Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Metagame/metaknowelge Survivor and the rule issue

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Powergaming and metaknowledge are intrinsically linked, one leads to the other. Is it meta for survivors to meet up in the armoury? They don't know that other survivors are going to go there ICly but OOCly survivors know where to hold and where to find other survivors, e.g. Secure dome holdouts.

Buffing survivors would just result in large numbers of xenos dying before marines even land which would lead to xeno buffs being needed and would overall adversely impact game play for marines.

Most survivors don't RP, in fact it's the most boring part of being a survivor. Survivor players have fun trying to survive, hence their role name. Your meant to be outgunned and outnumbered because that is what being a survivor is, you won't last forever, but you have to try and last long enough.

Your talking alot of nonsense about xeno power levels. Xenos seem strong to survivors because they have had to be balanced around survivor strong points like reinforced wall room holdouts (e.g. Secure Dome) and the maps survivors are weak on are maps where they lack these or where they are not obvious.
    You can't even "meta know" if survivors will be in armory, because not all survs go there. Currently there is no point and I would "meta" that I will be alone in armory, or every surivor there will be pretty new to the game, or role, because he don't know that you can't hold benos.
    It's reasonable IC to go to armory, you need weapon, since every surv besides chaplain spawn with shitty pistol and one mag inside.
    Is it powergaming to try to kill survs just for them to never speak to marines, even on comms? Yes.

4 survivors can't be more powerfull than 4 marines, no matter what. If 4 survivors could easly kill large numbers of xenos, then xenos would die to one squad for sure.
    On every map besides Ice, survs can't even access Hive location. Even if they would be god-like, benos can retreat, so statement that 4 survs buffed would result in large numbers of xenos dying is invalid.

Nearly every Survivor RP, that's the point of the role. In those rare moments when benos are not storming their hideout, they talk to eachother, they accuse WY workers for shit that happened etc.
    Surv gameplay after cadding yourself is no different that holding FOB/SD/Hydro on smaller scale. This part of gameplay for survs is no unique, so it's not what they are based. You can be PFC in the same situation during every round.
    Currently, survs can do only that: Try. Try and fucking die/be captured every time. It's not fun. Without admeme/pred intervention/early marine drop, survs have 0% chance to survive, no matter where they will hide.

This is complete bullshit. Xenos are not balanced around survivors. Xenos are balanced around marines. Before update that made benos evolve earlier, survs had significant chance to survive. It wasn't even 50% chance for atleast one to survive, but it was something real. Now, because boilers and crushers show up way before marines can, survs die every single time.
    Reinforced wall is a joke for young boiler, or crusher. Row of cades is a joke for young boiler, or crusher.

Agains, I have to make very, very clear: Before fast evolution update for benos, survs were in fine spot. Now they are not and they need any help they can get. Understand this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You can't even "meta know" if survivors will be in armory, because not all survs go there. Currently there is no point and I would "meta" that I will be alone in armory, or every surivor there will be pretty new to the game, or role, because he don't know that you can't hold benos.
    It's reasonable IC to go to armory, you need weapon, since every surv besides chaplain spawn with shitty pistol and one mag inside.
    Is it powergaming to try to kill survs just for them to never speak to marines, even on comms? Yes.

4 survivors can't be more powerfull than 4 marines, no matter what. If 4 survivors could easly kill large numbers of xenos, then xenos would die to one squad for sure.
    On every map besides Ice, survs can't even access Hive location. Even if they would be god-like, benos can retreat, so statement that 4 survs buffed would result in large numbers of xenos dying is invalid.

Nearly every Survivor RP, that's the point of the role. In those rare moments when benos are not storming their hideout, they talk to eachother, they accuse WY workers for shit that happened etc.
    Surv gameplay after cadding yourself is no different that holding FOB/SD/Hydro on smaller scale. This part of gameplay for survs is no unique, so it's not what they are based. You can be PFC in the same situation during every round.
    Currently, survs can do only that: Try. Try and fucking die/be captured every time. It's not fun. Without admeme/pred intervention/early marine drop, survs have 0% chance to survive, no matter where they will hide.

This is complete bullshit. Xenos are not balanced around survivors. Xenos are balanced around marines. Before update that made benos evolve earlier, survs had significant chance to survive. It wasn't even 50% chance for atleast one to survive, but it was something real. Now, because boilers and crushers show up way before marines can, survs die every single time.
    Reinforced wall is a joke for young boiler, or crusher. Row of cades is a joke for young boiler, or crusher.

Agains, I have to make very, very clear: Before fast evolution update for benos, survs were in fine spot. Now they are not and they need any help they can get. Understand this.
    So what is your alternative? Runners just wander round the colony until they stumble their way to the armoury?

Marines don't do that. Once they land they head straight for caves.

On every map survviors can walk to the hive if they so please, there is literally ALWAYS a path to the hive bar LV, if the fog is up.

Most survviors head back down at some point because RP is boring compared to being an unga, if you buff survivors that is all they will do.

Survivors have a pretty high survival chance no matter the map, it's only after 12:25 that their survival chance start to drastically drop.

So what you want is massive xenos debuffs? And you have no concern how this would affect xeno vs marine gameplay? The fact of the matter is 4 civilians shouldn't have an easy time surviving against the race that wiped their colony, it would make no sense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone metagames to some extent, trying to police it is useless and would be annoying for staff and the players.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is your alternative? Runners just wander round the colony until they stumble their way to the armoury?

Marines don't do that. Once they land they head straight for caves.

On every map survviors can walk to the hive if they so please, there is literally ALWAYS a path to the hive bar LV, if the fog is up.

Most survviors head back down at some point because RP is boring compared to being an unga, if you buff survivors that is all they will do.

Survivors have a pretty high survival chance no matter the map, it's only after 12:25 that their survival chance start to drastically drop.

So what you want is massive xenos debuffs? And you have no concern how this would affect xeno vs marine gameplay? The fact of the matter is 4 civilians shouldn't have an easy time surviving against the race that wiped their colony, it would make no sense.
    It's perfectly fine for benos to scout the colony, but they are magically ASAP at surv spawn point and armories just when they can evolve from larvae. Strange, I guess benos can't meta.

Yeah, they go straight to the caves, but with survs knowing about hive, they could tell them and it would no longer be meta. On Big Red hive can be in two places.

I want to know how to walk to the hive on Big Red. Can you explain how to do it without C4?

If somebody can't RP for 10 minutes, they won't whatever you will give them. Besides, how xenos decimating survs will add RP?

Please, play few rounds in a row check how many times all survivors wasn't killed, or captured (not counting hiding in lockers). When I play as a marine, it's nearly never. I don't remember seeing surv alive after fast evolve update besides synth surv and this is because he was revived, because they don't have 5 minute timer to defib.

Where do you see me writing that I want any nerf for benos? Please, show me quote where I state that.
    I want survs to get significant chance to survive, or to just them removed. Benos shouldn't have free toy they can play with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's perfectly fine for benos to scout the colony, but they are magically ASAP at surv spawn point and armories just when they can evolve from larvae. Strange, I guess benos can't meta.

Yeah, they go straight to the caves, but with survs knowing about hive, they could tell them and it would no longer be meta. On Big Red hive can be in two places.

I want to know how to walk to the hive on Big Red. Can you explain how to do it without C4?

If somebody can't RP for 10 minutes, they won't whatever you will give them. Besides, how xenos decimating survs will add RP?

Please, play few rounds in a row check how many times all survivors wasn't killed, or captured (not counting hiding in lockers). When I play as a marine, it's nearly never. I don't remember seeing surv alive after fast evolve update besides synth surv and this is because he was revived, because they don't have 5 minute timer to defib.

Where do you see me writing that I want any nerf for benos? Please, show me quote where I state that.
    I want survs to get significant chance to survive, or to just them removed. Benos shouldn't have free toy they can play with.
    Xenos know survivors are still around. They search the colony until they find em. If survivors always go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survviors are. It isn't meta.

Big Red, literal massive open path into caves east of hydro (near ETA). If you played xeno more you'd know this.

I didn't said dead survviors add more RP, only that living ones barely count as a separate role from marines.

Synths survivors rarely get murdered unless they are hanging with the survivors. Xenos like synths because they are allowed to RP with them.

CABAL, most of your posts in The Hive can be summed up as 'Xenos OP', even when they were losing 90%+ for the past 3 weeks.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos know survivors are still around. They search the colony until they find em. If survivors always go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survviors are. It isn't meta.

Big Red, literal massive open path into caves east of hydro (near ETA). If you played xeno more you'd know this.

I didn't said dead survviors add more RP, only that living ones barely count as a separate role from marines.

Synths survivors rarely get murdered unless they are hanging with the survivors. Xenos like synths because they are allowed to RP with them.

CABAL, most of your posts in The Hive can be summed up as 'Xenos OP', even when they were losing 90%+ for the past 3 weeks.
    "If survivors always go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survviors are. It isn't meta."
    This one line: If survivors always (every round) go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survivors are (literally meta knowledge from past rounds that xenos don't have). It isn't meta.
    I guess going to surv spawn points as larvae also counts as that.

Please, back those 90%+ past 3 weeks, or admit big, mindless xeno bias.
    Game is rigged for 65% +/- 5%. Even if benos were losing more than winning for a short amount of time, this doesn't mean that they won't be buffed into OP state that won't be 50-50 for sure.
    Most of your posts in The Hive can be summoned up as "Xenos Very Weak, Buff them Please", even when past years they were winning 75%+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If survivors always go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survviors are. It isn't meta."
    This one line: If survivors always (every round) go to armories then xenos are always gonna be there because that is where the survivors are (literally meta knowledge from past rounds that xenos don't have). It isn't meta.
    I guess going to surv spawn points as larvae also counts as that.

Please, back those 90%+ past 3 weeks, or admit big, mindless xeno bias.
    Game is rigged for 65% +/- 5%. Even if benos were losing more than winning for a short amount of time, this doesn't mean that they won't be buffed into OP state that won't be 50-50 for sure.
    Most of your posts in The Hive can be summoned up as "Xenos Very Weak, Buff them Please", even when past years they were winning 75%+.
    It's not meta knowledge to walk around the colony and stumble upon survivors. If survivors aren't at armories then xenos won't be there (because there are no survivors). Stop trying to twist my words.

Larvas are still xenos, using vents to find survivors (which will take you off weeds and increase time it takes you to evolve) isn't meta.

Back it up? Have you been playing for the past 3 weeks?

Most of my posts are arguing with you, so of course you'd see my posts that way.

I also only started playing xeno last year mid summer so the past years (plural) means nothing to me.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not meta knowledge to walk around the colony and stumble upon survivors. If survivors aren't at armories then xenos won't be there (because there are no survivors). Stop trying to twist my words.

Larvas are still xenos, using vents to find survivors (which will take you off weeds and increase time it takes you to evolve) isn't meta.

Back it up? Have you been playing for the past 3 weeks?

Most of my posts are arguing with you, so of course you'd see my posts that way.

I also only started playing xeno last year mid summer so the past years (plural) means nothing to me.
    Xenos are in Amory and Surv spawn points ASAP, which means "As FaSt As Possible". Weed bonus to evolution doesn't count, it's couple of seconds, saved on scouting as defenceless larvae. It's meta.

Yes, I do. Marines and Xenos are winning and losing, but I don't know the exact rate. I suppose it's close to 50%

Most of my post are arguing with xeno mains like you, so of course you'd see my post that way.

I'm playing CM maybe less than two years, but it's fairly regular. Benos back then were straight up, clear face to face OP thanks to 75% winrate. No it's aimed at 65% +/- 5%, which you might guess: Is not fair.

Besides, this thread isn't about xenos, it's about survs being too weak so that they have meta to survive, not xenos being too strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold up on a second, why does peoples DON'T understand the main topic even after I've shortened the topic down?

The main topic I want to say are VERY simple.

- The colony side's CMO/RD's radio is somehow connected to the ship side's command radio channel.
    - Survivor users are right now abusing this faulty.
    - Admins right now are pushing this issue to an "IC issue".
    - Also just pushing it away to the corner until the Developer fixes this trouble.

Why the hell the topic is going to south peoples? I know Survs are metagame role, I know they can call help somehow but RIGHT NOW. They are calling help THROUGH THE COMMAND CHANNEL of the MILITARY SHIP by using the COLONY SIDE'S CMO/RD HEADSET RADIO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    Hold up on a second, why does peoples DON'T understand the main topic even after I've shortened the topic down?

The main topic I want to say are VERY simple.

- The colony side's CMO/RD's radio is somehow connected to the ship side's command radio channel.
    - Survivor users are right now abusing this faulty.
    - Admins right now are pushing this issue to an "IC issue".
    - Also just pushing it away to the corner until the Developer fixes this trouble.

Why the hell the topic is going to south peoples? I know Survs are metagame role, I know they can call help somehow but RIGHT NOW. They are calling help THROUGH THE COMMAND CHANNEL of the MILITARY SHIP by using the COLONY SIDE'S CMO/RD HEADSET RADIO.
    WHY does THIS SIMPLE TOPIC is going to OB and vents and all those weird stuffs I EVEN DIDN'T MENTION about? More simpler if there are peoples who STILL doesn't understand my arguement.

- Colony side Radio connected to Shipside "COMMAND" radio.
    - Survivors using this method, almost in an abusive level.
    - Admins pushing this away ignoring EVEN it's violating Rule 6.
    - Also ignoring it until Dev fixes.