User Tag List

Thread: Clean maps for events? (pictured examples)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Clean maps for events? (pictured examples)

Imagine if you would a map where the xenomorph infestation never happened. The colonist never had a grand last stand. Just a colony going about its day to day operations without any hickups. No dead bodies and ammo strewn about, clean floors, lived in areas, working departments.

Thats pretty much what I'm getting at. Maps like this to be used for events at the behest of admins, I mean the whole reason why most HVH events (or really events in general) suck ass is because of broken stuff that no one has touched in since 2018.
    So with most of the infrastructure already being built into the map major events (mostly HVH events) could go a lot more smoothly then they currently are.

So how do we go about doing this?
    real simple actually, we remove all signs of the xenomorphs even existing on the map.
    That means fixing all of the broken walls, busted windows, xeno blood, human blood, scattered guns, scattered ammo, pick up all the trash, add more tools, add guns in armory, add more medical equipment (such as autodocs), add working generators, remove barricades, remove intel in various places, remove xeno weed spawners, remove queen spawns, remove xenos spawns, remove various item spawners, remove xeno wall spawners, remove bodies, remove notes, and remove gibs......

WELL that does sound like a lot doesn't it? Before you get down my neck talking about "thats to time consuming" or "it would take to long and would be to hard" i will let you know i managed to do it by myself in under 4 hours on solaris ridge. Now granted Solaris is quite small however it would not take that much longer even for a very destroyed map like prision. Maybe a few weeks max.

Pictured here Is my clean version of the map. Pictured here is the old map.

That pretty much ends what i wanted to talk about. Think its useless? tell me below, always love feedback on muh ideas.

EDIT(9/8/22): Made it so that the armory can only be opened by people with MP or colony security clearance. Should (hopefully) stop people from rushing into the armory to loot shit so that the Sec can keep actual order.

Even better news i just finished up the Prison map. Photo of the cleaned up map Here
    Last edited by CLF; 09-09-2022 at 04:55 AM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be a neat idea to have actually operational colonies. I always wonder why shore leave is on a colony littered with guns and blood with like 2 colonists. Would be great help for running HvH or even RP events on the planet.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be a neat idea to have actually operational colonies.
    thanks homie. Was gonna go as far as giving colonist their own Comms for individual departments and a custom role as groundside governor with his own annocment console, took one good look at the code for comms and said fuck that. It can be done but for a person like me it would take a month at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP events would decimate the unga hordes that just have TDM in their brains. That said I do love this idea as colony events have been something I've been suggesting for years.

Maybe there could be an eventual Xeno outbreak on the map or maybe just have a couple xenos at roundstart in the labs, and it's on them (and the human players) if they break out or not. Could open a lots of positions for cool RP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    RP events would decimate the unga hordes that just have TDM in their brains.
    Hell it aint even gotta be RP events. Just some good old fashion HVH between some UPP and USMC. which the commie hating unga hordes can 1000% get behind!