User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to be a (Good) MP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to be a (Good) MP

Overlook banging windows. Do not brig marines for this. Or Basically. Dont brig people for stupid simple shit like this. You can literally get shot if you do this in highpop.

Overlook some people doing stupid shit(unintentionally). If you're unfamiliar with their name or dont see them that much. Ask in LOOC if they are new.
    Help them out. Do not brig them.

Make everything IC as possible. DO not AHELP unless someone did it intentionally(Griefing). It fucking sucks getting a note then getting brigged for it. Put your place in the person you're brigging.

If you got in a fight and someone did improper escalation even if you're not MP. talk in LOOC that they shouldnt do that again and to be careful. Sometimes marines are trigger happy that they forget escalation rules.

Marine law isnt always above everything. It isnt a license in ruining peoples rounds or being a dick. Do in every way you can to minimize a sentence for a marine.
    People doing some shit to you? Like throwing trash in your face and shit? Just ignore.
    If you are CMP make them do simple NJPs on the spot. Make some RP too while at it. People enjoy push ups.

As possible. DO NOT BRIG PEOPLE IN LOWPOP. Especially if a squad only has one type of that person. (Medic, Engi, Spec, SL). You're literally a fucking xeno at this point. If they're griefing AHELP. DO not Execute specs as possible. Make the Cryo so the role becomes open again.

Situations:

(Destroying fucking windows for no reason)
    Flash them. Brig for 5 minutes hooliganism. If you're CMP just NJP them with push ups.

(Delta 1v1s)
    You see some marines doing 1v1s. Pushing, Punching in a secluded area. People are watching. Let them be unless they started literally killing each other with knives and guns or a CO/XO tells you so to stop the fight.

(Battle Royale Dropship)
    Alamo/Normandy became a battle royale dropship because its taking time for alamo/normandy to launch.
    Tell people you will throw a flashbang if they dont fucking stop. If they dont. throw one. Get the fuck out of the dropshit. If they resume, Throw another one.
    IF they DONT again. Drag the people doing the stupid shit. Then make the dropshit launch. Missing a drop is literally a sentence to them. If you want this to be valid just give NJPs after pulling them out.

(job person not doing their job)
    Find person. Brig for NOD. If CMP you're give NJP. If they do that shit again brig for NOD but dont NJP them anymore.

(Requisitions/Briefing always fucking blows up)
    Marine accidentally primed a nade in requisitions? LOOC. They will explain. Dont brig them unless the CO/XO or a superior officer tells you so (ICly).
    People make mistakes. They might be new in the game too.

(New player)
    Not following naming convention? Ahelp so they can have their names changed. Then help them out in playing the game.
    If they do some marine law crime. Explain to them in LOOC that they cant do that.

tl;dr
    Be friendly. Give NJPs. Minimum Sentence(always). Use LOOC to settle some things. Make it as IC as possible (dont give people notes..)
    Flashbang riots. Be nice to new players.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 03-10-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fucked up the thumbnail. But its stupid shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically...always give the minimum sentence for major crimes and ignore minor crimes.

That kind of attitude leads to rebellion.

It is better to be feared than loved, remember that. Your not trying to win a popularity contest, your trying to stop ass hats (Readelta) from fucking things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you play MP? I am asking because I used to be a really patient man regarding law breaks and usually overlooked minor shit.

This didn't stopped marines from buckshotting me whenever, knifing me to death, leaving me to die in xeno hands, directly shooting at me, besides I not even being part on whatever the hell happened.

You say to be cool with marines, but marines will spit on you in any chance they get. Thats just fact.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically dont be a Rex Texas but dont be a total pushover might as well be afk MP either is my advice.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Destroying fucking windows for no reason)
    Flash them. Brig for 5 minutes hooliganism. If you're CMP just NJP them with push ups.
    Arresting MPs can now apply NJPs to someone they outrank (SGTs, CPLs, etc).
    (job person not doing their job)
    Find person. Brig for NOD. If CMP you're give NJP. If they do that shit again brig for NOD but dont NJP them anymore.
    I'm quite sure that even CMP can't NJP NoD, because it is major crime and minimum punishment is 15 minutes. According to ML only crimes with a sentence equal to or lower than 10 minutes may be NJPed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That i overlooked. I dont quite like that rule since you're literally still making them NODing by brigging them. I hope it gets updated sometime in the future. Probably a warning at first then 15 minutes.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to bea good MP: dont play mp
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't play MP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP is like being regular security on other servers. Everyone hates you no matter what you do, lenience can only go so far, and you'll probably end up dead before the round's even over. Except this time almost everyone else has a gun and will go ape shit over a single arrest.

Don't play MP unless you're a robust fearmongerer that commands the respect of those around you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    That i overlooked. I dont quite like that rule since you're literally still making them NODing by brigging them. I hope it gets updated sometime in the future. Probably a warning at first then 15 minutes.
    To suggest how to play MP, You should be aware of every little detail.

Besides, on Brig its not considered NoD, but punishment for previous NoD. If you were not doing your job to the point of getting it, its unlikely they would do it after getting NJPed.