Mr Moon#8844

Marine Name
    John Crimson

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Max

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Max has the personality similar to that of a late night radio host, laid back and calm with his interests being a medical enthusiast, a bit more worried about being sanitary than being shot, out to help marines more than all.
    They are eager to help those in need, giving trivial medical advice but can also fit into other roles when required.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because i feel i could improve the experiences of other marines or even xenomorphs with access to more RP opportunities. Among this I have shown that i have been interested in being a synthetic since I joined the server, with my first application being on the third of March, although my first 2 applications weren't good, I feel that i have improved enough to be fit for the role of synthetic now.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    One of my first survivor rounds, I had met up with Day, the other survivors were absent and we had set up NE of LZ 1 on LV 624, we were able to hold off until marines arrived while under constant siege from t2s and even t3s at the end.

Synthetic Character Story
    Distress signal;
    Planet: LV-624

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I have just over 85 hours in engineering roles and another 10 if you include survivor, I feel that I am confident when it comes to this subject.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have 31 hours as SL and have had some time to learn the basics of SO and so know my way around overwatch and can lead troops on the field.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Including research hours, I have just over 94 hours in medical, I can do most, if not all a doctor should need to do.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I have quite a few hours as CT and have had a couple operations without any other req personel, leading to me handling req solo, this has led to me learning most things that is needed for req, IE; handling money, what to send to fob, how to launch crates, how RO stamp works etc etc.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Most simple scenario is that a xenomorph is attacking me, I would be allowed to attack them until they break off the engagement, only times i would chase a xeno is if a marine is devoured by a xenomorph and attacking it wont put me in immediate danger, if they are in an area such as fob actively harrassing or if code delta is active and combat restrictions are deactivated.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Thats all <3
    Last edited by Mr Moon; 09-23-2022 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Better terminology

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your previous character was a dude who ran around with a spear and got angry all the time at people over relatively minor things, if the pred council wants you to get more positive community support - how do you expect the synth council to approve you? I believe you changed characters to try and turn a new leaf, but I’m not sure some of your previous habits (primarily the anger) have died - and that’s not a trait becoming of a synth. You are placed in high stress situations constantly and are shit talked relentlessly if you fuck up even a small thing, that is not something a person quick to anger is going to handle well.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im just going to primarily address this anger point, i think what you are referring to is the round start banter, IE me as an SL saying that so and so squad is bad etc, but i feel that it is nothing more that this and therefore i can contain it quite easily, only other times i could think about is when i told off a bravo as an RO for letting a runner into fob and on the ship
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your eagerness for the Synthetic role!

First off, I'm having a little trouble understanding Max's personality. He is laid back, calm. Prefers to be sanitary, and enjoys talking about medical procedures? More on this later.

I've read the entirety of your story and I actually like the pacing, despite the large amount of words in your story. I thought that the inclusion of a 'ghetto' surgery was a fantastic way to showcase your medical knowledge, and incorporate it into your RP, and I liked that a lot.
    I have some concerns about grammatical errors and certain things about the speech of Max. It feels like there are inconsistences when sometimes he will abbreviate his sentences and other times he wont. As for brevity with a Synthetic, they usually won't require it as they do not feel tired or the need to abbreviate, unless it is part of their programming or a time-constrained emergency. This is important for diction and accuracy of words.

Towards the end of ACT II CH 2, a Marine remarks to Max that he has saved him three times, and Max retorts saying the paraphrase of "I've saved you more times than I can count, don't forget". I have two issues with this line. First off I feel that "firing back" goes against Max's personality of being calm, and laid back/nonchalant. Second, it's worth noting how close such a phrase can come to the line of "Don't antagonize Marines". Or at the very least, almost seems like Max may be actually offended. Due to both of these, consider that Max may want to brush off such verbal comments as banter.

Your response to the role questions was good, but I would recommend you spend a little more time in those roles to get yourself seen, and perhaps some vouches that way. You should also have a brief but full look at Marine Law / SOP as Synthetics adhere to it entirely. Playing command roles in the CIC is a good way to have a little bit of exposure.

I believe you understand the gist of most roles, especially medical, which is quite important. The main concerns I've heard around are in regards to your ability of maintaining immersion / staying in character.

So, back to the first thing I addressed. Max's personality. If you can give a couple RP examples of how he would act, that would be fantastic.
    1. It is the start of an operation, Max has just awoken and is called to the chemistry line as there are no other available people sans a new nurse. Two corpsmen berate Max for being slow, and a dumb toaster. How does Max react?
    2. Max has just finished reviving a significantly injured Marine(two lurkers slashed 4 of his bones and then his body was hit by CAS.) on the frontline, and the Marine, once out of crit, remarks "Holy fuck, do you know what a surgical line is? What took you so long?"
    3. Max is recovering a Marine near the front when a hail of stray bullets off-screen hits him. A weakened lurker then comes into view and a Marine is chasing it, firing his pistol. Tragically a VP78 bullet tears Max's right hand off. How does he react?

Lastly, do you have any comments in regards to any perceived LRP behavior on some of your characters/behavior in the past? This has been a relatively significant topic that you should address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    do you have any comments in regards to any perceived LRP behavior on some of your characters/behavior in the past? This has been a relatively significant topic that you should address.
    Going to start off with this, I think that a majority of this LRP is behind me, last note i have gotten was 2 months ago with the one before that being another 2 months appart and i dont do a significant amount of "brig runs", like im not getting brigged 4 times a day for the sake of it, and therefore dont think this would be a concern.

Onto questions,
    1: I believe max would respond with "Please remember that chemistry is a privilage and not a right, if you do not want my services, do say so."
    2: ignoring the clear mild metagaming, "I do understand your frustration, but your body was in quite a rough shape and I went as fast as I can."
    3: I think that the best solution is to not chase this up but to rather get back to safety and get a new hand since the marine is preoccupied killing xenos.

for the other complaints im going to attempt to fix them for my next app
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your character's response to the RP, just keep in mind grammatical errors like "Privilage" instead of "Privilege" aren't a big deal in the heat of the moment, but since you are a synthetic you are expected to do your best to maintain that blanket of immersion, part of that entails not making too many grammatical errors / too severe ones. Do your best to make none if possible,(but inevitably, a couple will happen, especially if English isn't your first language or if you are typing fast) particularly if you are able to take your time with non-urgent/non-combat RP.

I am extremely pleased to hear that not only is your LRP behind you, but also that you are actively trying to separate your character's personalities. We all do wacky stuff as Marines time to time and everyone recognizes that, but in higher RP roles such as CL, CO, SL, it's definitely expected that you maintain a significant level of immersion while staying in character. For synthetics especially, the level of immersion must be immaculate.

I think you have a great response to feedback for your applications and I like how receptive you are. As you gather more experience and iron out the kinks in your app/roles/grammar, I think you have a good shot at Synthetic so long as your RP can keep up with your skill-wise competency. Good luck and hopefully in the coming days you can get more feedback about your playstyle. I would recommend maybe trying some RP-interactive roles to see if you can get your name out there, and some vouches for yourself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

After reviewing your application I have some concerns for your support roles. Yes you have put in quite an amount of time into them, combining the total time but hours do not equal skill. What I mean by this is you haven't told us throughout playing your support roles is how quickly you adapted and developed faster techniques to either heal someone's wounds, how to be efficient with material usage when constructing cadelines, what you should focus when making FOB crates, ex. should you make all material box, send all ammo, what do you do with mortar. Just I do not know how you can budget with Requisitions. CIC is pretty meh to focus on since it's focused on giving orders and Synths cannot do that but explaining your experience with CIC/ Overwatch is better than just "I have 30 hours so I know it".

I'm not going to deny nor accept your application because I think it's important you should focus on these support roles while your application is still up instead of running around getting in trouble with MPs since that's what I've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking out for you and seen you a handful of times while your application has been up. I've heard about your past, and I can understand if you wish to distance yourself from that. I personally, will not be judging you for that. However, I will judge you for what I've seen from you while your app has been up. I have not seen you in any support roles, and during a role-play event, ran with several synthetics you, as spec, ended up both disobeying lawful and logical order. Alongside acting lrp throughout the whole round using the scout cloak to run away from MPs and disarm people. If you can't hold yourself to be serious while your app is up, I'm not sure why I'd trust you to be serious as synth. I think it is less an issue of technical knowledge, but rather behavior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear that nothing is happening with this and i have found interests in other games for the time being leading to no playtime recently so i would like to just withdraw this application
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Applicant has withdrawn their application.