User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metagame/metaknowelge Survivor and the rule issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metagame/metaknowelge Survivor and the rule issue

Before pulling out the complainant, this is what is happening.

- Survivor heads to the CMO/RD office.
    - Knocks down the locker and take the command radio headset.
    - Use the radio to the Marines to call immediate help.
    - Marine heads down to the surface in 12:15.
    - Gets the survivor and the Xeno knowledge so they can use that knowledge to fight against the Xenos.

Following the wiki statements announcing of the survivor's knowledge.
    You do not know the Marines are coming to the planet/station nor their intentions, but you do know a distress signal was sent out.

Also following the Rules statements.
    Rule 6. No Metagaming or Metacommunication - Acting upon knowledge your character does not have or communicating information about the current round
    Examples:
    Welding vents before seeing the aliens use them or before they've boarded the ship.
    Building defenses on the ship before a hostile force is en route.

Following from the wiki and the Public rules the HEADMIN has approved, those two has been violated; On the step of - Use the radio to the Marines to call immediate help, as they are NOT supposed to know if Marine forces are already nearby the planet.

However, as from the Senior Administrator's words and the Moderator staffs, they have replied, 'It is an IC issue and have been discussed only from between the admins, but not in public.' Also following up, 'It requires the Headmin's approval.' - AKA, it is not an official rule that the issue is only the IC issue.
    Right now, the Moderator and even some few admins are allowing the survivors to use the meta-knowledge and violating the survivor knowledge limitation, just because they have been discussed about the issue and decided only from between the admin teams but not checking the 'general rules' that are already getting applied to the general gamers and been approved by the headmins.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should just remove all headsets from the colonies that can be used to contact the marines. easy fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That ruling regarding it is directly provided by what you call the headmins, I told you could ask in the rules clarification thread for confirmation there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarmare View Post
    That ruling regarding it is directly provided by what you call the headmins, I told you could ask in the rules clarification thread for confirmation there.
    Meanwhile even if specific line is not provided, I really think if any issue that happens that are related to the actual existing rules like above;Violation of the meta knowlege and violating the survivor's knowlege limit, those must need to be acted by following the currently exisitng rules instead of ignoring/avoiding it with the so-called "IC issue". It is why I am also complaining about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    they should just remove all headsets from the colonies that can be used to contact the marines. easy fix.
    Also been mentioned from Solmare, Dev teams are fixing. However, right now where it is getting really common on taking the radio from the lockers and calling Marines, I really think it must need to be handled instead of pushing it away as an "IC issue" until the Devs actually handles it by removing it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survs are cucked anyway. Faster upgrade and evolution means that you have to be very lucky to survive, even hiding in lockers isn't 100% guaranteed chance.

As a colonist, why they don't know that headsets are in certain offices, or lockers? On maps where comms doesn't work from the start it's reward for restoring them.
    And even if comms are up and they have headset, simple: "Anybody there?" is enough and don't have anything to do with metagaming. If marines respond, then character gains knowledge about marines.

Only on LV comms are working from the start, but surviving in LV is impossible. Early marine drop is the only chance for them. Or should we all embrance our murderboner and kill all survs without chance thus ruining their fun, because we don't want our fun to be a little bit spoiled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Survs are cucked anyway. Faster upgrade and evolution means that you have to be very lucky to survive, even hiding in lockers isn't 100% guaranteed chance.

As a colonist, why they don't know that headsets are in certain offices, or lockers? On maps where comms doesn't work from the start it's reward for restoring them.
    And even if comms are up and they have headset, simple: "Anybody there?" is enough and don't have anything to do with metagaming. If marines respond, then character gains knowledge about marines.

Only on LV comms are working from the start, but surviving in LV is impossible. Early marine drop is the only chance for them. Or should we all embrance our murderboner and kill all survs without chance thus ruining their fun, because we don't want our fun to be a little bit spoiled.
    On the current issue is that this has become really common issue on the "Big Red", where location of the CMO's office and to the Tcomms, LZ1 are all in the same place.
    While also LV624 has similar issue due to the comms are on in the start, on the beginning of all, it doesn't makes sense that the colony side radio is connected to the radio of the military ship's communication.
    Developer may can fix it, but until the fix actually applies, I personally think it needs to be handled instead of pushing the issue to "IC issue" and ignoring it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    On the current issue is that this has become really common issue on the "Big Red", where location of the CMO's office and to the Tcomms, LZ1 are all in the same place.
    While also LV624 has similar issue due to the comms are on in the start, on the beginning of all, it doesn't makes sense that the colony side radio is connected to the radio of the military ship's communication.
    Developer may can fix it, but until the fix actually applies, I personally think it needs to be handled instead of pushing the issue to "IC issue" and ignoring it.
    Before cucking survs even more, we need solution to their problem. I can agree that survs should have a hard time, but survival without admemes/preds help shouldn't be impossible. Just remove/restrict command headsets planetside and it will make sense.
    General channel might be universal, since everyone can hear it. CLF, UPP, PMC, Marines etc. Without them, survivors have 0 chance to survive on their own, especially on LV.

Again, before cucking survs even more, find solution to their problem. If they have to rely on breaking rules to survive, it's not problem with surv players, but with surv role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Before cucking survs even more, we need solution to their problem. I can agree that survs should have a hard time, but survival without admemes/preds help shouldn't be impossible. Just remove/restrict command headsets planetside and it will make sense.
    General channel might be universal, since everyone can hear it. CLF, UPP, PMC, Marines etc. Without them, survivors have 0 chance to survive on their own, especially on LV.

Again, before cucking survs even more, find solution to their problem. If they have to rely on breaking rules to survive, it's not problem with surv players, but with surv role.
    I don't think you are understanding my point. What the thing right now I'm complaining are two things. One is that the survivors are violating a metagame rule and the survivor's knowlege limitation, and two is that right now, the admin team is just pushing those violations away to the corner.
    Yes, as I also was informed, developers are handling the issue by removing the headset. But, until the update actually applies, this metagame issue must need to be handled instead of pushing it away to the side.

Edit : Grammar issues

2nd Edit : Yes, Common channel are 'general radio channel' that can be used by anyone. However, this right now, the headset is directly connected to the Marine's Command radio channel, which is nonsense. Also the common radio channel are separated by the surface and the shipside.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 03-10-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Adding data

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    I don't think you are understanding my point. What the thing right now I'm complaining are two things. One is that the survivors are violating a metagame rule and the survivor's knowlege limitation, and two is that right now, the admin team is just pushing those violations away to the corner.
    Yes, as I also was informed, developers are handling the issue by removing the headset. But, until the update actually applies, this metagame issue must need to be handled instead of pushing it away to the side.

Edit : Grammar issues

2nd Edit : Yes, Common channel are 'general radio channel' that can be used by anyone. However, this right now, the headset is directly connected to the Marine's Command radio channel, which is nonsense. Also the common radio channel are separated by the surface and the shipside.
    It's not uncommon for light meta gaming to be ignored. Marines get away with it all the time. Tactics such as hiding in lockers in sealed rooms because you 'know' xenos can use vents without having ever seen it.

These are all IC problems for the MPs to deal with, as the SOs will report it and send down MPs to the FoB.

This solves these problems perfectly.