NuggetsOnToast
    Date of Incident
    August 14, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Rob Warraker
    Their BYOND Key
    backsea
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 10pm CST (I'm in the Uk sorry if the time is wrong)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 2: Failing to investigate the situation properly
    Description of the incident
    I was a PFC and found a survivor body in medical bay. After hearing that FOB needed metal on req comms I wanted to strip the materials from its bag, also not wanting to miss drop I drag the body onto the alamo as it starts to launch. The doctor who I ended up shoving over like 100 times tried to block me entering the ship by running in my way like 5 times and when on the ship tried to take the body and push me off it. The alamo at this point launches and the fight begins.

He started the fight as Backsea said themselves in our ahelp chat. I quickly get the upper hand disarming the doctor multiple times enough to keep him stunlocked twice hoping to not have him attack me before we land. The doctor gets up and I don't chase, but for some reason the doctor decides to pull out an inap injector and inject me. I know an inap OD can cause damage and KO you almost instantly. This annoys me and ICly I see this as a threat and I shove him again, he drops the needle and falls over, I strip him to buy time and try to walk off the ship with the body I wanted the metal from and my spare gear bag. This resulted in more attempted shoving from the doctor and more shoving from me.

The doctor chased me off the ship and it was clear he wanted the body and he kept shoving me and taking it from me. The PO then gets involved and asks me for the body, the PO takes the body, and asks about the fight I think, I mention twice maybe three times that the doctor ODd me. During this talk the fight continues and I keep winning, I end up shoving him over like 20 times maybe more but he keeps trying. By this point I think I had asked for an apology from the doctor over the OD a few times, all I wanted ICly and OOCly was an apology and it could have ended. The doctor insulted me and refused. At this point a random marine joins the fight disarm spamming me over and I explain to him that the doctor tried to OD me.

He tells me to "grow up" which is a retarded way to deal with what can be seen ICly as an attempt to incapacitate you with drugs. At this point I say "Nigga" I do not point or target it at him. Poor word to use I accept but I used it at my disbelief at what was happening. I apologise if said player took offence, however it was never directed at them personally but at the entire situation.

After saying that the marine draws a knife and walks a tile closer. I don't attack or shove him I say something like "Do it you retard" and I call him a "Pussy" or something. At this point ICly and OOCly I was annoyed at the sheer stupidity of him pulling a knife with no fucking idea about the situation they stuck their nose in.

Insults are exchanged and the marine instigates a fist fight with me, which I engage in also. This fist fight continues and the doctor from the start joins in again. I ask for an apology from the doctor again at some point but the doctor injects me again with a needle which Backsea has since informed me was oxy. The doctor also at this point said something weird like "Fear the analyser" which I can only take as a threat after being injected multiple times over the course of the fight.

At this point I think the ticket is opened which is when the fight dies down as I stop to deal with the ticket and explain the scenario. I would also like to hear apologise to Backsea, I was quite heated in the moment and was pretty mad in the ahelp chat.

Not sure what happened to the doctor or the marine but they both disappeared as the ticket started and I didn't see either of them again for the round.

This was an incredibly stupid incident which somehow Backsea took as me trying to stoke fires. Not once during the interaction did I do anything but shove the people that attacked me first. Hence racking up I think a total of like a 150 shoves in the round. The doctor decided to escalate by drugging me, and the marine decided to punch me and start a fight. The only time I drew a weapon was when the doctor injected me a second time but I decided not to fire because it seemed overkill.

All I fucking wanted was materials for the FOB and an IC sorry from the guy who injected me. I ended up with no materials, losing my gear bag, getting injected a few times which decided to ahelp me because they started a fight which they lost. I see myself as being well within my right to incapacitate the doctor from the first time he tried to KO me with inap but failed, but I specifically DIDN'T want to escalate things.

There was also a second ticket opened by simminer later in the round as it was still being investigated and talked about, but it was short and related to the backsea one and I'm not really sure what happened with it.
    Evidence
    The logs.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    I simply do not understand how this has resulted in a note, it was a stupid messy shove fight which ended in no fatalities and with me losing my things ICly.

Both other players involved showed just as much hostility ICly to me as I showed to them, but they are both the ones who escalated things to injections and punching.

I don't want either of the players noted, I don't want any of the staff noted, I would just like my note removed for LRP.

What I did ICly was solely in reaction to what I perceived ICly as a threat to my marines life which I would say is reasonable when considering the steps the doctor took and when the situation dissipated I didn't chase them down or harass them on radio. All I did was fight my case in the ahelp chat and go play the rest of my round out.

Simply because the amount of times I shoved that guy was that high, it does not mean it wasn't ICly the best way to reasonably and non lethally defend myself when the player was coming after me.

How was it LRP for me to try and stop them from assaulting me? And how the hell did you get to the conclusion that I was trying to escalate things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I am played Atiqtalaaq 'Polar' Waska, the 'random' marine (Charlie Engineer) from the end of the third paragraph.

My Perspective: I spawned, I got my gear together, I go to the dropship. I see Warraker and the MacTavish - whom I was CMO of the previous round, and knew to be generally stable and good at roleplay, had reason to believe was not some shitter - in a shoving match. I think nothing of it because that stuff happens all the time and because nobody is getting hurt. I roleplay with some fellow Charlies, approach the bar, and got my ass beat by a single runner because I am bad at the videogame. I now have some broken bones I want fixed, and go back to the LZ. Warraker was still shove-spamming that doctor, whom I was hoping could fix my bones, as MacTavish had deployed last round for field surgery. I ask 'What did the doctor do to you', try to figure-out what's up and involve myself. I was then politely greeted.
    At this point I say "Nigga" I do not point or target it at him. Poor word to use I accept but I used it at my disbelief at what was happening. I apologise if said player took offence, however it was never directed at them personally but at the entire situation.
    Nuthin' Personel.png

Now, I recognize that my opinion of MacTavish is more informed than Warraker likely was, but to me this looked like some PFC who had been harassing a doctor since deployment had just called me a slur just about the first moment they actually said anything, said that this doctor - who they brought all the way to the LZ and was STILL shoving - 'drugged' them despite the fact that when I had overseen all of last round's medical MacTavish never made anything illicit. I understand some people throw the r-slur around because it's "fine in a friendly context", and wanted to make things clear right away. I drew my knife well away from them, said I was NOT their friend, I did NOT appreciate the remark, and that they had better things to do than to grief some doctor.

Warraker then proceeded to call me another slur, call me a pussy, and say I 'wouldn't do it'. So I stowed my knife and punched the clown, but not before they drew their shotgun. I seemed blatantly to me like Warraker was some griefer who had stolen twenty minutes from a skilled doctor's round and was baiting provoked marines into a fight so that they could PB them and claim 'escalation'. They mentioned being told 'fear the analyzer', which I also assumed was possibly either a poor reason to be aggro or made-up since a health analyzer is an item that has no capacity to harm someone. Despite this, they were shouting "I WAS THREATENED, THEY SAID FEAR THE ANALYZER", which just sounded like "THEY SAID 'FEAR THE MRE WRAPPER, I'M DEFENDING MYSELF!' I get into a shove-off long enough for MacTavish to get back to the dropship and for an Alpha Medic to also tell Warraker to stop their behavior, and an Alpha RTO to also say "I would like some medical attention from that person you're stunlocking on the ground." I get on the dropship with MacTavish, they fix my fractures, and I walk clear past Warraker on my way to reinforce the FOB.

In Conclusion: Warraker's POV provides information I was not aware of, and I am sure that mine also has information or perspectives they did not possess at the time. Cooler heads took a while to prevail, here. While it's up to staff to decide in the end whether or not Warraker's behavior was LRP, I firmly believe that even the highest of roleplay couldn't justify robbing so much of a round from someone over a petty argument when I had already viewed Warraker calling for MPs and repeatedly 'winning' the disarm spam, while our fellow marines were torn to shreds without them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    Hello, I am played Atiqtalaaq 'Polar' Waska, the 'random' marine (Charlie Engineer) from the end of the third paragraph.

My Perspective: I spawned, I got my gear together, I go to the dropship. I see Warraker and the MacTavish - whom I was CMO of the previous round, and knew to be generally stable and good at roleplay, had reason to believe was not some shitter

Now, I recognize that my opinion of MacTavish is more informed than Warraker likely was, but to me this looked like some PFC who had been harassing a doctor since deployment had just called me a slur just about the first moment they actually said anything, said that this doctor - who they brought all the way to the LZ and was STILL shoving - 'drugged' them despite the fact that when I had overseen all of last round's medical MacTavish never made anything illicit. I understand some people throw the r-slur around because it's "fine in a friendly context", and wanted to make things clear right away. I drew my knife well away from them, said I was NOT their friend, I did NOT appreciate the remark, and that they had better things to do than to grief some doctor.
    You have just admitted that you made your choice ICly based on a prejudice OOC thought from a completely unrelated round to make an ill-informed decision twice. You also chose to ignore me multiple times ICly when I told you what the doctor did to me unapologetically. Which you didn't give a shit about because apparently you had already used OOC bias to make up your mind.

This is why I was annoyed at you and you made the situation worse than it was already, because you stuck your nose into business, assuming the situation incorrectly and acting stand off-ish ICly

Why the fuck would you take a prejudice about a player into the round and act on it? I acted on what happened in the there and the now ICly, not based off OOC information. Its a little stupid to assume people do nothing bad ICly because "last round they didn't do anything bad when I was looking"
    If you have CM brain rot don't talk to me.

Less than polite marine Rob Warraker
    Synthetic Units Rook and Monty
    Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsOnToast View Post
    Why the fuck would you take a prejudice about a player into the round and act on it? I acted on what happened in the there and the now ICly, not based off OOC information. Its a little stupid to assume people do nothing bad ICly because "last round they didn't do anything bad when I was looking"
    There is precedent for "reputation", IE not every drop is our first drop any more and you can remember that someone really enjoys Mod 88 with heavy rounds, so you may be able to save them some speedloaders.
    ICly: I had broken bones that needed fixing, and some guy had been pushing the now-stripped guy who could fix my fractures for the lion's share of half an hour with no attempt to wirecuff them or just leave them to MPs - which you called for -, then called me slurs. The doctor, comparatively, did not do those things. I also hoped they could still fix my fractures.

OOCly: It seems like we have a griefer every other round. MacTavish deployed for field surgery the previous round, and positively stocked the fridge. Some other marine was screaming about them drugging him and - instead of ahelping for incredibly poor behavior or just walking out the FOB so the doctor could be shredded - tackle-spammed them a dozen dozens time. I then got called a different insult or slur for each insult when I tried to actually let the other player go and get my treatment, and resolved that you were the griefer. We then had a punch-out and instead of trying to extend it to twenty minutes, I stopped when the nearby Alpha medic split us up and the doctor was on the dropship. I am sure we can both agree this was a more productive use of time than ten more minutes of shove-spamming like this was /TG/.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    There is precedent for "reputation", IE not every drop is our first drop any more and you can remember that someone really enjoys Mod 88 with heavy rounds, so you may be able to save them some speedloaders.

OOCly: It seems like we have a griefer every other round. MacTavish deployed for field surgery the previous round, and positively stocked the fridge. Some other marine was screaming about them drugging him and - instead of ahelping for incredibly poor behavior or just walking out the FOB so the doctor could be shredded - tackle-spammed them a dozen dozens time. /TG/.
    Every round is a soft reset. You can remember those little things like you mentioned however it should not provide any pretext for you to automatically assume I'm a griefer because I'm in a fight with a guy you've seen get into another fight in some other random fuck off round.

Also where did you get this idea that I called the MPs? It was the doctor who called the MPs on me. Yet he kept trying to chase me himself instead of as you just said letting the MPs handle it. Also why would I cable tie escalating the situation to attempted kidnapping when I was just doing fine shoving him over when he ran at me?

You act like this doctor has a level of morale high ground above me when really we are both to blame as both decided to continue the fight and it was him who started it in the first place?

Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at the time of this incident i was the only staff member online until about halfway through dealing with this, during this time i was dealing with this i was playing and could only jump over halfway through the incident, then i was hit with a few other Ahelps, i do feel i couldve investigated better but at the same time i feel that with the amount of things i was dealign with i investigated pretty thouroughly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Brygun - Brygun 'Railgun' McTavish
    NuggetsOnToast - Rob Warraker
    Backsea - Jacklyn 'Bad Frag' Sahara
    Second party
    Third party

Situation between Rob and the doctor
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Backsea gets involved
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This log pull has been nothing but eye opening into the way staff handle things in current CM.

I'm not sure if there is some prejudice against me just because you can't keep your own personal bias out of your job. But actively wishing me to have not followed escalation so you can punish me further seems a childish and toxic mindset to have as a member of staff.

I'm not asking you to like me, just to judge me fairly.

You can read in these logs yourselves that I was given the note before it was even decided that I followed escalation properly. Which the mods then decided I DID follow them properly and even got annoyed that I did.

Instead of fixing this mistake or issue Backsea just says "im jus gonna ignore him" and thats the end of it and I was left with this stupid note. Whereas the fucking doctor who broke escalation rules only gets a verbal??????????????????

Judging all of this my opinion on the Resolution of this report has changed.

Not only do I still want the note removed but also I do now infact want Backsea to receive a note on their staff record for this obvious misconduct and laziness in dealing with a staff ticket. And even though its clearly just a bad joke Tsunamico shouldn't be joking about overly punishing players and wishing them to break rules.

Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! There are two primary aspects to this report, if the LRP note written for NuggetsonToast was appropriate, and if it was appropriate to give Brygun a verbal warning.

The note that Backsea issued to NuggetsonToast reads:
    "Noted for LRP, player shoved another player over 120 times, in what i can only assume was a attempt for the other player to escalate beyond shoving."

In reviewing the logs, NuggetsonToast did use shove quite a few times. While there isn't a set limit on this, a few other things in the logs do lead me to agree that this interaction fell below the standards which we hope to see from players.

Wanting to grab equipment/supplies from the dead survivor is fine, but even as a PFC, taking a corpse from Lower Med without permission is pushing the limit of reasonable behaviour.

When the doctor attempted to intervene, rather than letting them know that you just wanted the equipment, you responded with shoving multiple times.

Given that the doctor started off with a punch, this could be an understandable response, but I feel it was a reasonable judgement call by the mod when the shoving and punching continued to the degree that the doctor was prevented from assisting other players because you continued.

Strictly speaking, the interaction between NuggetsonToast and Brygun is much closer to Rule 4. No griefing, which reads: "Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason."

It looks as though when Backsea was handling this ticket, they looked at both the severity of the interaction and that there was some provocation from Brygun, and due to this, chose to record this as a warning for LRP (Rule 2, Sanity.)

I would like to see notes be a little more complete in cases like this, but such is not grounds for removal of the note

The logs show that Brygun did not follow CM's rules of escalation, by using an injection as a means of defense twice.

The logs also show that Backsea investigated, contacted Brygun, clarified that the injections were improper escalation and gave a verbal warning to avoid repeating this in the future.

Taking the circumstances of the confrontation and Brygun's note history into account, opting to clarify the rules and give a verbal warning is within acceptable mod conduct.

I also understand that you were distressed over comments in the msay logs and were concerned that they may reflect a negative bias towards yourself or players in general.

In reviewing the comments, it appears that this was generalized joking, not directed towards anyone in particular, and as Tsunamico did not significantly contribute to discussion of the ticket or it's handling.

It does appear to me that Backsea is expressing some frustration over the ticket, but mods are allowed to be frustrated, so long as they do not take it out on players verbally or by abuse of staff privileges, and in reviewing the logs, I believe that the intent was to handle this properly, and that the action taken was within server rules and staff expectations.