Date of Incident
    August 28, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Adrian Laborde
    Their BYOND Key
    Calvindoyl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3:03 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    Round began and a couple crabs were running around the ship. One came at me so I stabbed it with a knife and killed it. People saw and apparently this is a 'bad', and started hitting me with chairs/punching me/threatening to shoot me with drawn pistols. I didnt respond for the most part, except for drawing a gun when threatened with a drawn gun and telling the person to 'walk away'. MPs arrested one of them, and I went to the dropship to wait for the drop and hope to avoid further incident. A FULL 15 MINUTES LATER an MP came up into the dropship and said 'you are being arrested for deadly assault' or something along those lines, for an offense i supposedly committed while in the DS waiting. Chaos ensued, MP was killed, I didnt go with because it was obviously a troll report that I didnt commit, and me as well as multiple witnesses to me being on the DS told the MP the same.

I get to the planet and receive a 'heavy warning note' from Time_URSS: for 'hiding in the dropship to evade MPs'. I try to explain this situation to them only to have tickets immediately closed and be told to report this to staff as the issue's been handled already.

Granted, stabbing the crab may have been a slightly shitty thing to do in retrospect, but I attempted to avoid escalation by largely standing and taking punches, to the point I was passing out and almost dead, then going to the dropship to hope to avoid further notice/action by the assaulting players and to wait for the drop. To be told I now have a 'heavy warning' for 'borderline griefing' seems slightly unfair. I've made an effort to not be disruptive and it seems that this issue had 0 investigation, and now my account is earmarked or something for discipline?
    I even went so far as to attempt to revive the MP, before being told to 'back off' while my pedals were charging. I dropped the gun he attempted to shoot me with next to his corpse and left.
    Evidence
    I'm bald, and can't figure out how to paste/attach/insert snips here. Should be able to check my outgoing actions/chat/locations vs. incoming actions/chat/locations and/or CM messages i think? Will bear out my story.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Clarification as to whether refusing to follow MPs for a troll arrest is cause for a 'heavy note'? It doesn't seem this was investigated fully, and I wasn't given any opportunity to explain as my subsequent Ahelps were immediately closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, really quickly for the report here on the parts where it says: "Their BYOND Key" you need to have the staff members CKey, not yours. The same would be true for the thread title.

Fax and Form Generator 5000

Senior Admin/Event Maintainer
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report is against Time_URSS, thread title has been changed to match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:
    Calvindoyl - Adrian Laborde (Medic)
    Time_URSS
    Second party
    Third party

Calvindoyl kills two crabs that show up
    Spoiler Spoiler:

People start to beat up the medic for killing the crab
    Spoiler Spoiler:

An MP comes to intervene
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP speaks to the medic about pressing charges
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The MP arrests the SG
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP returns to arrest the medic, but is ganged on in the Normandy
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Time_URSS investigates the situation, then promptly handles it
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Time_URSS was even informed in the original report by the MP that when he went to arrest me, he was aware I was already in the dropship:
    [19:53:44]ADMIN: PM: /(Rufus Smith)->Time_URSS/(Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones): I was trying to arrest Adrian Laborde he was already in the dropship and resisted so I tried to tase him and then was attack. I do not know any of the names of the people who attack me but Adrian Laborde was one of them.

I get arrests on the dropship cause chaos, my thing here is that I was legit AFK in the drop ship dodging people with chairs and waiting to drop, and I get a 'heavy note' for hiding from MP's on drop ship.
    If I should have gone with the MP's regardless of the fact I didn't commit a crime and was being trolled, and am being issued a note for that, perfectly fine, I'll admit to screwing up there (was not aware this was a violation of rules, but 'not being aware is not an excuse') - It just sounds like the heavy note is being issued as the admin was under the impression I ran from MPs to the dropship to specifically hide and create chaos, when I was there to avoid the chaos seen in the medical lobby notes :/

If I could ask for some clarification as to the above with whatever ruling you guys come to, I'd hugely appreciate it so I can improve whatever I did wrong moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! In reviewing the logs, it does appear that the incident was properly investigated and that the note placed is valid.

The logs do show that when you spoke to the moderator handling the ticket, they did tell you:
    "Hello. You'll be formally issued a heavy note due to the chaos you instigated in the dropship by resisting arrest, causing the MP to be stripped, attacked and even killed in the process.

Incidents like these were recently clarified as LRP/Grief due to the chaos it unfolds by hiding in the dropship whilst wanted. Repeating it again will lead to a ban for the same reason."

To hopefully provide some clarification and answer your questions, because dropship arrests frequently result in things getting pretty chaotic, and sometimes cause issues to snowball to the point that the flow of the round is disrupted, hiding in the DS when marked for arrest is against server rules.

Because it would be impractical to have the rules detail every potential situation, 'hiding in the DS' does extend to similar circumstances that can also cause issues- in this case, waiting in the DS while knowing that you were marked for arrest and when the MP arrived, asking others to help you avoid being arrested. You do have the option to run and hide from the MPs, or to go with them and plead your case or appeal.

The logs show that the MPs were given a report of animal abuse and of stabbing someone (withing server escalation rules, but still potentially subject to IC action) after being punched and were correct in following up. Final charges are read after investigation/arrest and before timers start.

MPs are expected to follow both OOC Server Rules and IC Military Law. Sometimes they are given incorrect or incomplete information. If you are marked for arrest for something you did not do, or have the wrong charges applied, you can ahelp and staff will look into it and make an effort to sort things out for you.

Report is Denied. But I do hope I was able to address some of your concerns!

One last note- logs didn't include some of the dialog right before the arrest, what was posted did indicate the player knew they were marked. I grabbed a bit more of the log to be sure on that point. The relevant extra info I am including here for reference.

SAY: Bernard Burkhammer [Charlie]: Adrian, you are wanted for the crime of assault with a deadly weapon.
    SAY: Bernard Burkhammer [Charlie]: You are to report to the Brig within five minutes, and peacefully turn yourself in. If you do not, we will actively seek to arrest you.
    SAY: Adrian Laborde [General]: Err what
    SAY: Adrian Laborde [General]: Assaulting who
    SAY: Bernard Burkhammer [Charlie]: Nathan. Witness testimonies from other officers cooberate it.