Date of Incident
    September 17, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Doglas Portsworth

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Not sure

Accused Character Name
    Kjersti Junttila

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    6-7 AM

What rule(s) were broken:

Description of the incident:
    I was running back to the FOB after a failed push plus flank left a lot of us dead. I had been previously hugged and lucky to get out alive with nothing but minor organ damage and a broken leg and foot. I do not know how much time has passed since I was hugged, so I was getting very worried. I wasn't even sure if there was doctor or a synth at FOB. I happen upon a few bodies and see a medic treating more further away at a caded area at the entrance of the caves. After I drag the bodies over to the medic, I request them for a stasis bag to delay me bursting.

The medic refused. Confused, I ask again, but with more urgency. The medic still refused. This goes on back and forth until a Charlie marine named Marshall came and offered to roller bed me back to the FOB safely. At this point I was starting to get very irritated. I had already wasted a lot of time asking them for a stasis bag, so I hit them once. Then I continue asking them for the stasis bag and they reply with things such as "Just walk to FOB" and "You aren't my problem anymore". Marshall kept asking too. This made me even more irritated. I yell at them an insult then I start beating them up. They pull out their knife and start opening an incision on me to get me to back off. I, in my hubris pull out the m39 I started with much earlier and start shooting them. Little did I know they had an m41 and absolutely wrecked me.

Marshall, not wanting things to get any worse, strap my unconscious battered body to the roller bed and dragged me back to FOB before bleeding out. My worries were somewhat realized. Despite there actually being a doctor and stasis bags there, the doctor was inexperienced and I had already died before getting put into a stasis bag.

While waiting for the doctor to fix me up, I created an ahelp asking if what the medic did was justified. With no response after a few minutes or more, I started a mhelp instead to get some answers. I talked to Rals about it and he told me to create a report. I had not checked if there were any staff before creating the ahelp and mhelp, so Rals informed me that there were no staff online. I remark about how it was taking awhile for me to get fixed and hoped that there would be staff to answer my question.

I return to the round as normal after getting fixed up completely and continue doing standard marine things while waiting for my ahelp to be answered.

After awhile of waiting (around 37 minutes or so) and real life things forcing me to log off, I inform Rals that I won't be needing them anymore to wake up some staff. That is where it ends.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I'll wait for the logs.

Reason for rule 2 - Medics are supposed to help injured or infected marines in whatever way possible. This one did not, and actively impeded giving me relative safety by refusing letting me borrow a stasis bag. They could have easily lied about not having one, or reassured me that the way back would be safe, or informed me that there was doctor at the FOB. While likely not relevant, the medic also had a platinum service medal pinned to their armor. This could mean they have more experience than most of the other ones I've seen.

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I actually observed this interaction in ghost, because it was a little amusing. So, witness peanut gallery moment:

The medic stated (whether true or not is up to debate, and you failed to mention this at all) that he told you ten minutes prior (when you were hugged) to return to the FOB to be treated, but you refused - which is why you were "not his problem anymore". This is probably something that should be confirmed in the logs if it happened as the medic stated, because it changes the situation entirely and shows the medic DID render treatment and/or medical advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mention it at all because I wholeheartedly believe it couldn't have been more than a 2-4 minute long interaction. I was also afraid of getting jumped by a passing lurker or runner because the way back was far, unlit, and unguarded by anyone. This, coupled with my organ damage and broken leg, would've made the risk too great to go alone. It was only when Marshall offered to roller bed me back that I considered for a moment to cut my losses and leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I pulled all the relevant information from the logs about this report. If I missed anything contact me via Discord. The Biggest UwU#4046

First interaction between Tropical and Amaxin
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fight between Xenos and Marines occur. 2nd interaction here
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Escalation between the two starts here.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Things seem to end off there. Amaxin continues providing medical service to downed Marines.
    Tropical is taken back to FOB(?) by Marshall, recovered, gets his Larva removed and ends there.

Unsure if this is relevant. The Ahelp made, unanswered. The mhelp made and being answered.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, wondering if I can write this response before my lunch is done, let's try.

As evident in the logs pulled, you were informed few minutes prior that you should go to FOB and shipside to get treated. You have working legs, you're 100% health, there's several marines and you can simply walk back. When our exchange happened, I had 5 dead around me, with nobody else in sight, no other medic in the area, two marines already on the orange line, and only two defib charges. Triage works in the way it does, it prioritizes the highest amount of marines recovered - and as the above post said, you got back to have your larva safely removed.

If I'm busy with the dead and in the grind of trying to keep them alive, and someone disturbs me with pointless requests while accusing me of being selfish - which is hypocritical on it's own - I have all the right to ignore you, or to tell you off. What I don't understand is you reporting me for rule 2, which is roleplay - you engaged in a roleplay scenario with myself, where we both stated our points, where we both escalated the fight and we both ended it where it should have ended. It genuinely looks like you made the report, the ahelp and the mhelp out of spite, that you simply did not get your way nor did I get punished (and for what, exactly?).

I've been providing first aid and triage to all the marines without exception, including yourself. I walked back and forth between the frontline and the FOB at least 4 times during the round, with not a single xeno in sight. There were stasis bags, and a doctor in the FOB, which I confirmed by walking there 10 minutes later. Plus, you lived. Not sure where the problem is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add some more context to help understand why I made this report. I'll also be dropping this because I understand now everything and don't want to cause more trouble.

I was already having a bad day at this point. An SG had minutes before pushed me into a Prae hook. Somehow I was completely okay but I was still not happy about it.

unknown.jpg

I sat in the APC as I got treated, and I wanted to relieve my frustrations by helping with the push into the hive. This is when I was unfortunately hugged after a cleverly hidden hole caught me and those next to me by surprise. In the time between me waking up and talking to you, I had decided to spend a few more minutes fighting so I could play the game just a little bit longer (which was horrible decision that lead to all of this). But then the queen pushed and things just got even worse and this is where I suffered those injuries that I have said. I had only just gotten there, and now I was hugged, battered, and crippled. Then I had to fallback even further to the entrance after the flank, making me even more upset.

All I wanted now was to just get out of there and get surgery, and prepare to go back. This is when I happened upon you alone. I saw you were also dealing with the aftermath of the flank with several bodies piled around. I try my best to help, but I needed to leave as soon as possible. I have already said that I wasn't very sure how much time has passed between the hugging and my retreat. All I wanted from you at the time was you stasis bag so I can rest easy in FOB while I wait for treatment. I had not been back to the FOB since first drop, so I was very unsure if a doctor or synth would be present as I had already said. With Marshall offering assistance, I thought that all I would need would be the stasis bag for things to hopefully get better.

I was already very upset going into this. But the way you responded just made me feel even worse. I felt personally offended at the time because of the things you said and that you couldn't spare a moment to throw me your stasis bag so I could be on my way. Also now knowing that you knew that the way back was completely safe and you never said anything about that, still makes me feel a bit bitter. I was not expecting you at all to ferry me back to the base because of it's proximity, and never made any requests for such. To me, as I had already said, the way back to the base seemed very long, and extremely dangerous but I felt pressured with the amount of bodies piling up and felt like I was running out of time. I had witnessed several people getting jumped by runners much earlier during my time in the APC so I was very sure that there would be more just waiting in the darkness if they ever manage to see the lone medic and crippled marine talking to each other. I know medic is a very difficult and stressful job to play as and your points are valid.

unknown (1).png

As seen above, even after all this had finally blown over, I was still left with many questions and frustrations left unresolved. I was not looking for punishment during the time that I created the a/mhelp and report, and even now I am satisfied just leaving the whole thing and moving onwards. After all this is just a game, and I shouldn't take the actions and replies of other players personally like I usually do. This time however, I just felt upset and felt wronged by what happened. I only wanted the whole story and I wanted someone more experienced to explain why things turned out the way it did which is why I resorted to making a report instead of just forcing myself to let it go.

I also very much appreciate you still tending to my injuries even after all that happened. I'm sorry if this caused you or the staff, any amount of trouble. I hope that you had a nice a lunch and a nice rest of your day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bad blood on my side either, I was hungover as hell that morning and wasn't in the best mood myself. In retrospect I could've said more but I was not feeling my best, could've said any of the things you mentioned above but I did not, that's on me. Hope we can avoid such incidents in the future.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to do scarlet a favor and resolve this, since you both came to an agreement. However just for precedent, part of being a medic is "Triage", and in any triage circumstance priority usually goes to someone dying who can be saved over someone who can walk. There's obviously the risk of you bursting, but if Amaxin had that many unconscious people to deal with, the actions they took were not unreasonable.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids