User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarektheraptor - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get in here and do the USCM Proud +1

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can definitely vouch for this player's ability of competency and responsibility when it comes to whitelisted roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played around Jarek XO for a good deal now. From alting as a rifleman under him when he's an SL, running CIC with him as a groundside leader, leading groundside as CO with him taking CIC duty, and simply supporting him as CO in CIC with him leading marines on his own.

In terms of CIC leadership, he's solid and has an understanding of how groundside combat works. Mainly due to him playing a good deal of xeno which contributes to his game sense overall. In terms of leading a squad, I feel like he could be more proactive in talking to the guys under him. Thankfully, he RPs which is an awesome thing to see and be apart of.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him as a CO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're probably the only XO player I'd willingly deploy other than the hellchunger PFC players, mainly because you act like an actual officer while still on the ground and don't go around trying to hellchung while being consistently good at your job. Just remember the m46c is a very tempting weapon, do not fall into the pit trap of PFC++ing, keep acting like you do when you're deployed as XO and you'll be one of the best COs on the WL.

+1
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah okay +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Competent CIC player, had him as XO several times, knows what he is doing, his knowledge on ML is already there because he is staff, you have my +1.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're competent at what you do, but you need to pay extra attention on what's going on around you, because so far from observing you I got the feeling you're really susceptible to tunnel visioning. Also playing CO and admining at the same time is way too demanding to do either effectively and I hope you will avoid doing that.

Tentative +1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    You're competent at what you do, but you need to pay extra attention on what's going on around you, because so far from observing you I got the feeling you're really susceptible to tunnel visioning. Also playing CO and admining at the same time is way too demanding to do either effectively and I hope you will avoid doing that.

Tentative +1
    I agree on the tunnel visioning bit and I think that's mostly due to the fact I try and stay adminned to deal with things I can deal with while commanding. Makes it really hard to notice small things happening when your chat is being spammed with all sorts of text so everything flies by and makes focusing on things that I do notice a bit *too* easy.

I hope that makes sense - But to avoid that I'll definitely be staying deadminned during commanding roles in the future. It may even be the case that I opt to avoid choosing a commanding role if I'm the only staff online simply to avoid the issue of being distracted with ahelps too. I've also added some chat highlights to hopefully help me spot things directed my way and prevent that.

Feedback is certainly appreciated all the same, thank yah!
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen him playing command against me as xeno queen, and was my XO when COing a few times.
    Overall nothing to worry about, only good experiences so far.

1+

Give this man the WL already!
    - Rodolfo 'El Gato' Dumas -
    Main
    Commanding Officer - Squad Leader

Former Senior Moderator
    Charlie Squad 4 life

- Xenomorph -
    RO-D0
    Elder Empress -

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a round as Delta SL with Jarek as XO, they are very quick with handling information and made great orders. Also very communicative within squad radio's.

+1 from me, shows outstanding skills that a CO would need.