User Tag List

Thread: Tank crewman role questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank crewman role questions

Hey I mainly had questions about if the tank crewman role was white listed to donors or not, however seeing that there was no tank forums I figured I might as well drop this thread so anyone can post any questions about tank crewman. Since they are in every round now that might popup more. I was also curious as to whether the tank fabricator automatically generates points like the dropship fabricator or you need defcon to increase it. I am also curious if we were ever going to get any tank reskin's for the other faction's tanks we get during events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody can get the tank crewman role, it's just in high demand usually. For the tank fabricator, you have to get down to Defcon 2. Not really sure about a tank reskin though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a hvh round with a red upp tank, but otherwise it looked the same.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay just played Tank crewman today for first time and I am posting some info for anyone new to tank crewman or just for anyone who wants to know when they Finally get TC.
    *So first things first hardpoints are the only thing you can repair on tanks that is the slots that things attach to. So if your armor's at 37 percent no rolling back and just repairing it you have to have req order some new parts for you supply drop down a new set or if they got to defcon 2 you can build some using the fabricator back on the alamo( or have an mt do it and also send it down via supply drop).
    *Second(Mainly setup predrop advice) as a tank driver you might want to keep some spare ammo or if you had req already order you some new armor at round start some armor in your hand as you can keep one item in your hand but nothing else tank related as nothing else fits in your backpack obviously. You might also want some c4 to clear out obstacles as marines don't tend to like to listen.
    *thirdly running into things such as grilles barricades ect. does damage your vehicle and since you can't just repair slots you are wasting valuable health
    *fourth( obvious but some people might overlook or need a little extra help understanding) if you want to backup in a direction you only turn 90 degrees at a time so if you want to go west and look east while retreating and lets just say for difficulty's your looking west at the start you have to try moving north or south then after that try moving east just one time your tank will turn that direction then you can just head west and your tank will stay looking east.
    *fifth( removing attachments and repairing hardpoints) crowbar to remove attachments and wrench and welder to fix hardpoints

Thats about it I have only played TC once so if anyone else wants to give some tips if they are more experienced or if I missed some stuff please just add on hopefully we can get abit more info out there since the wiki doesn't give that much info on stuff like this
    Last edited by jameskiller98; 03-10-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskiller98 View Post
    *Second(Mainly setup predrop advice) as a tank driver you might want to keep some spare ammo or if you had req already order you some new armor at round start some armor in your hand as you can keep one item in your hand but nothing else tank related as nothing else fits in your backpack obviously. You might also want some c4 to clear out obstacles as marines don't tend to like to listen.

Protip you can carry 2 things in your hand if you drop something next to you when you are getting in the tank then grab it before it completes getting in the tank. You will still get in the tank but have an item in both hands. Can carry extra ammo and shit like this. Works for gunner and driver.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, TC is a good nice role when you have a strategy, i have failed many times Mainly when you have no marines to cover your side tracks and you have two xenos slashing you on each side.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: