed of me!

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good play time in the past 3 months, about 60ish hours each month, only one note ever, and as far as I can tell, basically flawless answers. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upstanding Member of the Community

very nies

big +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked with them prior on TG and they were a fantastic admin.

Besides not really needing to ever use looc to communicate with players, and a thing or two they couldn't know without being staff, perfect answers and I know they can do the job.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing which you probably didn't know is that mods have the option to change names now, but everything else was fine
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive +1, great app, previous admin, wonderful member of the community.

Whitelisted Synthetic Adralimas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeahsure! +1!

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application is good and I like your answers.
    You've received a lot of support already which shows me you're well known, I'll give you my +1 too.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good answers.

+1 all the way

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with you. You show yourself well in game, and the answers were not that bad. However I'm not entirely sure we need more mods atm.