User Tag List

Thread: MarpleJones - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarpleJones - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    MarpleJones
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Brock Rockwell
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Lobo#5913
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    Not Availlable
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Military Police
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    N/A
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    None.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Yes, but that was at least a year or two ago.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    Dicked around with the MP role, and rightfully received a reprimand because of it.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    Having returned to the game after a lengthy absence, I decided to join the game as a Military Police Cadet. I knew the baseline MP rules at the time, but decided to lower the standard a little. At the start of the round, a marine would start disrespecting me and another guy, and the MP role as a whole. Instead of softgriefing with jail time, I went and started actively pranking the guy with various harmless, basically non-intrusive actions. Towards the end of my shenanigans, he called a moderator on me. I was promptly banned for three days, and was bonked for breaking the 18+ and SOP rules- even though to me, it seemed as if the whole thing was greatly exaggerated.

No, I am not an LRPer. I do not know why the moderator thought that it was LRP, either. I was part of two different HRP whitelists, and still pursue a higher grade of character roleplay to this day.

Nevertheless, seeing that the RP standard has supposedly greatly, greatly increased (for better or worse), I will strive to adapt to what is considered the "norm", and avoid situations like these in the future.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! I'm the admin assigned to your appeal. It'll be discussed over the next few days!
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I'll be denying your appeal. I know you can be a great role player and your whitelists are clear evidence that you can understand rules and guidelines that are tied to certain roles.

But I can't overlook that, in this case, you have blatantly ignored those rules and guidelines. And then in your appeal blamed that ignorance on the rules and the staff, rather than your own decisions. You're a veteran player. You know how the server works. You're better than you were that day.

You can appeal again in 30 days.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)