0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TheeBiggest - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    TheeBiggest

What is your discord username and handle?
    The Biggest UwU#4046

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC+2

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    N/A

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    I can say I'm quite proficient with each command role, whether it be Captain of the USS Almayer or playing as a Squad Leader, or even being in charge of ship departments like MP or Requisitions.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    I currently have 31.4 hours playing XO at this time of submitting this application.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    I currently have 82.2 hours playing Squad Leader at this time of submitting this application.

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    Years of service, observing her superior officers from the other departments, learning techniques they provide to the cause, allowing Jacobson to climb the ranks so she can display her leadership her own way. When the time came and the position was offered, she was more than thrilled to take charge of her own ship and platoon. Not only to do things her way but to give a reminder to her crew, things must be done in a strict, militarized fashion so she can sustain minimal losses that will occur in the future of her career.

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    Growing up, Jane was subjected to her mother's way of parenting. Instead of becoming a deadbeat nobody, her mother pushed and pushed for her daughter to get into college and sign up for Officer Training within the USCM. Thanks to her loving, short tempered mother, Jane was able to become a commissioned officer, focused on the supply, or rather, Requisitions side after being assigned to different USCM vessels.

Overtime as Jacobson gained officer-like experience dealing with enlisted soldiers, she noticed a common trend with how there were men and women who treated themselves as "that guy" only to return in a body bag after the operation. This repeating trend was getting Jacobson disappointed, angry with how she saw the lack of discipline in these soldiers, forging a new resolve in the Lieutenant which inspired her rise above, pushing herself for greater heights instead of being comfy as the head lead for the Requisitions department, reminding herself of her mother's teachings.

High Command noticed Jacobson's leadership as Captain of the USS Duskbreaker, more notably her offensive assault against a CLF moon outpost, sustaining minimal casualties rather than the common 25-30% rating. To reward her for her service, Jacobson was offered not only the rank of Major but given a place for her own ship to command, all of which the officer was more than happy to accept.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    My story showing how Jacobson interacts with her crew

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    One scenario, a marine was stuck in, lets say, Research and they had no way of getting out, neither a CMO or researcher was awake to free them so they break the glass to get out, MP finds the evidence and does the arrest. I would of course listen to the Marine's side and confirm the evidence, pardoning the prisoner.

Another scenario, MPs are called to arrest a doctor and marine for assault, the marine grabbing and "table'd" the doctor while actively disarming him. I would ask both parties for their say, the marine telling how the doctor was using stims to overdose the marine after a disagreement they had. Talking to the doctor, their side is they wanted to take and keep the an item the marine had, which prompted the overdose so they could steal the item. Confirming the chemical usage in the marine and the wasted stim from the doctor's belongings, I would pardon the marine and allow the doctor to suffer the timer for their own law break.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    The battle planet-side is raging and to ensure our victory, I deploy to the ground, acting as the main coordinator for FOB's defenses. The SL in charge of the Squad for FOB starts getting upset and angry how I'm making their role useless and invalid. Their emotions getting worse and begin making murderous intents, telling his squad how "I'm a stupid leader." and "I should kill her so we can win". Making seditious acts, inciting his squad to mutiny against me. I would end up Battlefield executing the Squad Leader for being a threat to my command.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey TheeBiggest AKA Jane. I played a lot of SO with you when I had more time. I am happy to see your progression. Above all you are a great roleplayer. To me RP is everything. However, we need to discuss technical skill. You are a great SO and XO. Your communication skills are good. I have full faith and confidence you will do the CO Whitelist proud. This is an easy +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will preface this with I do not possess any whitelists and will not give a vote, etcetera etcetera, but I will provide my opinion and input on TheeBiggest/Katie/Jane as a player.

SQUAD LEADER

I have seen Jane as Squad Leader a few times - unfortunately due to timezones and other differences with my current university schedule, I have missed a few of their more recent rounds. However, in my experiences and time spent with them, they have operated well as a Squad Leader. When they are acting Squad Leader, they perform their duties as an SL and as their original role quite well - and even as a non-SL they relay info regarding the battlefield. I would like to see them as SL more often, but I also understand that it can be stressful to play and isn't as fun as say, smartgunner or similar.

I also believe, however, that their experience as a synthetic adds on to their experience as a Squad Leader - I have seen them on the frontline multiple times, and due to them having access to all radio channels and being able to observe the frontline, I believe that it adds on to their ability to squad lead. They have a rare opportunity to observe how fronts fall and collapse, on how to fix it by getting others to do it or doing it themselves, and how other Squad Leaders are playing the game. My ultimate summary here is effectively just that I feel they are fully capable and understanding of frontline leadership and maintenance due to their hours as a synthetic and as a squad leader, and that they are aware of the limitations of marines.

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

I will admit that I have not seen Katie/Jane/TheeBiggest as XO particularly often - but, from when I have, they did quite well. They are fast and accurate with their information relay, and while I have not been able to see them roleplay as an XO due to me not being in CiC with them and most of their rounds being rather hectic, I know that they are capable of it due to their other whitelist.

Their capabilities as an XO are good, as well, in terms of understanding marine limitations and not being overly demanding, along with relying on SL's to make judgement calls when possible. One thing I will say, however, is that they are very aggressive with using ,abcd , and in my opinion may need to tone it down. This is overall a minor issue, though, and I believe they may have corrected it based off feedback from others.

ROLEPLAY ABILITIES

This is what I personally feel is the most important part of an XO or any role.

In terms of roleplay, TheeBiggest exemplifies it perfectly, in my opinion. Their roleplay as a synthetic is quite strong from what I have seen, and while I attempt to interact with every synth I see, I understand that they are busy. In the short periods of downtime that I do see them have, however, or the short time they have to speak, they put in a large amount of effort to roleplay. As Jane, I have also seen them roleplay - I have seen them have a hatred for synths before as Jane, for instance.

In terms of their synthetic, they also rank among one of my favourites to see around, and when I see them as an MP I also know that I'm probably not going to get brigged for something stupid.

OVERALL

Overall, I feel like TheeBiggest is a model community member. Every interaction I've had with them has been pleasant and I have not seen them ever be toxic at all - everyone gets mad, obviously, and everyone loses their temper, but if so they are incredibly good at managing it. I feel they would be a great fit for the CO whitelist with their roleplay skills - their XO and SL gameplay also seems fine to good to me, but the knowledge they likely have from playing Synthetic also adds on to this in my opinion, and I feel it should be taken in to account.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more responses. I typically look at applicant's OOC and IC behavior. Both are important to factor in.
    From what I've seen OOCly, Theebiggest has a quite likable and distinct personality.
    IC, Jane is a great support player and from the few rounds I've seen them as XO they do quite well.
    I believe they go above the mark for being a CO.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song here,

So far I haven't noticed anything that would gather me a red flag at all. I think Jane would fit rather nicely amongst the Majors. I do think Jane should XO more often, but overall, I do not see Jane griefing the WL in a terrible way.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very little community support and we haven’t been able to see you play much. I understand there are people who religiously roll XO, but you had a golden opportunity when one of them received a command ban and the other was away on a training op to try and get more exposure. When I was applying for CO I had 4-5 people competing with me every time I rolled and I still managed to get 30 hours of play time on XO in the 3 weeks or so my app was up. I also understand that burn out is a real thing, especially on XO, but if you’re burnt out already after a relatively minor amount of rounds that doesn’t bode well for obtaining CO where the pressure is far higher and quite literally the entire server and staff are looking at what you’re doing and saying. It does not seem to me you really want CO, and I’m worried if we give it to you - you’d burn yourself out or become bitter especially when people start calling you incompetent over things you had 0 control.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    Very little community support and we haven’t been able to see you play much. I understand there are people who religiously roll XO, but you had a golden opportunity when one of them received a command ban and the other was away on a training op to try and get more exposure. When I was applying for CO I had 4-5 people competing with me every time I rolled and I still managed to get 30 hours of play time on XO in the 3 weeks or so my app was up. I also understand that burn out is a real thing, especially on XO, but if you’re burnt out already after a relatively minor amount of rounds that doesn’t bode well for obtaining CO where the pressure is far higher and quite literally the entire server and staff are looking at what you’re doing and saying. It does not seem to me you really want CO, and I’m worried if we give it to you - you’d burn yourself out or become bitter especially when people start calling you incompetent over things you had 0 control.

To reply to this, it's not that I'm burnt of playing Command/XO or whatever. It's more so that my in real life events that cause the burnout, more specifically my job. Excuse or not, it's outside influences that get me worn out and I want a stable mentality and above average roleplay experiences to give when I choose the higher role options. I don't want to pick XO and make shit plans and shit on players because of a shit day I had, it's not fair to them. I still am doing the XO grind whenever I can, but I am more-so focused on my wellbeing in life. I would love to have the CO WL, I understand my activity isn't the best but I try, I do care, and I try to fit whatever time I have into the XO role. There shouldn't be any fear about any mood change I have to due uncontrollable events ingame, after all, it's just a game.

We discussed a bit more in DMs and forums was being unkind to me last night but I won't throw the towel in yet if denied and I completely forgot what else I typed but, I'll keep trying!

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately as c4x said we can’t at the moment accept this application due to most of the Council, as well as a lot of people in general, being unable to see you in action sufficiently enough to gauge your qualities and behavior.

Since you were actually trying to roll up to this point, we’ll halve the normal reapplication date from 30 days to 14 - so you may reapply on October 11. Bear in mind, though, that you should make sure you have people and Councilors willing to vouch for you or at least give feedback before reapplying; otherwise we’ll be back at square one.

So I’m afraid this app’s gonna have to be denied for now. Keep a high head, though! You’ve got potential. Just need to see you in action more to be confident in that.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump