Date of Incident
    September 8, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Pal Johnson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    sandvich

Accused Character Name
    Nasoki 'Coward' Chen

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    9:14pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2

Description of the incident:
    Round ends Chen fires OB on single drone. XO noticies and I order arrest of SO Chen for Neglect of duty for wasting OB on the single drone. XO agreed. Arrest is preformed by MP and I ask the MP to leave SO chen on the hair by processing to explain the issue.

He makes the argument that the charge of NOD is stupid because areas said a single xeno exist. I argued that the operation officially ended and that Items like the OB shouldn't be used per regulation. Waste of money to shoot a million-dollar machine at a single drone. There was back and forth then I recommended he fax the issue. I process him with the arrest of NOD.

I strip him and leave him with his ID as you need them for the vending machines in the back. SO Chen then proceeds to use the ID to open the cell door unlocked locker, stole shotgun, and ran off. I was busy trying to deal with brig bombing by RO who decided to do it which I belive is related to a previous arrest.

I chased him down the upper brig maitance. We get to the ladder at that point Chen pulls out the shotgun and weilds it with both hands with intent to shoot which I assume was bait. I pull out my pistol and shoot as I believe my life is threatened and he PB me resulting in my death.

He also killed the other MP that was chasing him down asking for forgiveness shortly after round was being ended. Proceeded to brag about it in last round chat after the round.

The issue here is at the end of the round Chen used his position as SO to break ML by using OB to wipe out a single drone that was actively being hunted by marines. Most important was the fact that he willingly used his ID to jailbreak and grab a gun with intent to shoot or bait a shootout resulting in a murder during the round end which would be a bit of EORG if you ask me. As per punishment, I think temp ban and jban as chen used his access to circumvent punishment during the end of the round and caused EORG.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...76/unknown.png

"2ndLt Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command (SO)] says, "Also I had to kill another MP, hope that can be forgiven""
    "2ndLt Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command (SO)] says, "THEY'RE TRYING TO ARREST ME, IT'S NOT MY FAULT THEY SUCK""

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes
    Last edited by TheFlyingFlail; 09-09-2022 at 02:55 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this. They'll come within this day if not tomorrow.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident as follows:

If you think something's missing, please reach me out and let me know!

Victim: TheFlyingFlail
    Accuser: Sandvich123
    Third Parties

-- Accused alerts of OB firing, stating their intention --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- CO confronts the SO and asks CMP to arrest them --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- An MP proceeds to arrest the SO [Chat logs after the arrest included] --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Scenario where the SO is placed on a chair and processed. [All chat logs included] --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Cuffs are removed from Nasoki, processing concludes. ID was left on them, as stated on report. [Skipped the stripping logs] --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- First logs of the shooting --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- After the shootout logs [Stripping logs underlined for relevancy on next logs] --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- RO blows up the yard, MPs deal with Chen on the while [RO logs skipped due to irrellevancy] --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Command and MPs decide to raise the code to blue as a consequence of the attacks --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- In this period, the RO is arrested. SO is subsequently found and tased, retaliates with shooting the MP, and loots/cuffs them afterwards. --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Code raised to red --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- SO explains the events over Command channel --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- SO gets apparently trapped in CIC armory --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Round ends right afterwards.
    Last edited by Time_URSS; 09-12-2022 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Edited log titles.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! So I'm the accused here (I may not be very quick to respond due to my college schedule and I really don't have time to divert). Let's dig in!

Round ends Chen fires OB on single drone. XO noticies and I order arrest of SO Chen for Neglect of duty for wasting OB on the single drone. XO agreed. Arrest is preformed by MP and I ask the MP to leave SO chen on the hair by processing to explain the issue.
    So I'll cut to the chase here. It was the end of the op and round restart had been delayed for a while. A drone was reported from being active again and the Delta RTO requested an OB. I informed over command comms an OB would be fired, got no response. Fired the OB without issue. The XO instantly started asking why I fired the OB, and I assume over MP comms they ordered my arrest. I've never had an issue using an OB as an SO, so I was a bit stunned when the MP strolled in and said I was under arrest. I requested the MP state the charges, and the MP gave it then flashed me after I moved away. I get transported to the brig where the CMP is waiting for me.

2022/09/09: [01:51:39]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: We were informed. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:51:45]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: The operationis over. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:51:46]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Now. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:51:51]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: As per SOP. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:51:55]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Items like the railcannon. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:01]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: And Orbital cannon. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:07]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Are off limits. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:07]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [1]: Lieutenant I really don't care, the NOD doesn't stand, and ARES just pointed out (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:27]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Right. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:28]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Sure. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:33]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [1]: Also it would be NOD if I wasn't at my assigned post lieutenant (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:36]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Operation is over. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:45]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: You launched the Orbital strike. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:49]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: After op is over. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:49]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [1]: Lieutenant (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:52]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [1]: Look at charlie comms (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [01:52:55]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [1]: And stop being dense (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [01:53:00]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Right right. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    2022/09/09: [01:53:05]SAY: Pal Johnson [1]: Now. (CKEY: TheFlyingFlail) (JOB: Chief MP)
    During my arrest interaction an Ares announcement came over stating there was still a xenomporh active. I've also never seen the rule stating the OB is off limits to use after the OP has "ended" from an OOC standpoint. I could be wrong and it could be in SOP! I tried to argue with the CMP, then the XO. After a pointless argument between me and the CMP, I'm put in the cell with my ID card still on which has access to the brig. I simply walk out the cell, grab my shotgun from the locker and run out the brig. The CMP starts chasing me until I'm cornered at the ladders towards the fore part of the ship.

2022/09/09: [01:58:01]ATTACK: TheFlyingFlail/(Pal Johnson) tased Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen) in the Upper Fore-Starboard Hull (42,163,4).
    2022/09/09: [01:58:02]ATTACK: TheFlyingFlail/(Pal Johnson) tased Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen) in the Upper Fore-Starboard Hull (42,165,4).
    2022/09/09: [01:58:04]ATTACK: The heavy pistol bullet narrowly missed Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen)
    2022/09/09: [01:58:04]ATTACK: TheFlyingFlail/(Pal Johnson) shot Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen) with a heavy pistol bullet in the Upper Fore-Starboard Hull (JMP) (PM)
    2022/09/09: [01:58:04]EMOTE: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen/Sandvich123 : 2ndLt Nasoki 'Coward' Chen screams!
    2022/09/09: [01:58:05]ATTACK: Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen) shot TheFlyingFlail/(Pal Johnson) with an additional buckshot in the Upper Fore-Starboard Hull (JMP) (PM)
    I didn't fire on the CMP first, and I was cornered with my shotgun in my hand. After the CMP fired the first shot, I returned fire and downed them. After that I call a medic for them after cuffing them and inform the ship I shot the CMP. The reason I looted the corpse was for the knife and basic meds as I had shrap stuck inside me.

2022/09/09: [02:06:33]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command]: CMP we're suspending this fight of ours (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [02:06:36]ATTACK: Titus Voltheron tased Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen) in the Medical Lower Lobby (134,43,4).
    I try to suspend the fight so we can focus on the bigger problems on hand (Like the active xeno threat that was still on the colony which the ARES announcement could confirm, and Charlies comms as well. I guess the RO as well but I didn't really know about that) I get tased again after trying to reason with the MP, so I down the next MP in the Medbay, cuff them and ensure the synthetic Phelan was able to treat them.

2022/09/09: [02:08:52]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command]: XO, we need red (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [02:08:57]SAY: John 'Justice' Jackson [Command]: We are (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/09: [02:09:03]SAY: John 'Justice' Jackson [Command]: We are on red (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/09: [02:09:10]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command]: Also I had to kill another MP, hope that can be forgiven (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    2022/09/09: [02:09:23]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command]: He's been healed and he'll be okay soon (CKEY: Sandvich123) (JOB: Staff Officer)
    I informed the XO I downed another MP, but he was being treated just like the CMP before. I head back to CIC to get back into a proper USMC uniform and was going to try to reason with the XO. I easily had the chance just to shoot the XO wordlessly but instead went into the armory and was sealed in there until round end.

Now that I put my 2 cents in, it's time to reason. You put this under rule 2, I'm not here to rule govern or say you're crazy for putting it. I just don't really see where failure to role-play comes in here. You shot me first, I shot you after. I still informed the ship where you were downed so that someone could get you. The OB was within reason as the alien threat on the colony was still active. I tried to reason with you and the XO after, and I didn't attack any USMC personal unless they tried to attack me first. I easily had the chance to kill the unarmed XO in CIC when I entered again before they sealed me in the armoury. The only two people that were injured from this, were the CMP and the MP that both tried to arrest me. I didn't go out of my way to "FailRP" or get a free pass to shoot MPs, and from my point of view we both escalated just fine. If you feel like I put anything wrong here, let me know and I'd be happy to respond when I can! (sorry for the terrible format and grammar, phones aren't the best for this type of stuff!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to respond to this, so I'll do it quickly!

The issue here is at the end of the round Chen used his position as SO to break ML by using OB to wipe out a single drone that was actively being hunted by marines. Most important was the fact that he willingly used his ID to jailbreak and grab a gun with intent to shoot or bait a shootout resulting in a murder during the round end which would be a bit of EORG if you ask me. As per punishment, I think temp ban and jban as chen used his access to circumvent punishment during the end of the round and caused EORG.
    I'm not sure how it's exactly my fault for using my ID when the MP that processed me was a bit new. I didn't hunt anyone down, I tried to escape and leave without hurting anyone. I'll admit using the OB for a single drone is a bit "memey" but my reasoning mostly was for the structures it had setup. I didn't bait anyone, I tried to leave and you chased me, then shot me when I had the shotgun in my hand. There's also no official SOP stating OBs can not be used by SOs when the SO deems it's necessary (hey I could be wrong, and if so I'm here to learn!). If I fired it just to blow up some building, then I'd understand the whole rule 2 thing.

He also killed the other MP that was chasing him down asking for forgiveness shortly after round was being ended. Proceeded to brag about it in last round chat after the round
    You're purposely leaving out that I got medical aid for both you and the MP, and didn't hinder you guys being revived in any way. I'm not sure what talking in LRC has to do anything besides you being embarrassed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double double forgot!

He also killed the other MP that was chasing him down asking for forgiveness shortly after round was being ended. Proceeded to brag about it in last round chat after the round
    I tried to reason before I engaged with the MP, but seeing as the MP probably didn't read the chat in three seconds, I understand why he tried to arrest me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and to be perfectly clear on LRC, me talking about the incident and saying the MPs weren't great at combat isn't bragging. I suck at combat and enough people know that. If you feel like I was bragging, I'm sorry then my dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! There's quite a bit to this report, so I'll try to take it point by point as much as possible.

To start, I wanted to take a closer look at the logs to determine if, the SO made an effort to ask for the go ahead, or made their intent clear, or at any time the XO gave an order to not fire the OB. What I saw in the logs regarding the OB launch strongly suggests to me that this was memeing on behalf of the SO.

The reasoning for this conclusion is, given that the RTO called the coords, safely moved the drone, announced the drone body was lined up on target, and the timestamps show the drown didn't try to attack or move- it should have been clear that the drone was dead or SSD. I can't think of a reasonable IC justification for this, especially if, as was stated later, the SO was aware of a new Queen/Hive when the OB was launched.

[01:47:10]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Delta]: Send OB cords
    [01:47:32]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: Hold on.
    [01:47:36]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: 2 -82.
    [01:47:37]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [Command]: I'm just keeping a watch in CIC just in case
    [01:47:42]ATTACK: (Lewin Brokingram) grabbed *no key*/(Drone (XX-838)) in Fiorina - Medical Bay (132,121,3).
    [01:47:47]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: Putting a SINGULAR DRONE BODY in the middle.
    [01:47:52]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: Clear to fire effective now.
    [01:47:54]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [1]: Ob.
    [01:47:55]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [1]: Back off.
    [01:48:09]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: XX 838 drone, ready to go.
    [01:48:18]SAY: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen [All Squad Coms]: OB being fired on a drone to make sure it stays dead
    [01:48:25]SAY: Lewin Brokingram [General]: Yeah we never know.
    [01:48:42]ADMIN: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen has made a command announcement.
    [01:48:42]ANNOUNCEMENT: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen has announced the following: OB OUT
    [01:48:42]ADMIN: ALERT: Nasoki 'Coward' Chen fired an orbital bombardment in Fiorina - Medical Bay for squad 'Delta'
    [01:48:56]ATTACK: *no key*/(Drone (XX-838)) was harmed by explosion in Fiorina - Medical Bay caused by Cluster orbital warhead at (124,125,3)
    [01:48:56]ATTACK:Nasoki 'Coward' Chen blew up *no key*/Drone (XX-838 with a Cluster orbital warhead in Fiorina - Medical Bay (124,125,3).

Moving forward to the charges against, Chen; I had to go back through ML and SOP, because while I could see from the logs that there were at least a few people who believed that using the OB after the server's round over alert goes though is against IC SOP, OOC Server Rules (or both) I had never heard of it.

I think I found where the idea of this rule may have come from. In Rule Clarifications=> Gameplay Rulings on the Wiki, there is an update which states:
    "Railguns will be treated similarly to OB's, aka after hijack you can no longer use it. In short, is the OB Locked from being fired? If yes, you are not allowed to use the railgun." My assumption here is that perhaps this ruling was being misremembered or misunderstood?

That leads us to the charges against Chen, the logs show that the XO did order the arrest of the SO after the OB was fired, so the initial arrest and questioning are valid, however I think the NOD was applied do to the aforementioned misunderstanding.

Chen didn't ahelp or fax, and walked out of brig almost immediately, which I feel minimizes the impact of the mistake on behalf of the XO/CMP. (But please consider this a verbal warning to make sure you know and understand ML, and if there is confusion, please do ahelp or reach out for clarification, as breaking ML as an MP is against server rules.)

Once Chen leaves the brig, we see him shooting at least one MP outside of escalation (and it looks like killing a bystander doctor as well) and using coms to casually mention both killing MPs and to insult them. These actions, and the initial meme OB do strike me as LRP.

It makes very little sense for someone to use the limited and expensive OB shells on a clearly already dead xeno, and it makes very little sense for someone wrongly arrested to go immediately to jailbreak and murder.

All told, I feel fair action for this report is to count LRP for the initial OB, and for the immediate jailbreak and subsequent insulting/casually mentioning killing MPs on coms, and stripping downed MPs.

Additionally, I am seeing IE in regards to the confrontation with Titus Voltheron.

Because of pretty extensive LRP and the number of incidents in this round, I am escalating LRPx2 and IE to a three day ban. (Rule breaks totaling 24 hour ban, and bumping up one level due to so many rule breaks within the round.)

Another player's mistake is not a free pass to behave in this manner, especially when you are taking CIC roles. If this type of behaviour continues, please be advised a CIC role ban will follow.

For XO/CMP everyone makes mistakes, but please reach out if there is ever any question about ML, because, as mentioned above, it is against server rules for MPs to break CM's ML. I want to stress that it's also important to be careful with arrest procedure, as repeated incidents could lead to IC consequences or OCC consequences if they become frequent or excessive.