User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowering MP Hate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Lowering MP Hate

I've noticed a uptick in MP hate, its gotten to the point that xenos are joining in. As a CMP main that just trys his best to do his job and attempt to fight the urge to flashbang cic to arrest the CO for FTFP, what do the marines want?

A couple notable rounds:

A SL was told to wear armor, something i dont care about if your a PFC but SL's are at higher RP level and should know better. He mocks me and says 'oh your going to make me wear armor im never gonna die!' And his pink haired marines tried to stop his arrest. Off to the brig. Both get released. SL dies a few minutes aftwr landing

2. I see the engineers hacked the vendors like they often do south of dropship, they hacked all three instead of the one. I collect prints and aet the two engineers to suspect. I ask them in the dropship why they hacked em, and they give me a reason enough, so i allowed it. The entire time marines are saying 'shoot the mps' and even a private chimes in that i shouldn't arrest the engineer. Everyone deploys.

Seeing in OOC that players refuse to talk to or RP with MP's.

It seems every round i don't play as CMP , the entire brig department becomes power tripping shits.

Little stuff like this kills me because i TRY so god damn hsrd not to be THAT MP and it seems no one gives a fuck? I've heard the thanks from so many marines that i told the mps to release because we had no evidence. I miss Percy, i thought me and him were going to turn the MP's reputations around.

Kinda wish there was a 'Common Sense Clause' or more details on 'ignoring minor crimes' like guidelines - no violent actions - they were sorry - they fixed their mistake - they turned themseleves in should factor into the ignore. Right now its up to each MP.

I don't think im going to stop playing MP. Just sucks you know?
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, i thouth the red alert symbol was the ������ symbol
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who starts playing MP does so with the thought of being "the fair one", "turning things around", "being nice". Just like people say when becoming prison guards and real cops.

Overtime, as you experience marines.. you slowly lose that desire.. and then one day you are brigging someone for not wearing the right headgear. And you've become MP.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Marines are animals, lunatics, and like to buck authority. It's FUN to hate MPs and fight the power. And Just like with prisoners if you try to be nice and fair.. they see it as softness and take advantage. Plus It's fun to break rules, so you will always have to arrest people, and since nothing "matters" as each round resets... you are the bad guy.

You have two paths ahead of you.

1. Use MP law against those against mps

2. descend into Brett levels of rigidity.

I have gone down the former path.... Did you know that as an mp you outrank almost every marine? And don't forget that insub is "insulting someone of a higher rank".. not just officer.
    But it's okay. We will be cool. Their NJP is to apologize and then say over Squad Comms "I got NJP because MPs were cool and gave me a break"

I keep my taser ready.

See you on the "battlefield"
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will plat CMP without a single player report. This is a threat

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daman453 View Post
    I will plat CMP without a single player report. This is a threat
    Impossible

Marines will report you for arresting them
    Mps will report you for not arresting them
    If those don't get you, the department itself will.

Last night the CMP almost had a stroke because the MPs permaed 5 people.. got permission to execute one of them.
    Then said fuck it.. we already have the guns.. and shot EVERYONE in their cells like dogs.

Good times
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Last night the CMP almost had a stroke because the MPs permaed 5 people.. got permission to execute one of them.
    Then said fuck it.. we already have the guns.. and shot EVERYONE in their cells like dogs.

Good times
    Fuck yes.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you for trying to be a "good" MP but the role in itself is just anti-fun and that's the reason people will forever hate it.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs on CM are like Security on any classic SS13 server, but without antags. With normal sec you can respect them for going after you and the vampire that kidnapped you into the maintenance, or for fighting the blob. What is there to respect MPs job for? Anything directly detrimental to the haha shoot alien haha is already not allowed by the server rules, so MPs are out there separated. Average PFC isn't here to RP, he is here to haha shoot alien haha, so anything that stops them from doing that is immediately his enemy, be it command that calls retreat, or MPs for trying to punish him for trying to pass time (haha new meme just dropped, better to reference it in game, bet nobody ever thought about that haha) before first drop.

MPs will never not be hated just because server is the way it is. You can't even just be a "nice MP", because you have to interact with a lot of different PFCs, many will ignore you, some will appriciate you being nice, but there will always be just straight up shitlers who (as mentioned before) will see you being nice as weakness and will try to exploit it. You will naturally try to ressist their tomfoolery, as you clearly see they are just annoying little fucks, but only you do. As soon as you start doing anything about it, other marines (who didn't witnessed shitler being shit) will see it as unprovoked attack on average marine and you get screwed.
    At certain points you can't be just nice, you have to brig them for bigger crimes, otherwise you will get bullied by server MPs. Which is kinda funny, admemes get simillar kind of hate, but they have that tiny part of classic SS13 security where they get to save you from maintenance from grieffers and such.

The only way to win as MP is not to play. It is an useless RP role on a combat server.
    Last edited by CABAL; 09-27-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    MPs on CM are like Security on any classic SS13 server, but without antags. With normal sec you can respect them for going after you and the vampire that kidnapped you into the maintenance, or for fighting the blob. What is there to respect MPs job for? Anything directly detrimental to the haha shoot alien haha is already not allowed by the server rules, so MPs are out there separated. Average PFC isn't here to RP, he is here to haha shoot alien haha, so anything that stops them from doing that is immediately his enemy, be it command that calls retreat, or MPs for trying to punish him for trying to pass time (haha new meme just dropped, better to reference it in game, bet nobody ever thought about that haha) before first drop.

MPs will never not be hated just because server is the way it is. You can't even just be a "nice MP", because you have to interact with a lot of different PFCs, many will ignore you, some will appriciate you being nice, but there will always be just straight up shitlers who (as mentioned before) will see you being nice as weakness and will try to exploit it. You will naturally try to ressist their tomfoolery, as you clearly see they are just annoying little fucks, but only you do. As soon as you start doing anything about it, other marines (who didn't witnessed shitler being shit) will see it as unprovoked attack on average marine and you get screwed.
    At certain points you can't be just nice, you have to brig them for bigger crimes, otherwise you will get bullied by server MPs. Which is kinda funny, admemes get simillar kind of hate, but they have that tiny part of classic SS13 security where they get to save you from maintenance from grieffers and such.

The only way to win as MP is not to play. It is an useless RP role on a combat server.
    I heard this agurement before, but marine law is to easy to avoid. Painfully easy that requires little prep. Wear armor on ship, take it off on planet. Simple, but hard to pure TDM. I also don't get this agurement that MP's deal with zero threats. We do, when you are off in TDM land, we deal with a MT bar and the case of a shot CT. We deal with the CE killing someone. The theft of the CL's briefcase. The summoned ERT call. Mini events like ARES freezing over or the Whiteout synth. I play PFC to have fun, i play MP to solve crimes, get to the bottom of things and arrest wrong doers.

Shipside antags got removed because CO would BE any shipside antag, and without antags there is no forensics. Its sad because having someone pull a gun or something like that are the moments i live for.

I just find it so hard to take you seriously because its clear you find no value in shipside roles unless it supports the TDM mode.

Now, anyone have a suggestion to marine law or otherwise that keeps the antagazation to a minimum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Good on you for trying to be a "good" MP but the role in itself is just anti-fun and that's the reason people will forever hate it.
    Anti-fun? People don't RP with MP's at all. Most just ignore you. Then all the people who have fun RPing leave the role, then you get turbonerds that play MP to arrest you over a hat. If you ignored bad MP's and fostered a good relation with the good ones, the good ones eill be encouraged and keep playing