User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't deal with being robust or doing RP. Suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't deal with being robust or doing RP. Suggestions?

I'm playing for about 4 year on and off, pretty much with all roles/castes except CO and Queen. Some of the castes I have are ancient and I got prime runner. For the marine side I think I maxed out squad marine in terms of time, I know very well how to get in the kills.

Here is my problem which I don't know how to balance, see if any veterans can help me with this.

Either I RP, wait for the replies from fellow players, take my time, react to my surrounding as a person would when he sees a MT lighting himself on fire for no reason. Simple enough to do on the ship. But how do I balance this with the urge to kill things? I feel un-authentic that after talkin a bit to my fellow marines to my best abilities like a real MILSIM, I start shotgun juggling and shoot 9 fletchettes in 1 second with my autoclicker+third party macros.

One second I am RPing and it all looks realistic. Next second I'm moving my hands faster than God and magically shoot faster than and cocked up rabbit. This is just one game mechanic that is abused. Other example would be invisible melee or knife thrower spam.

In true CM fashion I don't expect devs to change these mechanics, even if I just don't understand why they are allowed in the first place when it's clearly an abuse of mechanics that a SEA will never teach you as they don't exist officially.

So how do I cope with these? Should I say "Oh quicky, my hands slipped and thrown my shotgun while fired 3 shots and pulled my other shotgun in 0.1 sec to shoot 3 more than picked up my third shotgun to shoot 3 more, how lucky I am to point black kill that warrior?" Peak RP.

Let's not even get into the survivors running naked and dunking on xenos with their move speed.

Any suggestions?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rope, or cope.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need third party macro to shotgun juggle? Consider just using the M41 or L42 instead. preferably with AP ammo or something.
    I'm sure you'll find a person or two that's interested in interacting with you in the game, It's not easy but I found it to be best when you aren't trying to win or anything of note for that matter other than reacting as you, well. would, to seeing a person literally getting melted by acid infront of you, Usually mixes of
    "Oh fuck" and "SHOOT IT" or something like that?
    Games still fun sometimes
    Who do you play as? I play as akira a. bowchief, I'm typically on at some really odd hours and I play as doctor/squad marine.
    Would like to see you soon! @Questintime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AP ammos always a way to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like bait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? Because he genuinely asking a question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u guys should have realized it was a joke when he said third party macros holy shit nobody realizes when people are joking anymore... RIP JOHN RAVIOLI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooookay whatever floats your boat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try not using 3 shotguns, if your urge to kill xenos is that strong that you need to use 3rd party applications just to delete another player for having played the game, you need to reconsider this as a personal problem

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god they found out about our third party macros scramble!!