Date of Incident
    September 14, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Nadezhda Portnova
    Their BYOND Key
    Jarektheraptor
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    September 14, approximately 3:30 AM
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    4. Violation of Event Protocols
    Description of the incident
    Where to begin? I don't want to wall-of-text this, so I'll really try not to, but holy shit. Allow me to set the stage:

It's two hours or so into Solaris. The marines are down to roughly 23 groundside marines in the FOB, though it's hard for me to be exactly sure. Xenos are down to I believe NINE at the time of the 'event' (I am going to call it a major event, because it dramatically altered the balance of the round and this fits the definition of a major event in the guidelines).

The CO had just come down, and as Grub always does, he goes helmetless, and decides to charge a ravager and gets instantly decapitated. Shocker. Marines, reasonably, pull his body back to the FOB and panic a bit and start to reorganize again.

Jarek declares this as the time that marines retreated and were going to cadehug. I believe logs will consistently show that marines were CONSTANTLY outside of the FOB and skirmishing in hospital grounds, and were not just hiding in the FOB. Jarek went so far as to say it was just one marine outside shooting. I know for a fact it was not, as we were outside in the hospital fighting when the magical T3 flank at telecomms hit.

In addition to this, the marines were making tactical plays to focus down the xenos siege caste, and I believe Jarek also used the excuse that the xenos lost their last boiler as the reason to spawn FIVE TIER THREE ALIENS.

The marines were actively punished for their efforts and for their struggles in a round that hadn't even reached the 'gold standard' of two hours and thirty minutes by the xenos being given five tier threes for free, without even a warning given to the marines that the xenos were getting a huge power boost arbitrarily.

My complaint at this point is all across the board, but I overall feel like this was an inappropriate use of admin abilities and is a textbook case of "I am dead, restart", as by his own admission, he stated that there were more people dead than alive, and he valued the fun of players, so he ruined the round to end it more quickly, and is misrepresenting the actual situation and dynamics of the round to help construct a scenario that appears more beneficial to his own defense for his actions. Just because a lot of people are dead at a certain hour mark does not entitle admins to launch an impromptu major event to directly cause one side to win, especially when it's before the generally accepted timeframe of 2:30 when a nuke should not be ever authorized.

For the record, I believe the xenos pushed in and won within ten minutes of the T3s being spawned.
    Evidence
    Some of these statements are on Discord, the majority of it will require logs for clarification of actual numbers and combat taking place.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there. As there are two reports made on the same incident, I will be copying this ruling into both.

First and foremost, Jarek did run his decision with the rest of present staff, myself and Scarlet included. Because I was there and saw the chocies being made, log pulls will not really be necessary.

What you are describing was a over two hour, lowpop round which has been stagnating for a good while now.

The Marines were about to organize a push, with a second CO logging in after the first cryoed, unfortunately said CO lost their head and so did the push.

We do not have a set policy for that, but typically the "optimal" round length is given at something oscillating around 90 minutes. Typically staff starts considering round ending mechanics at around the 2:30 mark, this one was a little bit earlier, but as was mentioned here - it was a hellish lowpop round that by then had accrued more ghosts than living players and after the death of the CO seemed to lose momentum.

I did not find Jarek's assessment, who had been fairly active within the round itself, as fundamentally wrong. This did indeed carry the signs of a stagnating round.

We, once again, do not have strict policy regulating round-ending events. While it is most commonly a nuclear bomb given to the Marines, we do not always do that. Sometimes its an AA boiler. Sometimes its Marine reinforcements. And sometimes its T3s to tip the scales. Whatever an admin choosing this solution ultimately picks does not have to be inherently balanced - while we prefer a solution that is not horribly one sided, you do after all want the round to end. The solution has to be decisive.

And by this logic, we did not want a stalemate on the ground, we certainly did not want to commit to a potential stalemate on the ship as well via giving marines extra PMCs. The round was over at that point.

To sum this up:

- Jarek was correct to look into a round ender past the 120 minute round time mark - the 150 minute mark tends to be extremely exhausting, laggy and filled to the brim with ghosts.

- Jarek was within staff protocol to decide to give the round-ending event to Xenos. We leave what is given and to what side totally up to the discretion of the Admin.

- Jarek was within staff protocol to make this a decisive win for the Xenos. Again, giving one side a round ender means you want the round to end. 5 T3 xenos falls within being definite without being just a mericless stomp.

- And finally, Jarek was within protocl to deny the early PMC ERT, since again - the goal was to balance and end a stagnating round, not draw it out to timeout on hijack.

Report denied, management was aware of this decision and agreed with it, no staff procedures were broken.
    Senior Administrator