Date of Incident
    September 22, 2022

Your Character Name?
    John Crimson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    ticker175

Accused Character Name
    Bob Huey

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    21:00 bst

What rule(s) were broken:

Description of the incident:
    I had been arrested, the CMP then proceeded to stack on as many charges as possible, including attempted murder, manslaughter, theft, contraband.

These are the main ones that the CMP had made up and claimed to 100% be true which were not, for the attempted murder charge, he claimed that i had intentionally shot him 2 times in research containment, even though it had been a charlie comtech who had hit many people in the room, i had been the one to shoot them dead and did not hit anyone else as i had been shooting 2 tiles away from him into the top right corner of research containment.

Next the manslaughter charge, as said before, i hadnt unintentionally killed anyone, nor did i kill anyone else outside of the comtech.

Now the main issue which arrises my suspicion of all his false doings being malicious. He claimed right near round end how i had been wearing a MW belt that i had taken off him, leading to theft and contraband.

While it is true that i had taken off the MW belt to avoid arrest, i had thrown it to a nearby table and had never put it on, while in perma cells, the MW had even claimed he found his belt later in lower medbay, which means i could have never entered the brig with the belt, showing how it was a blatant lie.
    Now why would a CMP lie about crimes unless it was for malicious intent, which makes me feel like the other charges were intentionally false, possibly because the actual shooter, who had been taken to brig, was left to perma so he wanted someone to punish someone who could "plausibly" have done the crime, knowing that it was his word against mine since he never bothered asking for witnesses, i know this because i was being carried by him throughout 100% of my processing time.
    And so all of this, he put on as many charges as he could with quite a few of them being clearly false and a couple of those being false with signs of malicious intent.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    logs

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 09-22-2022 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Added ckey of accused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found out pretty quickly after posting this, accused Ckey is Ticker
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs for this soon.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident as follows

If you believe something's missing, please hit me up and let me know!

Victim: MisterMoon
    Accused: Ticker175
    Third Party
    Relevant Events

-- Logs of a shooting in research containment --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Chat logs afterwards --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- John is arrested --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Processing logs --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Chat logs before round restart --
    Spoiler Spoiler:

-- Warden admits to finding their belt --
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Time_URSS; 09-23-2022 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added new logs.

Playing as:
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you missed some logs, right before restart the MW confirms he found his belt in medical and the accused said i entered brig wearing said belt
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New logs added.

Playing as:
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember I just saw you light up some marine then I shot you, this could be wrong but from an IC perspective that was my best recollection of events and OOC that’s what I saw. If I was wrong then I apologise but I would still stand by my claim IC.

If it seems like I miss information or ignore anything it is likely down to the fact that that round in particular was VERY busy with a lot going on

Now with regards to me just adding charges for no reason, I explained each charge to the SO whilst we were doing your appeal. Which is one of the reasons the appeal process is as it is, so an unbiased third party can view the charges and decide whether they are “added for no reason” or not.

Now in regards to the intentional targeting, I don’t know your character or you and I really don’t have any reason to have any I’ll intent towards you so all in all it seems like a custerfuck that you somehow got the shit end of. I can only apologise ooc for the misunderstanding. But there was no I’ll intent there, I’m sorry if you disagree.

Just maybe next time don’t shoot anyone whilst there are 5 MP with lethals in the room who can deal with it instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you havent addressed the main concern of mine, you claimed very clearly that i entered brig with the MW belt during my appeal, despite you claiming to not have found the MW belt on me in processing, not strip a MP belt from me and the fact that he later found the belt in medbay, which would have been an impossible task should i have entered brig with said belt.

Also i had fired into a corner of a room, with only 1 person inbetween me and the wall, with that 1 person being the active shooter, there were plenty of witnesses in the room and you had called none of them in nor asked anyone what happened, and you admitted you didnt see the full picture, that one is FTFP, it was also to my knowledge that the shooter was arrested and sent to brig, meaning that the shooter had already been identified and arrested but they were left to perma for some reason?

Regardless of if an appeal is to identify false charges, it does not justify intentionally putting on false charges, such as manslaughter, attempted murder and contraband, all of these charges are false since i didnt accidentally kill anyone, i didnt attempt and fail to kill someone, nor did i get found with contraband on my person, messing up one charge is reasonable, just a slight misjudgement etc, but 3 charges which are all blatantly false is concerning, not even going to mention the lies to back it up.

Argue as you wish but i still stand by my belief that your intentions were malicious, i would prefer this not to happen to other people since some people take getting brigged quite personal.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whilst i believe i have said all i need to to at worst chalk this down to an IC issue, i will respond to your accusations:

So you havent addressed the main concern of mine, you claimed very clearly that i entered brig with the MW belt during my appeal, despite you claiming to not have found the MW belt on me in processing, not strip a MP belt from me and the fact that he later found the belt in medbay, which would have been an impossible task should i have entered brig with said belt.
    look i was told by 2 or 3 mps that you had either MP gear or the wardens gear, and i myself saw the warden missing equipment, so yes im going to be trusting them over you, dunno what you were
    wearing at the time of being arrested but the logs posted by time dont show any mp shit so i dunno?

Also i had fired into a corner of a room, with only 1 person inbetween me and the wall, with that 1 person being the active shooter, there were plenty of witnesses in the room and you had called none of them in nor asked anyone what happened, and you admitted you didnt see the full picture, that one is FTFP, it was also to my knowledge that the shooter was arrested and sent to brig, meaning that the shooter had already been identified and arrested but they were left to perma for some reason?
    to be fair that was why you were charged originally with manslaughter, i was bleeding to death and could barely see so i left that guy in the brig and told the synth to look after them whilst i was getting
    my own first aid, but unfortunately she didnt take it as bring urgant so that guy permaed. i dropped that charge myself when i had some time to think about it. (also a short note about why you were
    charged twice, i accidently put you in a normal cell instead of perma and you cant take the notes out, so i had to rebook you into perma and i chose to remove the manslaughter)

Regardless of if an appeal is to identify false charges, it does not justify intentionally putting on false charges, such as manslaughter, attempted murder and contraband, all of these charges are false since i didnt accidentally kill anyone, i didnt attempt and fail to kill someone, nor did i get found with contraband on my person, messing up one charge is reasonable, just a slight misjudgement etc, but 3 charges which are all blatantly false is concerning, not even going to mention the lies to back it up.
    now you say i lied, but im pretty sure you killed a man..... so consider that me being nice and giving you manslaughter. attempted murder is fairly iffy but with the confusion and lack of you know
    LIVEING dickhead to blame you unfortunatly wore his charges. contraband is so fucking easy to get, if you had anything on you like a helmet, uniform or even booots that you werent issued then
    thats not allowed so ill just say that, (the reason i gave you was that because of the wardens gear but again i dunno anything about it.

and lastly dont feel so personal about being brigged, i have been evaced from the ship for hacking a door........ welcome to the club buddy it fucking sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! After reviewing the complaint and the logs, it appears that John Crimson was effectively arrested for something else by the Warden, and while the Warden was investigating the issue of the supposed theft, the CMP grabbed them and proceeded to perma them something that would obviously create confusion especially since the Warden had already read the charges they were planning to seek and they did not seem to match the CMPs charges at all.

This is a critical failure to both investigate and properly process charges on a prisoner - something that the CMP does seem to realize at some point as they try to correct an already running charge - something that violates arrest procedure on its own - and remove one of the charges. This alone is something that the CMP as the person who issued the charges is not supposed to do.

When opting on charges that end in a perma sentence and ones that can lead to a potential execution, you must be doubly sure you apply them right. This does not seem to have happened here, in fact by what seems to happen in the logs is that the CMP seems to get annoyed by this, and just seems to start slapping whatever seems applicable including charge that do not exist (Attempted Murder in particular seems to stand out here)

This is severe negligence on part of the CMP that has resulted in what seems like a undue perma at the time. Given how this unfolded, and after considering note history, a jban for CMP will be issued, please appeal this ban once you've gained some more regular MP hours and have more experience in how handle investigations and arrests.