Willy Red
    Their BYOND Key
    Firecharge123
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:00pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 2.

Investigate the situation
    a. Contact anyone involved and get their side of the story. Also, check logs. It may not be immediately visible WHO caused the situation, and you may need to talk to several people to figure it out. Try to do this as quickly and efficiently.
    Description of the incident
    I was playing hive lord and flanked the marines on Sorokyne Strata. I built behind them at the morgue so they couldn't escape and couldn't reinforce their front without having to fight through the defensive line or by going around.

It was very effective, marines routed and hit the defensive line and couldnt break through before getting wiped out. Apparently, someone thought I was tombing bodies by building in the location due to me keeping the defenses built up, halting their retreat.

I tried explaining to Firecharge123 that this was the case. I wasn't tombing or hiding any marine bodies. I provided an accurate account of what happened and even provided witness' he could talk to if needed, which I'm unsure of if he did.

Just because there's dead marines where a drone or hivelord is building doesn't mean they are entombing them. It should have been very obvious an intense fight happened at the location as I requested he jump to my ghost and see for himself.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/uWOltDl

Screen caps of the area I built at after the fight concluded and the strange note.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Removal of the note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a runner during this round, and I directly witnessed Pinkledwrenis flanking and building behind the marines, as well as participating in the fighting in said area. Pinkled started the building process behind the marines in order to cut off their inevitable retreat long before there were any bodies in the area. When the marine retreat hit his defenses, they were caught between an advancing frontline of Xenos and the thick resin wall, and were absolutely fucking obliterated. The bodies in screenshot 1, 3, and 5 were the marines who were caught by the main Xeno force, and the bodies in screenshot 2 were what was left of the marine force breaking through the wall after being picked off by backline lurkers and myself.

What Pinkled did was a brilliant play, done in good faith in pursuit of victory, and done BEFORE any bodies were there. He was not attempting to "Entomb" any marines in a bad faith effort to prevent revival, but inflict as many casualties on the marine route as possible. It's a long standing precedent of the "No Entombing" ruling that you can build over corpses during an active offense/defense if the area is vital to the tactical situation, and this is a CLEARCUT example of this exception. I understand it might have looked skeptical to Firecharge123 after the fact, but if he saw firsthand how it played out, I'm sure he would agree that the note was not necessary.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I am the accused here.

At the time the situation was reported, the area that was mostly full of 'entombed' bodies, it was cleared either by mortar fire or grenades and I did not have exactly a clear sight of the whole area that was blocked off. The time that I was investigating the situation, I was given information (via discord, I can send screenshots of what was exchanged if needed) such as pictures and slightly harried responses to my denials of the area being coated in resin walls, but was not able to see a majority of the situation unfolding. I was speaking with a manager and an overseer at the time of this investigation for guidance on the situation. Both of them, with information that I had gained/was given, they both agreed it was either "entombing" or slightly entombing but within the bounds of acceptability. Me in my full right over the situation allowed this situation to slip under as an EXTREMELY light warning ( I do remember stating the note was non harmful, or something to that degree ) and issued the warning of;

"Warned to be more careful/mindful about amount of walls being placed (as a hivelord). The area in which they were placing walls had a significant amount of bodies in the area, however the area was under attack and justifiably placed walls on bodies, however there was quite a few in the area they were placing them.
    By firecharge123 (Moderator) on 2022-08-28 18:57:55"
    Note the statement " however the area was under attack and justifiably placed walls on bodies, " this justified their actions.

One major thing I MUST note for the situation, I noticed after the time of confrontation with Pinkle, (about 3-5 ish minutes later, not entirely sure) a runner had come behind and was REMOVING walls from the scene that was being investigated. I did not PM this individual for the record, nor did I catch their name, but there is a picture below with it). There was 0 reason for them to break walls as all the bodies in the area were perma/xeno front had moved towards the LZ. note the runner breaking walls here (the 3 open gaps) just FYi that image of the runner, its the same runner I do believe, and that image was taken earlier in the situation from the initial ahelp-ish time, could be wrong, but I know for a fact I saw a runner breaking walls. (also keep in mind there is a mix of queen and hive lord walls.) The images provided by Pinkled above are different to some of the areal observations.

(as a side note I forgot about the runner til I re-reviewed the images given.)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nshot_1080.png

...Along with large blocks of resin walls in unrealistic to defend areas (the room to the south was entirely walled off and not accessible without breaking some of the walls, however I argued these were acceptably hidden as it is quite literally an entire room with visible access via over the mourge(s)):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nshot_1081.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nshot_1083.png

The situation was unfolding in a non-conclusive investigation, however since this WOULD be a major exploitation/major rulebreak, I felt the note was warranted because of the situation. I do accept the arguments given by the above two members, but the note should be clarified, not removed. Should be 100% clarified this is a NON-HARMFUL TO REPUTATION NOTE. Keep in mind I am only human, and this situation was extremely confusing/hard to judge, and I apologies for any confusion that happened Pinkledwrenis/maximus rex.
    Last edited by Firecharge123; 08-30-2022 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Firecharge123,

No marines were entombed intentionally if at all by me. The defenses were built behind the marine front. They died as they tried to push through the defenses as they fell back. Any marines that were dead behind or on walls or doors was a consequence of actively building defenses as marines attempted to push through. As a side note to expound on the situation, the area north of where I was in medical was not only undefended but also had no weeds or defenses. Marines could have walked around where I was building and circumvented it entirely.

First of all I didn't feel it was a confrontation as both of us were polite, there was an ahelp to address. If I was curt, I apologize, I was in the middle of playing an intense round.

I originally had thought this was a note made in error by a relatively new moderator. I mean, you did state that I did nothing wrong but in the same sentence said it would be a major rule break if I did do something wrong which is strange. After reading what you said about a runner clearing walls Firecharge123, however, I believe there is something more going on. Logs will be really helpful here.

After looking at the screen shot provided about a runner clearing walls, I compared the picture to the area I was in and it does not seem to be in the area I was building. However, the size of the screen shot makes that hard to determine as its only approximately a 3x3 tile photo. Furthermore, the walls in the picture presumably showing me having tombed a marine are not thick walls. I was a hivelord.

This is a disturbing and wholly unexpected response. The flippant way in which you informed the fact that the investigation was actively being interfered with but you didn't investigate is frustrating to myself and displays on your behalf negligence in the extreme. I use the word extreme to emphasize because the insinuation is that I or someone else tried to destroy tombs to conceal that they broke a rule and you didn't investigate that further. Additionally to this point, I had asked you to come to my ghost and observe the area. I'm not sure if this happened before or after I asked you observe the area.

The screen shot of the runner destroying the walls does show not the exact location of tombed alpha SG in the picture. However, if the assertion is that it does, then by virtue of comparing them to other screen shots then it was not in the area I was building. The screen shots I provided were given to me by maximusrex. Maximusrex heard that I had been noted for building behind the marines and DMed the screen shots I used(thanks GRUG). As previously stated in the initial investigation, I asked that you reach out to other xenos that were helping me at the area. The two I knew of that participated were GRUG(maximusrex) and MAGE(I don't know their ckey). Both of them participated at the fight and I wanted you to be fully equipped to make a proper judgement call.

The door in the north morgue room proper was blocked off to funnel marines. I believe it was a drone that replaced the destroyed walls to maintain the funneling effect and restrict marine movements on that flank. Other than being in the same area and initially being built by me I'm not sure what further relevance this has as this is not an example of tombing.

I was not confused though I appreciate your consolation. All the confusion that I am currently now experiencing stems from this response in the report and not with your responses during the investigation. Short of your ruling and your response here, I was pleased with how you seemed to be handling the issue.

Notes are inherently harmful, they are a form of punishment. You cannot apply to the staff team within three months of being noted or a whitelist role within a month of being noted. This is your second display of negligence though not as egregious as your first in my eyes. Notes carry this gravity and seriousness no matter how harmless your interpretation is. Just because you interpreted a mountain lion as a house cat doesn't make it not dangerous. We are all human, Firecharge123, sometimes we have to make mistakes to learn.

I've begun to think it's possible this is a case of mistaken identity due to the walls that were built in the area not by me, a runner destroying them and the location of the screenshot provided by yourself. Discounting that and continuing on the current path that that you think I was tombing and deserved to be noted for it as such, despite also saying I wasn't and the fact that I wasn't. While I appreciate the complicated situation you were in, even after your clarification, it is the same. You are both simultaneously saying that I was tombing and I wasn't tombing. What you've done is essentially preemptively punish me for something within the realm of all possibilities I could do. This would be like punishing a person for a crime they'd be capable of committing in the future. I'd like to chalk this up to a new moderator learning how to preform their duties(EG, a doctor practices) and have the note removed with no bad blood.

I am more than happy to answer questions or provide more insight if needed.

I'd also like to thank MaximusRex for stepping up and providing his account of what happend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I'm going to just wrap up any more responses from me in a few statements here;

1.) Not every note on any account is inherently a bad note. Unless it is an actual direct breach of rule, and states this is the case in the note/clarification that it is a bad note, it is NOT a bad note. I have clarified above that the note is NOT a punishment note, and should still 100% available to join a whitelist/apply for staff. However they are still frowned upon in general (generally ones like LRP for whitelists). Notes are a record of what has happened, usually for situations that require punishment yes, but some notes are just a recap of recent situation which could give information to other staff members about someone. You have a previous note about entombing bodies, so I felt it was 100% necessary to note the situation whether or not you did break a rule.

2.) I would like to point out that, I was under direct guidance by a few members of senior administration at this point in time, if this was me alone, I still would have followed the same procedure, however was guided to an equal endpoint by other outside opinions/guidance. I am still taking all responsibility of the situation on myself, but, stating this is 'chalked up to being a new moderator learning how to preform their duties' is rather uncalled for. I attempted to be as professional as possible in the situation, and worked with both sides to come to an agreeable endpoint. I agree, the note is technically wrong, as I stated before it should be edited to say the correct thing, but not changed in its entirety - what the note says should still stand.

3.) I completely agree with your first statement there about the entire north being open. I already stated to the person who ahelped that I saw that it was fine because the north side was open, however, the part that had pictures taken were those of the SOUTH medical bay area near the morgue. The pictures shown were ones given to me by the person who ahelped by the way- And I brought them to attention as this was some of the key evidence parts that I was given.

4.) About the runner. I again state that I am not sure if that image of the runner was the same runner. And I do apologize for not investigating them. However since I was in discussion with other staff members at the time, I was not entirely focused on the runner at the time. I completely agree that the logs for this part of the situation are required- however I am not sure wall breaking will be even logged.

5.) The area that was being investigated, was the exact same area that you were building in. I mostly witnessed you placing the walls around the time after the mortar hit; this is when it was ahelped. As for the pictures provided, they show large clumps of resin walls placed by hivelord + queen. One of them even depicted one of the trapped marines, hence why I felt this one should be emphasized as there is proof there were bodies that were revivable that had walls on them in the area that the incident occurred.

I left the note because of at least 4 key factors of evidence, I could not shrug this situation off in my opinion.

1. You were placing a majority of the walls in the area

2. You were only 1 of two hivelords that were alive at this time in the game, and you were the only one on the front line. You were also the ahelped individual.

3. There were a LOT of walls in the area, including ones ON marines.

4. There was enough evidence that the note was 100% worthy of placement. The note is clarified as non-harmful, and a note to viewed by you to be careful in the future... But you have previous notes of doing this behavior, (albeit not recently, but staff view all notes,) especially since you should know better if you have already been noted for a same/similar situation... I did not escalate from previous note history.
    Last edited by Firecharge123; 08-30-2022 at 04:22 PM. Reason: 4*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident as follows:

If you believe something's missing, please hit me up and let me know!

Victim: Pinkledwrenis
    Accused: Firecharge123

-- Ahelp logs and subsequent reaction --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Server logs do not store fingerprints or wall-locations made by a drone.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! I've reviewed the information given, the logs available and some additional clarification from our dev team, whether there was intentional walling of bodies and whether the player placing the report was responsible for such is inconclusive. Because of this, I feel the right thing to do is extend benefit of the doubt and remove the note.

I feel that Firecharge investigated and acted in good faith, so aside from getting some tips to help in future investigations, I don't believe any other action is needed.