Date of Incident
    August 13, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Katerina 'Inspector' Rose

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Mormaethor

Accused Character Name
    Kaori 'Mad Dog' Yamashita (iirc)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~13:00 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11. Marine Law

Description of the incident:
    CMP - Player being reported here
    CO - James Parker

Basically, I shotgunned into SO's bunks, going for headsets, when they were already taken by the CO. I get arrested for that, charged with minor DGTP by the CMP.
    After being brigged for a total time of 7.5 minutes, I kindly ask both the CMP *and* the CO to change my sentence to an NJP. The CO agrees, and orders the CMP over a comms channel not visible by me. The CMP does not inform me of the fact that the CO ordered an NJP at ANY point in time in that round, and instead argues with the CO as to "how I will refuse the NJP and increase my sentence by refusing an ordered NJP". At no point in time do I recall saying that I do not want an NJP. The only reason I even knew that the CO ordered an NJP is because they DMed me after the round. I end up serving my sentence time, clueless about the CO's NJP order.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    -

What resolution are you seeking?
    A warning in the form of a note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my understanding, they made a remark which I interpreted as them not caring about the NJP anymore, which led to me arguing against the CO ordering it as I didn't want to slap them with another charge for refusing. (the CO did order to add resisting arrest if they refused the NJP)
    It was never my intention to deny them the NJP, just to shorten their brig time.

There is a chance that I misinterpreted their remark, and I definitely should have informed them about the CO ordering it, which I forgot to do.

Whitelisted Predator Waseemq1235's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormaethor View Post
    From my understanding, they made a remark which I interpreted as them not caring about the NJP anymore, which led to me arguing against the CO ordering it as I didn't want to slap them with another charge for refusing. (the CO did order to add resisting arrest if they refused the NJP)
    It was never my intention to deny them the NJP, just to shorten their brig time.

There is a chance that I misinterpreted their remark, and I definitely should have informed them about the CO ordering it, which I forgot to do.
    I do want to say that if I do refuse it, it's my problem, not yours, I would take full responsibility for that and would very nicely take the additional charge, because it's by my own choice. You shouldn't be making that choice in my place, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I'm concerned, you can save pulling the logs and just add the note. We discussed it on Discord prior and I definitely did not inform them about the CO ordering the NJP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CO that round and i will say that the entire experience during that was bizare to say atleast. I was the lone CIC officer during begining of the operation and the very newly awakened XO was not aware what was going on the ground, so i could not have gone to brig myself to attend the matter personally. The character of the person who wrote this report clearly told several times over general comms asking for NJP over arrest for minor crime, now before i made sure to issue NJP over arrest, i communicated clearly with police department over charges and went myself to check the crime scene which took me less then 30 seconds, concluding that indeed NJP was prefferable to arrest. What happened was CMP or the accused trying to convince me that the prisoner stated that they dont care about anything and they dont want anything, that they dont want NJP even though just 2 minutes ago the prisoner clearly asked for NJP. I made it clear several times that i want NJP issued while CMP was trying to hamper me with questions do i really want to risk them refusing and spending aditional time, which he should not have done as CMP should have complied with my orders immediately, finishing our arguments with, that i should just better let them stay in cell till the brig timer end since they were left 3 minutes according to CMP (i, myself was not aware how much time was left). Now since i was completely focused on the operation at hand, i let it go and i did not have time to focus on the brig and CMP at all the entire round. And yes, MP department believed that the prisoner distributed radio headsets but could not have prove it even though i told them i was the one who took it and distributed to squad leaders. These are my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite accurate.
    One, it took you quite some time to understand the situation as you failed to notice half my radio transmissions.
    Two, we did not accuse the prisoner of distributing headsets, we accused (and rightly so) them of breaking into SO bunks. They admitted to having tried stealing command headsets, and only failed in doing so because they were distributed before. That doesn't change the crime itself, being DtGP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was slow in responding at first due to the operation itself taking most of my attention, and yes you wanted to halt the dropship from launching to find headsets though i told you i distributed them myself but this is not what i have problems with, what i have problems with is that you second guessed my order about issuing njp several times and decided for the prisoner that they dont want NJP. I left it alone and I direct messaged the accuser to check the facts because the only correct way to deal with MPs and stuff like this is OOCly. I said my piece and will not argue anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit: I direct messaged OP only after round ended to avoid any confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I did not want to halt launch to find the headsets. I did halt launch to arrest Rose. We did not hold launch for longer than it took to arrest them. We did not search the DS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:
    Waseemq1235 - Katerina 'Inspector' Rose (PFC)
    Mormaethor - Kaori 'Mad Dog' Yamashita (CMP)
    Second Party
    Third Party

CMP arrests Katerina
    Spoiler Spoiler:

They arrive to brig
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Katerina gets the CO involved
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO confronts the CMP over comms about an NJP
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 08-16-2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary symbols and ckeys for those not directly involved.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler: