User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobraman - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cobraman - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Cobraman
    Character Name?
    Aden McClymonds
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Apop
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG Station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    TG Station (Formerly) Citadel Station (Permanent)
    Reason for Ban
    Discord ban: Harassing and "Doxing" other members
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    Unavailable as on previous forums, but only discord ban was upheld.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This was over a year ago, so my memory isn't perfect, but I'll do my best. Essentially: There was a discord channel of about 10 of us, including some prominent members at the time. A user named "Furpuppy" joined with an avatar of a very "detailed" furry. We all started laughing at him and his avatar. I clicked on his name and discovered he had his Skype linked (This is what Apop considered "doxing"), with his Skype avatar being a different furry picture. I posted this picture in a side channel of this discord. I was then banned from this discord and the game. I appealed and was unbanned from the game, and not the discord. Since then, I became one of the senior Admins on SCP13 before it shut down and understand why I was banned. I'm not appealing based on the merits of the ban but I am asking for a second chance. I want to become a more active member of the community and I hope to show I've matured and moved on from that. If you have any questions or such, you can put them in the forum or DM me on discord @ Cobraman#9579

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Server Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Thank you for posting that, I wasn't sure how to access the old forums.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea +1. I mean its not like you actually doxed the guy and its well old enough by now. good luck
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord staff will probably discuss it, and I�ll go back into the archives later and try to dig some stuff up. However I have to ask were you server banned as well and was there an appeal for that, or did you take care of that elsewhere?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've pulled your activity in the past two months and you've only played on the server 20 hours in March and 20 hours in Feburary.
    Although you have no recent notes, I do not believe this is enough time to show you've changed your behavior for better.

I think you need some more server time before a discord unban can be considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord staff will probably discuss it, and I�ll go back into the archives later and try to dig some stuff up. However I have to ask were you server banned as well and was there an appeal for that, or did you take care of that elsewhere?
    That was taken care of outside the forums.

So I've pulled your activity in the past two months and you've only played on the server 20 hours in March and 20 hours in Feburary.
    Although you have no recent notes, I do not believe this is enough time to show you've changed your behavior for better.

I think you need some more server time before a discord unban can be considered.
    I would indeed like to put in more game time, and coming from someone who did a fair share of ban appeals on SCP13 I understand your concern. Sadly I'm in college taking a heavier load of credits right now. Aswell, I haven't had any major breaks since getting back into CM, but when spring/summer breaks roll around I will be able to put more time into the server. I can bring in character references if that would change your verdict.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
    I can bring in character references if that would change your verdict.
    If you could get a server willing to vouch for you with good behavior, I would support a discord unban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk. I remember you being a constant meta comm'r with like, not a great attitude. Like, feweh gets a lot of shit but his bans most of the time, but banning you was a very right call that was a while coming id I remember correct especially when it was a major event that you spoiled for a buncha people in chat that day. I also remember you got banned the day after you got unbanned before. So like, what are you gonna come back into the discord and get banned for meta comms the next day again? Idk get another server to vouch for you and we can give this a shot. Maybe youd be best off just staying out of voice though if you think you might up and meta again.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.