User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taterthetank - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taterthetank - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    taterthetank
    Character Name?
    James Potatio
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    I realy dont know, its been a while y'know? PS (I think it was lego somethin)
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    null
    What other servers do you play on?
    Hippie station where I'm a mentor, and yes I know there's ZERO RP that goes on there.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I don't think I've ever had a ban of any type on any server, EXCEPT CM-SS13.
    Reason for Ban
    Dunno what the exact messages where, but I can tell yall what happened. Around the end of a round a mutiny took place, at this time I had literly no clue there was a mutiny going on. I was the CMP and the CE had just called me into engineering (I think) but I was in engineering when it happened. The CE happened while I was talking to him literly bashed by skull in with a wrench one time and I went unconscious. when I woke up I was cuffed and the CE was dragging me towards CIC, at this time my headset was removed and I had no clue what was going on. The CE was talking to me the entire trip, honeslty he made it sound like he was literly an enemy of the colonial marines and weyland yutani. he was talkin like he was gonna hand me over to the enemy, which literly made me think that it was either some sort of event or somethin. once we got to CIC there was a marine who was there, I asked for him to help me, this was at the ring that goes around CIC. To my mistake as CMP, I ordered the marine to incapacitate my captor the CE, this is where it all went wrong for me. The marine literly ended up murdering the CE. around this time a doctor let me free and healed me up, I think I got shotup a bit by the marine who was literly shooting the CE down the hallway. after that I learned of the mutiny. a while after I died of some internal injury. an admin contacted me, told me that it was against the rules to do something like that and that I broke marine law.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    null
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)[INDENT][I] Now I know I haven't played much recently, and the admin that banned me told I should play for a while without any notes and after that I should appeal. I know that I've done some things in the past that weren't exactly the best decisions, but to be honest I realize what I did wrong, and I "usually" never repeat my mistakes. infact I think this is the only problem I've had when playing MP (turns out its not), and I spent a lot of time playing MP. I really should have read the rules and marine law more closely and better. I'm sorry for what I did and I really want a second chance at playing MP. if you need me to present anymore specific details please ask, ill be willing to provide as much as I can.

PS: I completely forgot about half those notes, also when I went to the planet as an MP it was a legit accident, I admit to everything else, I can understand if you don't want to unjob ban me.
    Last edited by taterthetank; 03-10-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Adding stuff in as a PS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Activity is ok since ban was placed.

Decided to logdive to get a better picture of the situation :

Fails an Arrest and gets robusted by CE :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Being moved around, stripped, healed :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Meeting people & Incident :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Staff PM logs
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs show the incident is rather minor for a jobban and confirms your side of the story.
    It's been a while and, as the note states, you've been "apologetic and reasonable" both during the incident and in your appeal.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least some activity over the months thoough it isn't much, you also seem to realize what the issue was with what you were doing.
    Shouldn't be reasonable but the ban seems fine to lift now, for MP if nothing else at least.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be ok with you getting another shot at MP, and if you keep your nose clean, you can apply for a CMP unban down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The genereal consensus of the Admin team at the time seems to be to give you another shot at MP. I do agree however that CMP should be appealed at a later date so we can assess if there are any issues should this be approved.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. It's been almost six months so I think you deserve a shot at MP again.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You recognize your mistakes and you seem sincere about wanting to improve. I agree that the MP jobban should be lifted. If you show us that you can play MP without getting more notes, then it seems likely that you'll be able to get CMP lifted too. Do note that you have to wait at least a month between appeals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban is actually old enough to be lifted. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this lifted in good faith +1
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler: