Your Byond ID?
    bobatnight

Your Character Name?
    Boiler 420

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    taketheshot56

Accused Character Name
    Patton

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:30ish AM Eastern

What rule(s) were broken:
    OB'd Alamo after Evac

Description of the incident:
    Patton OB'd the Alamo and killed 4 xenos well after marine evac. This is an extremely black and white rule that has been in place for a length of time.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs

How you would punish the accused:
    Whitelist removal/suspension

Patton has a very strict stance on punishments, he should be held to the same standard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What rule?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancient spitter here.

I ahelped the issue and was given and auto-response saying "being handled".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elder Rav here, I was in the impact zone. We had definitely gone through the motions of taking over the ds, weeding it, resting/dancing. This OB was quite a while after the marines evac'd.
    We should probably write this rule down somewhere though. I can't remember off the top of my head where I saw it first, and I would have trouble explaining to someone, say, a green XO, why we shouldn't OB the landing pad while our enemies are all clustered on it.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriedMilk View Post
    Ancient spitter here.

I ahelped the issue and was given and auto-response saying "being handled".
    It was decided that a better play to discuss this would be a player report, Bobat said he would make one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me preface this with the fact that i never go out of my way to intentionally break the rules of the server, The rules are very important for both myself as a player and as a Senior Moderator.
    And while rules are sometimes black and white, they can be gray as well, and that is the situation which occurred here.

The rule of OBing the LZ/near it has undergone several rulings in the past few weeks as many more situations continue to occur surrounding it. Specifically a ruling where the CO called an OB down upon himself and the ship fired after the Aliens gutted the marines on the dropship and stood around, that OB while being on the LZ1 and on the dropship itself was ruled IC. While i cannot post these due to it coming from the staff discord, Emerald is free to release them herself on this report.

Now onto the report.

We had deployed at roughly 12:30
    Xenos were already waiting for us in the landing zone and fierce combat ensured. After fighting back and forth for about 20 minutes we withdrew to nexus and dropped an OB on cargo. Probably two minutes later we began evacuation as we had been driven all the way back. Alamo took off under heavy fire and we had CAS drop a whole bunch of ordinance on the LZ1 when we left.
    As the dropship had arrived back on the ship i did my usual op end announcement and went about the motions to drop the OB on the LZ1 which we had just CAS'd.

Spoiler Spoiler:

As i was doing this dropship took off from the ship and i was alerted to such by the PO who was alive on board telling me he was going to lock it down once it landed. I ordered the OB which was in the process of cooling down to be reloaded so we could fire it on the LZ and hopefully soften things up for the PO who was on his way down into hell.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The dropship then begins landing and as such i am wary about launching the OB so i decide to wait and get the POs opinion on the situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

As Russel is being slaughtered on the dropship screaming as we watch on camera The XO alerts me that the OB is ready to fire. Having watched the PO get disembowled as we watched i authorized the OB based on the fact that we had a guy on the ground and watched get slain on camera.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Now at this point the OB was loaded and chambered and we were waiting on the cooldown to finish and the SO begins to make preparations to drop it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Roughly a minute later the OB is ready to fire and having had an officer down there who screamed into the radio as we watched him get slaughtered the Ob was fired.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A total of 1 minute and 40 seconds between the PO getting slaughtered on the dropship and the OB being fired took place. Id like to stress this was not something in which we waited and waited for the xenos to get on before firing. We literally launched the OB as soon as it was ready having intended to launch it much much earlier. When doing this myself, noting back on the case of the previous CO OBing the dropship where marines were being delimbed and butchered being declared IC i decided this was one of those valid moments. Having had the PO get slaughtered on camera as we watched while he screamed into the radio.

Again this was not my intention to willfully break the rules but based on the information i had seen at the time based on OBs, i personally didn't see anything wrong with dropping the OB based on the ic knowledge of the situation we had. It was a rule which had undergone several rulings and which was ultimately unclear at the time. I personally dont believe i did anything wrong with the information i had. But I take full responsibility for the issue and hopefully this report can give us a clear basis on OBs.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow are you saying you had an honest mistake? Like the fucking rules aren't always clear? Woaaaah. Wouldn't it suck if you got banned for a month from this role over an honest mistake?

You can close this report, I've already been informed he won't be punished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, what rule was broken.

If it is not in the rule page, then what is there to punish?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OB'ing the Alamo after Marines have evac'd from the planet.

He's not involved in this report or staff, so I'm confused why he's commenting here.
    @Steelpoint