Your Byond ID?
    Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws

Your Character Name?
    Jax 'Baldie' Tidingson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    LCDR William 'Jester' Crimson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    03/07/2019 ~0900 Central US

What rule(s) were broken:

Description of the incident:
    During brief, a small scuffle broke out amongst delta squad and the associated parties were arrested. During the arrests however, CMP Crimson openly harm batonned one of their marines after already safely subduing them.

I punched him once for this, as in my eyes fair was fair, and I was arrested along side him as well. I already didn't like this, but oh well, it was nothing major.

But the worst came later, when me and others were perma brigged without being stated our charges. As far as I'm aware the only crime I'm guilty of at the time was assault. I was tossed into a cell with Red, and we were ignored by the MPs/CMP for the remainder of this event, until it seemed like the XO/CO had their hands forced by a mutinous Delta squad to release us; according to the XO the CMP was unaware of our release

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Players Willy Red, Bill Torres I believe were brigged along side me under similar circumstances, perhaps they could weigh in. Also, after his death, there was chatter regarding him in dead chat https://i.imgur.com/Yino2YV.png Apparently he assaulted a marine with a tazer, not a baton.

How you would punish the accused:
    The CMP failed to read us our charges, perma'd us without just cause, and most likely intended to leave us in perma the rest of the round, forgetting about us. As far as I feel, I feel like our round would have been ended by a CMP over stepping their bounds if things continued the way they did.

I feel an apology/explanation at the very least would be warranted, and hopefully they, in the future, take more care towards essentially having the power to put players in time out for the round
    Last edited by Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws; 03-07-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled a few logs at the moment:

Looks like this started cause a delta had violated marine law and Solidfury7 issued a NJP
    Spoiler Spoiler:

You were never harm batonned but all the logs show you were stunned
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of Solidfury7 explaining charges and other things
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Why was this never ahelped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't the one harmbatonned/tazer-smashed, it was another marine, and so I punched the CMP for it; that's when I was arrested.

Yesterday I Ahelped a player and was told that they don't handle those kind of incidents through Ahelp (I can't even remember what is about unfortunately, maybe it was the type of complaint I had towards that player or something), and to make a player report instead. I didn't want to make an entire report for the one yesterday, but I felt this one was more warranted. I'll try an ahelp first next time

I'm aware of one of our engies welding the brig doors, something happened with that, but I wasn't ever told my charges personally, the CMP remained dead silent towards me before and after throwing me in perma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Delta that round and was involved in the protest against the MPs(I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as a mutiny since as far as I know none of us ever fired a shot or attacked any of the MPs). I've got a couple of things to add.
    First, I asked MP Alan Jones what the charges were, and I was told that the permabrigged deltas were being held for jailbreak, not aiding or abetting.
    Second, the Delta Engineer in question who supposedly welded the brig doors insisted to me on multiple occasions that he did not do it, and that he actually was arrested for merely holding a welder in the vicinity of the brig doors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did slip out of my cell when a 2nd marine was thrown into mine half way through my sentence and ran around a bit, so jail break could possibly be applied to me after that, but certainly not before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say I did insult the CMP for his actions, and I now realize some of that may have stemmed from how I viewed him as a player, and not just is IC actions. I think I went over board on how I treated the CMP, and I hope there's no real hard feelings between us. I do, however, still believe he went about this improperly, and that actions like these can easily ruin the rounds of other players, especially since many of those who are able to deal with situations like this ICly have their hands full with the rest of the round and their obligations towards the marines

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws View Post
    I wasn't the one harmbatonned/tazer-smashed, it was another marine, and so I punched the CMP for it; that's when I was arrested.
    As far as him harm batoning someone else in lieu of a stun, if that person feels it was over the top, they can chime in.

In the future though you should always ahelp if you believe a rule violation is occuring at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, thanks for your time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report is dumb.

It's basically revolving around the fact that I tried to taser someone (and they were point blank, which resulted in a hit with a taser). That is barely a rule violation, its like comparing accidental FF to Attempted murder.

Regarding the charges being read, everyone was being detained on the same charge, aiding and abetting the Engineer, who's charges were to be Damage to Government Property. The Resisting arrest charges were to be added to everyone involved also, but I thought that was obvious.

I'd like to remind everyone that this situation is a reason why 99% of the time, anything is shut down OOCly. You're basically complaining about a two man department not following every procedure to the exact dot (Which I try to do, because it's part of my character schtick) when trying to deal with around 6+ prisoners at once, with 10+ angry deltas stood at the brig, hacking the doors shut and other shit like that.

I'd like to also state that the offending parties broke numerous rules, such as jailbreak, Delta SL refusing to deploy at roundstart, roundstart shannigans, but nothing was done about these situations. I will say I'm getting more and more sick of dealing with these types of reports which are basically the result of retarded actions not being punished. (Derailing the whole operation before roundstart because one of your squad is detained with MINIMUM TIME is fucking dumb. )

Eventually, I had a few MPs wake up late (Alan Jones and one or two others) and I tried to very briefly give them the rundown on the original arrests, while I was also trying to prep for the mutiny which would have occured if I hadn't had to briefly go AFK because my groceries had arrived, so the captain basically was forced more or less to pardon every single mutineer, some who had for example threatened to gun me down.

TLDR - Marines proceeded to try interfere with a lawful arrest, a big chunk of the squad join in, a big chunk of the squad gets brigged for it, the charges result in perma.

Those who didn't act like complete shitlords and threaten to kill me were being evaluated for appeal and were released, if you threaten to gun me down, you're not gonna even remotely pass your appeal.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

------------------

If any staff on during this wanna chime in about this, such as Sirlordington and Grim, you boys are welcome to but I've said all I can be bothered to say regarding a pretty silly report.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was both a witness, and the staff member who handled a few ahelps regarding this incident. I would like to preface this that I believe this report is without merit. Everyone in perma, to my knowledge, was charged with Interfering with an arrest, which has a minimum time of "Same punishment as accused" and a maximum time of "Permanent confinement". Multiple people prevented Crimson from performing his arrest by disarm spamming and pushing him, and as such were guilty of Interfering with an arrest.

Having both observed the incident and investigated it, it is my opinion that William 'Jester' Crimson did not violate Marine Law or any server rules.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???