Their BYOND Key
    TheeBiggest
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    2:51 EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocols, 2, Investigate the situation

3, determine the seriousness of the situation
    Description of the incident
    I was infected, having barely escaped capture from the xenos. I made it to the dropship. The CL was talking to me about anti larva, and handed me a pill in the middle of this conversation. I assumed it was the anti larva. Unfortunately he gave me Ultrazine, which has permanent crippling addiction symptoms which effectively end your round unless you have a steady supply of the drug.

The CL didn't understand what he had done. I did not want him punished for his actions of permanently crippling me. I ahelped for an admin heal and for the mods to talk to the CL about the severity of ultrazine. TheeBiggest handled the ahelp, and insisted that despite talking to the CL about how his actions were crippling, refused to actually alleviate the problem and allowed me to remain with the afflictions.

There are several precedents for cases like these where the player affected is admin healed of the addiction. There was no reason to actually leave me crippled but the moderator insisted. Their response was that I should "Not take pills without looking at them". I was an engineer meaning I couldn't examine the pill, the CL had me unintentionally convinced that I was taking anti larval drugs, and the whole point about how the pills could "poison me" is discussing grief in itself (Which would be adminhealed ironically).

In the end, despite being the victim of negligence from the CL, I was the only one punished by having me round cut short for something that I could not fix through ingame means, and the moderator responsible refused to help. Due to my predicament, I was forced to cryo.
    Evidence
    I don't have the logs, there isn't much to show beyond what will be pulled later.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Whatever is proper protocol for staff members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here be your logs on the incident.

Involved Persons :

Dr. Lance / Duncan Fisher / Squad Combat Technician

R0-adic / Thickums Redwood / Corporate Liaison

TheeBiggest / Moderator

The Logs :

Ultrazine Incident :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp Conversation :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PM'd the wrong person :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PM to the CL :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Back to original Ahelp :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dr. Lance proceeds to Cryo Afterward :
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by VagabondZro79; 08-17-2022 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I fucked up :(

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big thing I'd like to point out here is that the only reason the moderator refused to aheal me was because I "shouldn't swallow random pills". If someone were to give me a pill that was intentionally made to harm my round, it would be literal grief, and there would be an admin heal. That isn't any excuse to say that I shouldn't have swallowed the pill. It felt like he was just trying to prove a point or something, and it felt entirely wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that the events of the round lead you to going to cryo and sitting the rest of the the round out.

The moderator who handled this ahelp appears to have been very thorough in their review of what happened, and it appears that they did fairly assess the seriousness of the situation. Not granting an aheal in this situation was in accordance to server rules. Aheals are typically only used when someone has been the victim of an attack that is also a rule break (like griefing) or in cases of game glitches (Like damage that has been successfully treated by medics but isn't removed).

There's no indication of misconduct by the moderator here.