User Tag List

Thread: MarpleJones - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarpleJones - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    MarpleJones
    Character Name?
    None, OOC issue.
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    audigzz
    Total Ban Duration
    3 hours.
    Remaining Duration
    3 minutes. (Most likely unbanned by now)
    What other servers do you play on?
    Paradise Station, other smaller servers.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Neither.
    Reason for Ban
    "Copypasting a long paragraph after being warned not to spam it TWICE."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    (//showthrea...rative-Request , wrong location for the post - I copied the original one here.)
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I've been recently banned for spamming a wall of text at the end of a round by the moderator audigzz.

As a ban, I've got nothing against waiting three hours until I can join the game. However, what I do dislike is the fact that I've been banned for ignoring an admin's warnings.

Basically, what happened was one guy spamming

"I am seriously considering cryoing every time we will have LZ2 FOB on LV, it seems that normal persons with at least 1% of their grey matter active do not perform this maneuvre. Every, fucking every time we are setting FOB on LZ2 on LV we are being smaked in hydro cluterfuck and ravaged as bitches, every time all orders after lz2 FOB are more like screams of a madmen, every time shit is unleashed.also medbay was fucking joke, I spent 10 minutes to be just noticed, 1 doctor did not evne know what surgery is and was an addition to autosurgery, CMO shitting somwhere with rookies, chemist do not give a fuck on everyone, only 1 mate was actually WORKING. Tl;dr, XO/CMO must be jobbaned, CO unwhitelisted".

He posted that once, then someone else (or the same person, I can't remind myself of who that was) joined into the fun, and posted the same thing. An adolescent guy such as myself, of course, found it funny and decided to add my sauce to the sausage. After that the OOC was muted, and an admin said that 'the next person to spam that gets banned'.

Nobody posted that afterwards, but then a moderator tells me in admin chat that i'll be banned for three hours after ignoring two warnings.

I was dumbfolded by that. I have neither received those warnings, nor did I have the chance to ask what was even going on.

I have absolutely no problem waiting three hours, but since the admins keep notes about wrongdoers, I probably have something like that 'noted' in my personal section, and I can't stand the thought of being accused of something I haven't fully fleshed out.

Thanks for the quick response, and if there is anything to clarify that I missed, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bans of less than 24 hours should not be appealed.

If you wish to make a complaint against the Staff member in question then please make a Staff Report.

Closed.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager