User Tag List

Thread: Requisition Pick-up Alert & Delivery Tracking Outline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Requisition Pick-up Alert & Delivery Tracking Outline

https://imgur.com/a/YPisrMg

Can be used to deliver for example OT rockets to sadar(OT gives SADAR the Locator, the SADAR's OT rockets are in a box/bag with the WATCH, allowing the SADAR to track down his specific order.

The signallers are used to alert the orderer that a. order is ready for pick-up or b. order has been sent planetside for delivery/tracking

This is likely the fastest & most efficient way for EVERYBODY to get their req orders done- much better than being tenth in line- if CT doesn't know Drop Pouch is under webbing, they prolly waste 30 seconds looking. Then a marine wastes 30 seconds attaching attachies clogging the line when they've already been given anything. Then a marine asks for WAY TOO MUCH SHIT and everything Req doesn't have, they ask for them to look for a different item- the FURTHER back in line you are, the more TIME is EXPONENTIALLY wasted waiting on the orders being vended, thrown, looked for, etc.

By following the above delivery system, this moderates itself. Did they order more attachies, nades, C4, than can fit in the box? Well, that box can can act as a soft 'fair' limit for how much people can order(box has its limits too unfortunately, can't really put most pouches/webbings in it).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hunter pun thompson; 08-21-2022 at 01:14 PM. Reason: legible picture link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a shitpost? It has to be... No way this is seriously fast and efficient. So, you want me to prep say 20 different signalers with frequency and number assigned, 20 watches that I then have to give out to the individual who requested said crate, I then have to take into account ammo boxes, pouches, webbings and others that don't fit in certain storages, including making sure we have the mortar bags required for shell, filling these bags myself, AND remembering to signal the correct signal which I now have to keep track of a shit ton of them along with the paperwork? Get the fuck outta here! That's more efficient than just handing people what they want right then and there and telling those with requests that they gonna have to wait a bit while I clear out the req line/ prep the crate? No.

You are smoking crack man... And I have so many questions if this is not a shitpost namely have you ever solod req before on a round let alone played CT or RO before? The fuck is anyone supposed to find the time to manage all that useless, convoluted, unneeded crap? No disrespect but this idea is dumber than someone wearing makeup to visit the blind.

Also addressing these points:

"much better than being tenth in line" - Better than the line not moving at all cause CT has to prep all this crap at round start

"if CT doesn't know Drop Pouch is under webbing, they prolly waste 30 seconds looking." - This only applies to the first few times that item is requested, afterwards the CT in question will likely remember and speed up the order process for all future similar item requests.

"Then a marine wastes 30 seconds attaching attachies clogging the line when they've already been given anything." - My NEXT button on the table next to me solves this problem in less than a second.
    Last edited by Santiago Delgado; 08-23-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there's two separate systems I'm presenting here altogether, Pick-Up & Delivery-

Pick-Up is the more difficult to implement, but I stand by that if you could, and I know that's a BIG if as it requires cooperation and planning, it would be a substantial boost in the efficiency of most marines time management, especially the 1st 15-20 of every round, especially during high pop.

Here's a simplified explanation of Pick-Up Alerts:

Requisition Worker Needs: Signaller.
    Customer Needs: Form w/ Unique #, Pen, Signaller set to #

1. Start autolathe printing seven signallers
    2. Make a box.
    3. Make six forms- aesthetics aside, the main requirement is that each one have a unique order #.
    4. Get six pens. Put the pens and forms in the box.
    5. Go outside to the line- tell everyone any who don't want to wait in line, just fill out a form in that box and bring it to the conveyor belt.
    6. When they hand over their order by the conveyor belt, the unique # on their form is what you set the signallers you printed earlier and hand back to them, so Order #1 gets a signaller set to signal #1. Tell them you will beep that when it's ready to pick up from here.

So let's say it's high pop and there's three CTs so both lines are manned. Both lines have 13 people. Some people see that line and say, no thanks! I have to get stuff from Medbay, or OT, or Squad Prep, I'll go there first. . .

Let's say the 3rd CT shows the box w/ forms and pens to the people in line- 13 people means a couple wrap around the Req wall. Let's say those last 3 say yeah, fuck it, and fill out the form- well, you just knocked out 6 people from the lines without even vending anything. If it's a medic, you just saved them from having to wait in half the lines they gotta wait in today.

IF this was the norm though, like EVERYONE just expected to get a signaller + Form + Pen in one line, fill it out, pocket the signaller, drop off their order, that means they'd PLAN on it, so Medics wake up, slow naked walk to req, grab a form pen and signaller, slow walk to their prep, get ready, fill out the form, drop off the form, now while they wait on their Req order, they go ask Chemistry for XY and Z meds(which honestly, if they instead used forms too that'd save everyone a bunch of time...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the base idea of this since the problem has been identified that the 13 marines apart from the individual at the front of the line is dormant and is in a sense wasting time.

Two solutions, including the one you've proposed:

1. A system that is delivery/external. Allowing for those that would usually wait or require their time to be elsewhere like SL or Medic that are gearing up more/briefing can request and still be able to get their usual req requests while wasting no time or missing content.
    2. There could be a system that allows Marines to submit their req requests prior to reaching the front of the line. Possible digital or written. If digital, it could have a CT processing through them to validate and say if available or not, and upon reaching the front desk, it would just require them to be dispensed. Or if written, it could be something similar on a piece of paper that is put into Req prior to the front of the line and similarly it can be confirmed, approved, etc etc.

Queues will always be an issue, with more people the longer the queues. Thats the problem identified. The solution has to either be, speed up the process of giving items, approving items, waiting for the marine to give a request etc etc....

Just some food for thought.

R/S
    Atom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, now I'll tell you the EZ solution, doesn't even need coding just mapping. Get rid of the double lines, first off. Then get rid of the HULL windows- replace them with nothing but tables. If you have multiple Req folks running the line, 1. a 2nd can simultaneously point at the 2nd person in line and receive their order, where they will pre-dispense their items. They can hand them directly to them OR if the 1st person in line's order is quick, the main person running the line then just hands them their order. 2. or two, the two extra req members man the back of the line- this way anyone can turn in their req order form and have it be acknowledged, or if you have a minor order can get your w/e really quickly.

Having a single big line also has a weird pseudo benefit- the bigger and longer the line is, the more likely marines will go either a. I don't need that stuff THAT bad or b. Wait I can dispense my stuff in our squad room or c. wait in line