Date of Incident
    August 18, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Steve Bobert

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Call me Arty

Accused Character Name
    Jyotiraditya Navjot

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1 AM CDT

What rule(s) were broken:
    rule 4

Description of the incident:
    I got fucked up by xenos and was laying on the floor, unable to move, Jyotiraditya Navjot decides to set me on fire, to "prevent me from being capped" (paraphrasing) as they said later, despite me not being in danger of being capped, the only xeno close enough to do so was a crusher, who would likely be too slow to not die while doing so, and combine that with them being easily able to grab me and pull me to safety, I do not see how this could be anything other than griefing.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    What resolution are you seeking?
    a warning at the very least, but I would greatly prefer a ban

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A similar thing happened to me: Call me Arty walked up to me as I was breaking the hive core in Lambda caves; flamed me; then implied I stood in the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:
    Ediblebomb - Steve Bobert
    CallMeArty - Jyotiraditya Navjot
    Joooks - Johanna J. Jaakari
    Third party

Initial incident described by Ediblebomb
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Steve confronts Jyotiraditya
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Incident described by Joooks
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Pray given by CallMeArty earlier in the round
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! I'm grateful somebody mentioned this report to me, or else I don't think I would have noticed it.

As you can see in the video, it was a brutal choke with many marines being dragged off for captures. With a defender right in front of me and a who knows what else in the darkness, I wanted to cut-off any other xenomorphs from rushing in while I was dragging Steve back. This is of course why I had a flask to heal burns and not to revive people: I don't like/participate in the gameplay of killing someone to prevent caps. I carried the flamer primarily to put a painful, temporary barricade up against flankers (a major issue a few rounds back which I was keen to correct), and so that flaming Xenomorphs would run-off rather than continuing a drag/attack. For what it's worth, intentionally killing to prevent a cap with a flamer would be far less efficient than a scoped rifle (which I did not equip), and I'm very much not a fan of the strategy of denying caps like that: [See Discord Message Here]

Do to my still-recovering gamesense from a long time away, the general clusterfuck that CM is, and especially how far marines pushed without defenses that round which led to constant flanking and eventually a full running retreat to the LZ: I did a fair amount of friendly fire that round. This resulted in the usual friendly fire you'd see regardless of weapon, where I see a xeno-packed hellhole and someone goes to advance into it just as I begin firing. However, I feel that it's important that I mention some caveats to this:
    1. Right at the very beginning of the round, I had gone to the doctors for a flask mix of Kelotane/Dermaline, so I could help to treat anyone I accidentally FF'd. I believe I tried to administer this a few times.
    2. I ensured I packed an underbarrel extinguisher, in addition to a proper extinguisher which I grabbed later so I could further correct mistakes (I used this on Bobert, Jaakari (I think), and any paths I cut-off which hindered the advance of my fellow marines, so they could go in without further delay).
    3. Anybody I hurt, I was sure to aid. You can see in the last of MrDadMan's logs that I still stopped what I was doing, in the face of threat, to drag them back to safety and care. Even after they disarmed me while I was visibly holding a flamer (as some marines walked infront of the marine with a flamer out and a glint in her eye, sorry Jaakari but I was consistently flaming the core and the weeds around it), I still worked to extinguish them, give them a drink of my flask, and perform CPR until a medic could assist. I'm not sure if it was them specifically, but I know I was still bringing a marine with me during the running retreat.
    4. I exercised full responsibility and accountability for my actions throughout the round, and beyond. I apologized or explained to those affected, I made an IC prayer to establish these were all accidents and I did not intend them (doubled as an option to investigate or just bomb me on the spot if I was doing truly ass), and posted my character name alongside with an apology in the Discord after the fact (https://discord.com/channels/1503155...07694833270845).

While all the roleplay and apologies in the world can't un-impact someone's round, I'm not sure where this report would ideally lead. If "whoops" moments are worthy of player reports for grief, then surely Ediblebomb - or anyone that FF'd that round - would have written one for themselves on account of disarming me around fellow marines, though I still took the effort to mend the situation. If it's a warning to be more careful with flamers, then - should memory serve - it's already been taught: In my embarrassment of my poor play, I haven't touched a flamer since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    I don't like/participate in the gameplay of killing someone to prevent caps.
    That doesn't matter, I never accused you of flaming me to deny a cap, I specifically said in the report I wasn't in danger of being capped, and said I didn't believe you, and if "It was you and the bugs or lose you!" doesn't mean "It was either flaming you and the crusher, or you get capped" (I can't really see how I would be "lost" otherwise due to the ease of my recovery), then what does it mean? You easily could've grabbed me and moved up three tiles, and I would've been in almost perfect safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ediblebomb View Post
    You easily could've grabbed me and moved up three tiles, and I would've been in almost perfect safety.
    The both of us would have greatly preferred I simply dragged you. Unfortunately, I saw marines being dragged off, Xenos moving up, and you losing a fight with a crusher. On short notice, instinct flamed to prevent Xenos from advancing/ignite them so they'd run (my aim was off, as I was trying to split the difference between the rest of the choke and the crusher), I extinguish you if you were burnt (you were), and administer my anti-burn flask in treatment and apologetics.

My clarification against FFing you to deny caps was because I felt it was implied in the report, and stated in the discord discussion here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Management discussed this, and we do not believe this was an intent to grief. However CallMeArty, I will remind you that our rule clarification previously is that a marine should be screaming for help or for you to end your misery. At the end of it, Ediblebomb was recovered and confronted you ICly. This is a reminder if you FF marines without consent again, action will be taken.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids