Discord Username?
    ro3ger#0497

CM Character?
    Cletus Mayward,May 'Chaos' Blyant

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    PDT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    12-13

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    N/A

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Skyrat,TGMC,Aurora,dead space,paradise

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    N/A

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    No

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Sleep the player check how new the account is if its less than a week most likely a griefer but never the less ask them exactly what happened and try to get the story of why they shot someone and when I have seen these situations before they usually end in a ban

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    PM the predator so they can give their side as and make sure the pred didn't kill in any areas that aren't permitted. check to see if did anything that made them "dishonorable" and generally making sure and that the killed player is not considered a dishonorable aka meds. In the end will most likely get the pred code on a alt tab to make sure what was done wasn't against the whitelist rules

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Inform the mentors via mentorsay as albiet it feels bad to say this but it is a mentor problem and not a moderator

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If I can try and de-escalate them most likely will fail. Inform them that if they wish to attest or talk to talk to a admin+ or etc and or do not agree with rulings they may make a forum post on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would ask john doe to change their name after the round but as it is not offensive or a clear reference to a movie or game I wouldn't take action unless they use the name again

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Would watch them a bit to see if they are deploying if so no action but if they aren't. I would ask they put the items away if they aren't
    I have seen this often and not seen admin intervention so my answers here are assuming this is infact a rule

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Have been in a instance where this happened(surv side) and saw the resulting forum post. I believe this was recently added that survivors are no longer allowed to do this. I would inform the survivor that they cannot do this unless they receive admin permission, would tell them to either give themselves in or go and fight the xenos and do not attack the marines.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    First try and figure out if this is 100% the scenario with any logs I can use. Question the MP and if the MP did infact false permanent confinement over a attachment give the MP a timed job ban and tell them to read space rules and have either the MP or someone else release the player

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Would use the Queen mother message and a message something like this "Children the time to attack is now, the talls have retreated to the metal hive in the sky I have sensed their fears of you they aren't coming back"

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Try and figure out IC if they are new and if its obvious their not I would Ahelp as currently playing and would inform them of the suspicions

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the CLF player that it was allowed as CLF and USCM are hostile to each other even during end of round

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell the marine that is running around to stop via ahelps as they are disrupting the games of others and sleep them if they do continue

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform the murder that is not how escalation on CM works and punish as needed

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Mass Sleep and find out from each mutineer why they were mutinying and hand out punishments as needed

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Check the players notes and see if this is a normal occurrence and inform them that this is utterly unacceptable

(I feel like a hypocrite writing this due to one of my notes. which I did in the heat of anger)

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    attempt to Aheal as many players as I can and give the griefer a perma ban

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    As long as they do not run directly into the front line and stay in the back lines of the xeno side I would say no action but if they push into front would PM them and inform them to not do this in the future and possibly make a note

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Mute the xeno and inform them to please stop and if they continue apply a ban if needed

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Monitor to see if they are constantly calling it a dropship or if it was a single occurance if it isn't inform them of the rules about RP and direct to the rules on the wiki

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Wait until briefing is done and if marines start saying there aliens too make a MOOC announcement that the command staff shouldn't have said that and to act as if they didn't say that. and if the marines ignore it inform the command staff that they aren't supposed to "know" that aliens are ground side

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Honestly fair on them this is huministic trait that all humans are selfish but I would ask the marine to please next time try and get a different pod.
    The only question is morals, should I let this person live and sacrifice my own life or do I kill another man for assured survival, I hate morals

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform them to not insult staff in looc and most likely make a Looc in the area around them to show that they may think their slick but they are not and most likely say "Hi there got a minute" and if most likely put a note on their account about this

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that on CM there is no SSD protection unlike other servers and apologize that this happened but can't offer them any more help

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Try and inform the staff member via Msay about this and if needed may need to rectify the problem, hopfully I wouldn't have to

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Try and find out the facts from the actions and attempt to put in my input and possibly have to escalate higher up the chain if the arguing continues as I can only give my input and help as much as I can

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Just a little Peer pressure but I like the CM community and would love to help it as much as I can since this is a volunteer position it can always use more help

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Having the right morals and not using your position for power or personnel gains

Anything else you want to add?
    I am not 100% on what punishments are and am hoping that if I am accepted I can learn them in training

Always bully firecharge123 >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APPARENTLY I cannot read, I do use discord daily and I full well know what it is I just read it as a program within discord and just slightly died on the inside once seeing my mistakr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I am requesting a withdrawal of my application as I have been informed by a 3rd party that this is confusing at best and I would rather retry at a later time and be more precise in my words. And also I hate english even though its my first language

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying! Seems I'll be the first to review! We understand that you might be unsure about how to punish/what punishments to give, so the application itself is based on your server and rule knowledge. Seeming you're a mentor, you should already have a headstart!

Quote Originally Posted by ro3ger View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.

Sleep the player check how new the account is if its less than a week most likely a griefer but never the less ask them exactly what happened and try to get the story of why they shot someone and when I have seen these situations before they usually end in a ban
    Bad answer. You put more effort into suspicions that you did explaining investigation and action here.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?

PM the predator so they can give their side as and make sure the pred didn't kill in any areas that aren't permitted. check to see if did anything that made them "dishonorable" and generally making sure and that the killed player is not considered a dishonorable aka meds. In the end will most likely get the pred code on a alt tab to make sure what was done wasn't against the whitelist rules
    Wrong.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.

Inform the mentors via mentorsay as albiet it feels bad to say this but it is a mentor problem and not a moderator
    Wrong. While there are more important matters for moderators to do, staff are here to help players, not brush them off. You could go into more detail here about "what ifs" as well.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.

If I can try and de-escalate them most likely will fail. Inform them that if they wish to attest or talk to talk to a admin+ or etc and or do not agree with rulings they may make a forum post on the forums.
    Decent answer. Staff are volunteers; they don't have to take abuse. A player is not allowed to request someone else to handle the ticket.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?

I would ask john doe to change their name after the round but as it is not offensive or a clear reference to a movie or game I wouldn't take action unless they use the name again
    Decent answer, good approach. You can change their name for them, then inform them to change it in their preferences and how. You should note them for the incident if the name is clearly memey and LRP.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.

Would watch them a bit to see if they are deploying if so no action but if they aren't. I would ask they put the items away if they aren't
    I have seen this often and not seen admin intervention so my answers here are assuming this is infact a rule
    Bad answer, good initial approach. It's a good idea to watch them for misconduct if you have suspicions, but you shouldn't intervene. It's normally an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?

Have been in a instance where this happened(surv side) and saw the resulting forum post. I believe this was recently added that survivors are no longer allowed to do this. I would inform the survivor that they cannot do this unless they receive admin permission, would tell them to either give themselves in or go and fight the xenos and do not attack the marines.
    Bad resolution, great approach. This would be an OOC violation, it cannot be handled with IC restrictions

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.

First try and figure out if this is 100% the scenario with any logs I can use. Question the MP and if the MP did infact false permanent confinement over a attachment give the MP a timed job ban and tell them to read space rules and have either the MP or someone else release the player
    Good approach, bad resolution. If it's a first time situation, we would only issue a formal warning (note). You would work off of their history. Overall, decent answer.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Would use the Queen mother message and a message something like this "Children the time to attack is now, the talls have retreated to the metal hive in the sky I have sensed their fears of you they aren't coming back"
    Good answer, but marines in this example are still groundside.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?

Try and figure out IC if they are new and if its obvious their not I would Ahelp as currently playing and would inform them of the suspicions
    Decent answer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.

Inform the CLF player that it was allowed as CLF and USCM are hostile to each other even during end of round
    Good answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.

Tell the marine that is running around to stop via ahelps as they are disrupting the games of others and sleep them if they do continue
    Decent answer. Most of it is roundstart shenanigans if it gets out of hand, and we'd note people for it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.

Inform the murder that is not how escalation on CM works and punish as needed
    Decent answer. Considering the example, you should assume it's only been pming both parties, meaning you should likely do extra investigation as checking attack logs and note history to see if you should escalate.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

Mass Sleep and find out from each mutineer why they were mutinying and hand out punishments as needed
    Decent answer, great approach. If things are already out of hand, there's no bad-faith in mass-sleeping. You should also call for other staff to help out.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.

Check the players notes and see if this is a normal occurrence and inform them that this is utterly unacceptable

(I feel like a hypocrite writing this due to one of my notes. which I did in the heat of anger)
    Good answer.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.

attempt to Aheal as many players as I can and give the griefer a perma ban
    Decent answer. Only managers can issue permabans.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.

As long as they do not run directly into the front line and stay in the back lines of the xeno side I would say no action but if they push into front would PM them and inform them to not do this in the future and possibly make a note
    Wrong. The end is right.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen

Mute the xeno and inform them to please stop and if they continue apply a ban if needed
    Decent answer. We don't use chat mutes on players unless they're spamming. Note first before you issue bans.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".

Monitor to see if they are constantly calling it a dropship or if it was a single occurance if it isn't inform them of the rules about RP and direct to the rules on the wiki
    Wrong.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.

Wait until briefing is done and if marines start saying there aliens too make a MOOC announcement that the command staff shouldn't have said that and to act as if they didn't say that. and if the marines ignore it inform the command staff that they aren't supposed to "know" that aliens are ground side
    Decent answer. You should inform command staff first and note them. You should only MOOC if it's something very serious. If a few other players are getting involved, you should be treating it the similar to the command case.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.

Honestly fair on them this is huministic trait that all humans are selfish but I would ask the marine to please next time try and get a different pod.
    The only question is morals, should I let this person live and sacrifice my own life or do I kill another man for assured survival, I hate morals
    Decent answer.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.

Inform them to not insult staff in looc and most likely make a Looc in the area around them to show that they may think their slick but they are not and most likely say "Hi there got a minute" and if most likely put a note on their account about this
    Decent answer. You shouldn't try to 1-up them in LOOC. If you're planning on PMing them, do it first.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?

Inform the player that on CM there is no SSD protection unlike other servers and apologize that this happened but can't offer them any more help
    Good answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.

Try and inform the staff member via Msay about this and if needed may need to rectify the problem, hopfully I wouldn't have to
    Good answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?

Try and find out the facts from the actions and attempt to put in my input and possibly have to escalate higher up the chain if the arguing continues as I can only give my input and help as much as I can
    Good answer.

Overall, your knowledge on the rules need improvement and to think in detail about the scenarios more. I don't believe you're ready to become a staff member. If you feel pressured to do something, you're within your rights to take the encouragement at your own pace. I believe that you should withdraw this application and try to improve your knowledge on our server rules and how we deal with them.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn at poster's request.
    You are welcome to reapply when you are ready to do so.
    Thank you!